CV Gus - 1

doctorclu - 1

roadrunner - 1

good luck everyone!

any corrections please post.

Edited by roadrunner

Recently 2 members of the 5200 HSC got banned atariksi/Divya16

Apperently they are the same person.

Should i let their/his scores stand or not?

I don't feel like tossing out their/his scores for the last year.

They/him spent the time and effort to get a good score and support the 5200 HSC.

And atariksi set alot of new records over the last year.

This is not a problem i wanted to have when i took over the 5200 HSC.

atariksi is on pace to win the season 3 5200 HSC championship.

It just doesn't feel right giving it to someone who is no longer with us.

I should have seen the signs that something was up. They both liked to quote my last post with thier new score

and they didn't type in what their score was.

I didn't want to be rude and say please type in your score to make things easier for me to update.

But it was a pretty good scam they had going. One would play on real hardware(atariksi) and one would play on an emulator(Divya16)

They did the same thing in the 8bit HSC too.

Thoughts??

Edit - they are not the same person, just freinds who share computers at times.

Edited by roadrunner
  • Like 1

Let them stand. They contributed here, and for the most part on the HSC posts were in good behavior. Hate to see them go, but if they were disrupting the rest of Atariage, I guess the action is what it is and was needed. But their scores here I think should stay.

Edited by doctorclu

Let them stand. They contributed here, and for the most part on the HSC posts were in good behavior. Hate to see them go, but if they were disrupting the rest of Atariage, I guess the action is what it is and was needed. But there scores here I think should stay.

I'm leaning towards letting their scores stand too. They were well behaved here.

It's a shame to lose 2 players here in the 5200 HSC.

As I said on the A8 thread, let the achievements stand for what they are. I've seen no evidence of cheating in the 5200 HSC. Besides, anyone advanced by removing them would forever have an asterisk of shame next to an unearned title. Our departed player happened to be my favorite person to beat here, though it only happened a few times. My epic Pole Position battle would not have been possible otherwise. Likewise with Galaxian.

I have to to admit I thoroughly enjoyed beating him down in Missile Command and River Raid with analog controllers ;)

Let's move on and play some Centipede. Speaking of which, I just had the best game of Centipede I've ever played. The oddest part is I actually hated(and still do) Centipede. :ponder: 19,056

post-25215-129621876798_thumb.jpg

Let them stand. They contributed here, and for the most part on the HSC posts were in good behavior. Hate to see them go, but if they were disrupting the rest of Atariage, I guess the action is what it is and was needed. But there scores here I think should stay.

I'm leaning towards letting their scores stand too. They were well behaved here.

It's a shame to lose 2 players here in the 5200 HSC.

I say let their scores stand. Their scores reflect the same as a part-time 5200 HSC player (like myself).

The alternative would be to extend the season so someone might pass him... :ponder:

I thought about that, but it would take a few more rounds for atariron82 to take over the point lead.

Besides this season is almost over.

And over the last 11 months atariksi has proved to be the best player in the 5200 HSC so i can't really take that away from him.

But it's strange having our season 3 champion banned.

I guess there's no easy answers for this problem. :(

It is definitely an odd situation no one would have forseen. Perhaps we could declare the next highest point total the "acting Champion" Disclaimer: In the event the original champion is unable to fulfill his/hers duties as champion...

Just throwing ideas out there. :)

Edited by zylon

It is definitely an odd situation no one would have forseen. Perhaps we could declare the next highest point total the "acting Champion" Disclaimer: In the event the original champion is unable to fulfill his/hers duties as champion...

Just throwing ideas out there. :)

That's not a bad idea. That could be an easy solution to clear up this mess.

I'd like to hear from atariron82 and see if he would be ok with this or not.

Or i could just have a asterisk next to our season 3 champion saying that he was banned.

Well pulled out the trackball I got with my 5200 when I found it at a pawn shop about three years back. 5200 worked, never could get the trackball to work. I know why... the roller mechanisms are gone!! I mean, looks like they were never installled. Anyone either have a picture of the inside of the trackball, or know where I find the mechanisms?

I felt self accomplished to figure out how to wrap up the cord of the bottom of the game controller though.... :)

post-4709-129641752886_thumb.jpg

10,419. Never been very good at 5200 Centipede, but it does give me incentive to go find a trackball...

Would trackball make the gameplay any better?

I don't know, but it's worth a shot! Seems like a trackball might make it a little easier to control. Regardless, it's a good excuse to buy more Atari stuff.

10,419. Never been very good at 5200 Centipede, but it does give me incentive to go find a trackball...

Would trackball make the gameplay any better?

The guy from ClassicGameRoom in his 5200 trackball review said that the trackball didn't help the gameplay in Centipede much, but it was real good for playing Missile Command.

Edited by roadrunner