IGNORED

ANYONE GOING TO MGC?

Clay

Midwest Gaming Classic 2011 is being held at the Sheraton Hotel In Brookfield Wisconsin on Saturday and Sunday March 26-27 2011.

Link: http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

They also are having what looks to me a very interesting tour on Friday 25 March called "Arcade: Factory to Floor tour" with a trip to Stern Pinball, Par-Tec, Inc, and concludes at Gameworks for lunch and 2 hour free play in the arcade.

BTW: I am not associated with the event at all but will be attending and will help out with a Jaguar booth.

I might actually go this year. I've skipped the last 2 years, because by late March, I'm already not interested in games because it's nice and warm-ish out by then! But heck, a couple hours indoors won't kill me since it's only 10 minutes away from me :)

I'm kind with you Mirage, though in Central New York you're waiting unil early to mid April before it's consistently nice out! Nevertheless, can't get the car out until April (to be sure the salt is off the roads) so I may be taking some road trips during the next couple of months. Fortunately the show in Portland isn't until September (after Labor Day) by which time I'm fairly close to getting the car back in, so that's good timing too!

Honestly, I wish all conventions were between the months of October-March. That would be perfect.

I'll be there, just as I am every year. :)

(Okay, I missed '06...and there was no '05...)

You'll most likely find me working the GOAT Store booth. I'll also be helping move and set up some of the arcades, pinballs, and vendor tables...as well as tearing it all down Sunday night.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact Person: Dan Iacovelli

Organization: AVC Online

Telephone Number: (708) 688-4561

Email Address: AtariVideoClub@yahoo.com

Web site Address: http://avc.atari-users.net/

AVC Online announces it's Return the to Jagfest Section at Midwest Gaming Classic

Chicago,IL-(Friday, January 28, 2011)-AVC Online is pleased to announce their return

to The Midwest Gaming Classic at the Brookfield Sheraton on March 26th and 27th and once

again hosting the Jagfest section.

At the 2010 Midwest Gaming Classic, AVC Online returned to the show as one of the host of the Jagfest Section

with help from Jason Nobel (AKA AstroPuff)who helped man the section as well bring his Jaguar systems and games.

This year Jason and I will be back to run the Jagfest section with some extra help from fellow

Jaguar Sector-II members: Adolobe and Clay (as well as Dan Loosen who supplied the Maximum force /Area-51 coin-op

last year, and probably supply it again this year and Diehard Game Hunter(John Norman ))

Right now we are looking to make this section stand out like back in 2004 MGC.

Midwest Gaming Classic is currently celebrating it’s tenth year of the show which started out

at Jagfest 2001: Beyond Tempest.

Jagfest itself is on it’s 14th year and still is popular not only being part of Midwest Gaming Classic but

as part of the Video Game Summit. Not to mention the overseas Jagfest stand alone shows are still continuing.

Jagfest is more then a celebration of the Atari Jaguar but of its fans as well.

To help us make the section great we are still looking for more helpers

if your interested please e-mail me and I’ll let Dan and John know and we will

get back to you on what we need.

Also besides running the Jagfest section, we will once again be selling limited supply

and Jagfest On Tour White t-shirts. Plus We will Debuting the return of the

Jagfest Tour shirts with new Front designs inspired by the new Jagfest Covers

(issues #1 to 6 will be this years show for display only, #7 which is the tenth anniversary book

is still being worked on but we will be taking request to be put on the waiting lists for it as

well take orders of other items that is in news stand ( http://cafepress.com/avcnews ))

and while the only size we will be selling at the show is large for the tour shirts we will be

taking request for different sizes of the Jagfest Tour Shirts until March 15th for Midwest Gaming classic.

To request a different size visit this page: http://avc.atari-users.net/Events/News_Stand_Request.html you

an then pick up and pay for your shirt at the show.

We are also planning to have an exclusive Jagfest

Tour Special Edition mini poster being for the show as well.

For information on Midwest Gaming Classic visit:

http://midwestgamingclassic.com

Visit the official Jagfest website at

http://jagfest.atari.org

Jaguar sector-II website:

http://www.jaguarsector.com

About AVC Online:

AVC Online (formerly Atari Video Club) is a Club that has been supporting Atari Video games

and computers for more then 13 years. We have also been involved with

Atari Jaguar Festival since 1997.

For more information on AVC Online visit: http://avc.atari-users.net

END PRESS RELEASE

###

I haven't gone the last 2 years, primarily because of the annoying kid factor (too many parents dropping their kids off to roam around, get in the way and play games for free all_day_long), but it'd be nice to meet some of you semi-local dudes sometime. I dunno. The fee to get into the place is a major putoff too. Especially for someone like me that's easily annoyed with large crowds and peoples unruly children. $40 for two people to get in on a Saturday... Yikes! If I lived 10 mins away, like some of you, I'd be more tempted, but it's almost 1-1/2 hours one way for me icon_sad.gif

Hmm... I do have a couple of pins that need to be dropped off at a buddy's along the way, so might be a good idea to kill a couple of birds with one stone. We'll see.

I haven't gone the last 2 years, primarily because of the annoying kid factor (too many parents dropping their kids off to roam around, get in the way and play games for free all_day_long), but it'd be nice to meet some of you semi-local dudes sometime.

We have a policy that forbids that, and in fact kids must be accompanied by adults to get in. It might be that the show is popular with kids and of course we have lots of them - but adults certainly outnumber kids in attendance.

To bad, you missed are largest show yet last year. This year is of course our 10th anniversary show, hopefully you'll make it.

yess all please come JAGEFEST :lust: I cant say it will be great but then the only thing that

will make it great is the addition of some true fans. Come on out guys we can all play some good stuff

together. and if you have any sugestions for the Jagfest section let us know. I just want to play some games

with people who enjoy to play the same ones, Hope to see you guys there. :D

jason

IThe fee to get into the place is a major putoff too. Especially for someone like me that's easily annoyed with large crowds and peoples unruly children. $40 for two people to get in on a Saturday... Yikes! If I lived 10 mins away, like some of you, I'd be more tempted, but it's almost 1-1/2 hours one way for me icon_sad.gif

That's a completely fair price to ask for a show of the size of the MGC and the amount of content it has, in fact it's below the norm. We are at 30,000 sq ft now, with about 200 coins on free play this past year besides all the rooms full of consoles and computers on display, live events, and more. Saturday is a longer day for the show than Sunday, hence the difference in pricing besides Sunday being geared towards "family day". People come in the morning and stay the entire day to play games for nothing, besides all the events and competitions.

In comparison, California Extreme is $40 for Saturday and $30 for Sunday. Pax East is $35 a day (and that's only because of the corporate sponsorship they get, being a mainly corporate show).

For the 10th Anniversary show this year, we're adding even more content and events in fact.

I'm sorry Marty, you're absolutely right. I should have qualified my statement about the price being "off-putting". For someone like me who's primarily only interested in purchasing coin op or console stuff, I can make the rounds, say Hi to everyone I know and be out of there in a half an hour or less. And that's really all I truly ever go for. Certainly didn't mean to imply that the show and all that it emcompasses has little value or isn't worth it. All things being equal, no doubt the events and everything you guys do is awesome. Didn't mean to shit on you or Dan and everyone else involved. I sometimes forget to clarify my ramblings :(

Hey guys i think this is going to be a great show. Last year i had no idea what I was doing and i still dont.

I just want to add my time to this show so i can help people to rember the Jag. I had blast last year and I really

dont think any body would believe the amount of people who just stopped by to try it out and really liked it. I was

really impressed. I would like more people who already know about it to come and play games. As far as i know right

now we will have atleast 5 tv's with systems to play. We want to link doom as we did last year and also battlesphere.

I think we may get 3 to 6 copys to link. I also think if anybody has some ideas to help us out to make it more fun (jagfest)

it would help us out. Last year there was just 2 of us now there is atleast 4. come check it out, You might like it :)

I'm kind with you Mirage, though in Central New York you're waiting unil early to mid April before it's consistently nice out! Nevertheless, can't get the car out until April (to be sure the salt is off the roads) so I may be taking some road trips during the next couple of months. Fortunately the show in Portland isn't until September (after Labor Day) by which time I'm fairly close to getting the car back in, so that's good timing too!

Honestly, I wish all conventions were between the months of October-March. That would be perfect.

Portland ME?

Just wanted to toss a cool little update out there -- if you're a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000, we've received a number of tickets to give away for their February 18th and 19th shows in Milwaukee -- just sign up for our mailing list before midnight on February 11th, and you'll automaticall be entered to win tickets to this great show!

If you go, stop by our booth there and say "hi!" and check out some of the fun sci-fi themed games that we will have for people to play. Not confident you'll win tickets to the show? Head to http://www.pabsttheater.com/cinematictitanic to get your tickets now!

Don't forget to pre-order your tickets, 10th Anniversary Limited Edition T-Shirts, Friday Arcade: Factory to Floor Tour Seats and more by heading to the Midwest Gaming Classic tickets page at http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/tickets/ Keep watching the Midwest Gaming Classic web site, as a lot of new and exciting announcements for the 2011 10th Anniversary Show will be coming soon!

Let's say I'd kick myself if I missed it, but I hope I get to go. I'm still not exactly settled at my new home (far from it). One of these years I still hope to join the ranks as a vendor or nifty stuff exhibitor. That's not this year still, but I'd be willing to bet MGC will continue to get larger for many years to come. At very least I'd love to be there this time.

AX