IGNORED

Solitaire repository for testing new cc65 features

karri

Hi,

My old server is probably giving in any day now. It just does not work anymore. So I decided to move my repository to bitbucket instead.

My repository in now at https://bitbucket.org/karri

You can get the code and browse through it anonymously.

Without paying anything I can add up to 5 users who can then commit changes to my code. If you want to commit fixes throw me an email and I give you more rights.

So what will happen next?

I intend to implement the latest ideas by Wookie to make booting super-fast by creating a new kind of bootloader. This also allows us to start sound-effects at the same time with the title-screen. And the title-screen can be animated!

I will try out these new features on the Solitaire cart. Perhaps I even add some new multiplayer game using ComLynx. Would Texas hold'em be nice? Or perhaps some non-betting game like Marjapussi (a very popular card game in Finland). It is played by 3 persons as single players or 4 persons as a 2+2 team game. Marjapussi is a very tactical game but much more fun than ordinary luck-based card games.

The new cc65 compiler will be able to create 128k and 512k carts directly. So I probably ifdef away the credits, jukebox etc to shrink the code to fit a smaller rom also.

--

Karri

Or perhaps some non-betting game like Marjapussi (a very popular card game in Finland). It is played by 3 persons as single players or 4 persons as a 2+2 team game. Marjapussi is a very tactical game but much more fun than ordinary luck-based card games.

I vote for MarjaPussi, dint even know you can play it with 3 persons. Do you have the rules by hand?

Or perhaps some non-betting game like Marjapussi (a very popular card game in Finland). It is played by 3 persons as single players or 4 persons as a 2+2 team game. Marjapussi is a very tactical game but much more fun than ordinary luck-based card games.

I vote for MarjaPussi, dint even know you can play it with 3 persons. Do you have the rules by hand?

Yes. Basically you throw away cards 2, 3, 4, 5 from the deck. The deck is shuffled, all cards are dealt to players. At the first game whoever gets ace of spades starts. After this turns are rotating. In case of 3 players the extra cards are put in "devils pile". Whoever gets the first win gets this pile but he has to put away the same number of cards. He can not discard A's or 10's.

The card order is A, 10, K, Q, J, 9, 8, 7, 6.

The goal of the game is to get exactly 12 points. If you get no points in one game you go to "Porvoo" (see picture) - a city east of Helsinki and you saldo drops to 0 points.

post-2099-129550093731_thumb.jpg

If you get over 12 points your points drop back to 7 points.

There are many ways to get points.

After you win a round and you have both the K and the Q of some suite you can declare this suite to be trumph and you get 2 points. After this you trumph-suite wins ovar all other suites.

If the trumph suite has already been made you can still get 2 points by making a "pikkarainen". It is also a K + Q but it won't change the trumph suite. After making a "pikkarainen" (small one) you must play this suite on your next turn.

You also get one point for each A and 10 you manage to get.

The tacticks is about when you decide to declare your trumph and how to force the others to go over 12 points. You can declare a trumph suite alone or together with your team player by asking your team player if he has a "whole diamonds" (K + Q) or a "half clubs" (K or Q). He can only answer with words yes or no.

It is usually wise to secure your teams 10's and A's of non-trumph suites before declaring a trumph suite. Following your team players smile or anxious facial expressions may give you some hints.

Simple? - yes

--

Karri

Edited by karri

It is usually wise to secure your teams 10's and A's of non-trumph suites before declaring a trumph suite. Following your team players smile or anxious facial expressions may give you some hints.

Simple? - yes

--

Karri

This differs a bit from the version I learned (for 2+2) where you bet on the point your teams will make, starting at 120.