How do I make it play games?
The thing comes on and drops me at the 'ready' prompt, I have one of these SD gizmos plugged into the drive port and it seems to be coming on fine. Easiest of easy questions--what has to happen now to make the thing play games/demos for me? What exactly does that load 8,1 (or whatever the syntax is) business mean/do?
Other less important questions:
- Are there firmware updates for such an SD device and do I care? (I seem to remember there being one not from manufacturer)
- For some reason I have a couple jiffydos chips (one for machine one for floppy drive). Does such an upgrade help my sd device too?
- Does the other joystick button do anything?
- Is it normal to have vertical bars in s-video? (I switched back to composite)
- Any game/demo recommendations for an NTSC unit that can only play single-sided programs (sd unit)?
And please do not call my setup crap. It always seems to happen on forums, which is why I've never even used it despite my having purchased it all years ago. I just want to see some neat demos and games.
Edited by Reaperman, Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:53 PM.