IGNORED

IRATASAN COLLECTION

iratasan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, it is interesting to see that much Atari stuff in one place! Looks like a lot of effort has been put into acquiring it all. I wonder if that Printer still works :grin:

I had troubles printing with the Atari 1025 printer but the other one the 825 did print out ok.

Your Collection is beyond impressive... if you don't mind me asking, how long have you been Collecting Atari?

I looooove that 'vault' looking Case/Shelf you have most of your stuff in... looks sooo slick and 'store/museum' like.

:rock:

:thumbsup:

Your Collection is beyond impressive... if you don't mind me asking, how long have you been Collecting Atari?

I looooove that 'vault' looking Case/Shelf you have most of your stuff in... looks sooo slick and 'store/museum' like.

Thanks for your kind comments. :thumbsup:

I started collecting not too long ago... in April 2010... for the 25th anniversary of my first computer the one i got in April 1985, an Atari 800XL of course (at the time in Italy everyone else had a Commodore 64 so i was very proud of it).

99% of the stuff i got is boxed and fully working.. I still need to troubleshoot the 1025 printer as soon as i find a suitable ribbon replacement and a few more printing sw.

The 'vault' looking Case/Shelf, is one of the latest additions to the collection and really ties everything together and gives it a nice "museum-like" finish, i am very happy with it.

Having 2 cats in the house it also preserves the Atari items from fur/dust/heat etc.

2 more items are coming soon... i can't wait! :-)

Stay tuned... ;)

Thanks for your kind comments. :thumbsup:

I started collecting not too long ago... in April 2010... for the 25th anniversary of my first computer the one i got in April 1985, an Atari 800XL of course (at the time in Italy everyone else had a Commodore 64 so i was very proud of it).

99% of the stuff i got is boxed and fully working.. I still need to troubleshoot the 1025 printer as soon as i find a suitable ribbon replacement and a few more printing sw.

The 'vault' looking Case/Shelf, is one of the latest additions to the collection and really ties everything together and gives it a nice "museum-like" finish, i am very happy with it.

Having 2 cats in the house it also preserves the Atari items from fur/dust/heat etc.

2 more items are coming soon... i can't wait! :-)

Stay tuned... ;)

? My wifes' cat is not allowed in 'any' of my rooms, for any reason, at any time. I suppose I'm more fortunate than some, that I get my own space.

I can't believe you built that up in two years time... I can, but wow... I'm sorta similar, I get on tangents and am unstoppable when I get in that mood. I pretty much covered my NEC Wantlists in less than 6 months, all CIB in vg-sealed condition. Took toooooons of homework and lowballing, and haggling... worst system I've bought for so far easily... the TG & the PCE hands down.

>My wifes' cat is not allowed in 'any' of my rooms, for any reason, at any time.

Average European apartments are much smaller than US "multi-level/floor" houses...

So cats are the rulers of the house... they cannot be stopped! :-o

It's easier to protect the items than trying to stop cats from having access to any of the rooms of the house!

The display/shelf is in my living room so i would have to ban them from it and it is not feasable.

>I'm sorta similar, I get on tangents and am unstoppable when I get in that mood.

Yeah, i think you got the point. Plus remember that for "us" (europeans) collecting stuff that are mostly available in the US is subject to higher fixed expenses for both export shipping, import tax/duties etc.

No way for us to score big at any local flea market or garage sale (or other sources like Craiglist etc.). Just forums and their members and the usual ebay classic.

So when it come to that "amazingly rare item" on Ebay the other bidders from the USA can count on their competitive advantage of not having to pay for int'l shipping and import taxes etc (moreover some sellers do not want to ship outside of USA so if i really want the item i have to rely on some friends in the USA for "dual shipping" (local+international) ending in doubled shipping charges. :thumbsdown:

But hey.. this is part of the fun/challenge in collecting items... right? :D

>My wifes' cat is not allowed in 'any' of my rooms, for any reason, at any time.

Average European apartments are much smaller than US "multi-level/floor" houses...

So cats are the rulers of the house... they cannot be stopped! :-o

It's easier to protect the items than trying to stop cats from having access to any of the rooms of the house!

The display/shelf is in my living room so i would have to ban them from it and it is not feasable.

>I'm sorta similar, I get on tangents and am unstoppable when I get in that mood.

Yeah, i think you got the point. Plus remember that for "us" (europeans) collecting stuff that are mostly available in the US is subject to higher fixed expenses for both export shipping, import tax/duties etc.

No way for us to score big at any local flea market or garage sale (or other sources like Craiglist etc.). Just forums and their members and the usual ebay classic.

So when it come to that "amazingly rare item" on Ebay the other bidders from the USA can count on their competitive advantage of not having to pay for int'l shipping and import taxes etc (moreover some sellers do not want to ship outside of USA so if i really want the item i have to rely on some friends in the USA for "dual shipping" (local+international) ending in doubled shipping charges. :thumbsdown:

But hey.. this is part of the fun/challenge in collecting items... right? :D

Your Collection just took on a whooooole new meaning to me... wow, I never really took the time to think about how hard it is for you guys. Your Collection is amazing, do you plan on making it any bigger?

I don't even have a boxed 2600 yet... there is a guy on Ebay atm who wants $600+ for it... I did find a Mint 2600 loose (surprised it was sooo clean loose) for less than $60, came with a bunch of loose games (that I need to give away, most are dirty, and I only collect cib for the 26). So, to see all of your Atari stuff, in such clean and non damaged boxes, is a major site to see imho.

What does it smell like in your living room? Does any of your Collection give off a smell? I clean everything before it goes on my shelves... if it's plastic, it gets cleaned with alcohol, if it's cardboard/paper, it gets wiped down with a paper towel that's been dampened by water. My room has a sweet cardboard/plastic/factory smell... I imagine your room has an interesting odor as well.

I am a strange one ;)

Your Collection just took on a whooooole new meaning to me... wow, I never really took the time to think about how hard it is for you guys. Your Collection is amazing, do you plan on making it any bigger?

I don't even have a boxed 2600 yet... there is a guy on Ebay atm who wants $600+ for it... I did find a Mint 2600 loose (surprised it was sooo clean loose) for less than $60, came with a bunch of loose games (that I need to give away, most are dirty, and I only collect cib for the 26). So, to see all of your Atari stuff, in such clean and non damaged boxes, is a major site to see imho.

What does it smell like in your living room? Does any of your Collection give off a smell? I clean everything before it goes on my shelves... if it's plastic, it gets cleaned with alcohol, if it's cardboard/paper, it gets wiped down with a paper towel that's been dampened by water. My room has a sweet cardboard/plastic/factory smell... I imagine your room has an interesting odor as well.

I am a strange one ;)

I don't plan to make it any bigger.. I am an Atari 8-bit collector and my goal was to fetch most of the 400/800 and XL series Atari products especially the ones that were marketed with a colorful box (the only product which came in a basic brown box that i have is the Atari 825 printer, i made an exception because i really like its design).

The are two items which i am missing from my collection right now. One i already acquired it and is sitting in Miami waiting for my friend to re-ship it to me. One is going to be purchased in September (i have found a source for it). Can't wait to get them!

Will post pics when i get them in.

About the Atari 2600.. don't be fooled. You can find decent ones boxed in the 50$ and very good ones in the 100$ range.

Just save your search on Ebay and sooner or later you will find one.

60$ for a loose one even if in good condition seem to be a bit on the expensive side (imho).

Personally i like better the "Darth Vader" one (all black) but if you are looking for "the original one" then you have to go for the so called "heavy sixer".

The smell from my computers, peripherals, games etc. is somehow nice and "neutral"... I never buy stuff which is coming from a smokey environment or that has dirt on so there is not a big need to clean them when i get them in.

When i open the display/shelf (from IKEA btw) i get a nice smell of wood mixed with carton and plastic smells and it blends very well... it's pleasant.

Talk to you soon!

I am a strange one ;)

I don't plan to make it any bigger.. I am an Atari 8-bit collector and my goal was to fetch most of the 400/800 and XL series Atari products especially the ones that were marketed with a colorful box (the only product which came in a basic brown box that i have is the Atari 825 printer, i made an exception because i really like its design).

The are two items which i am missing from my collection right now. One i already acquired it and is sitting in Miami waiting for my friend to re-ship it to me. One is going to be purchased in September (i have found a source for it). Can't wait to get them!

Will post pics when i get them in.

About the Atari 2600.. don't be fooled. You can find decent ones boxed in the 50$ and very good ones in the 100$ range.

Just save your search on Ebay and sooner or later you will find one.

60$ for a loose one even if in good condition seem to be a bit on the expensive side (imho).

Personally i like better the "Darth Vader" one (all black) but if you are looking for "the original one" then you have to go for the so called "heavy sixer".

The smell from my computers, peripherals, games etc. is somehow nice and "neutral"... I never buy stuff which is coming from a smokey environment or that has dirt on so there is not a big need to clean them when i get them in.

When i open the display/shelf (from IKEA btw) i get a nice smell of wood mixed with carton and plastic smells and it blends very well... it's pleasant.

Talk to you soon!

Really? That was shipped.... came with around 20-30 loose carts (that I don't value at all). It's prisitine, so I figured the price wasn't all that bad for such an old console.

Everything I've ever bought, including all sealed items... has had dust, or some amount of dirt/etc on it.

What I'm not looking forward to, is cleaning my Guide/Magazine collection... huuuuge pain in the ***.

That sounds awesome, two more items and your Goal will be complete... awesome, happy for you. (I've a looong way to go to complete my lists.) What's next after you're finished with this current goal? Another system or time to play everything in depth??? :D

That sounds awesome, two more items and your Goal will be complete... awesome, happy for you. (I've a looong way to go to complete my lists.) What's next after you're finished with this current goal? Another system or time to play everything in depth??? icon_mrgreen.gif

I am also a japanese anime vintage robot collector and i also love to collect items from scifi tv series of the 70s/80s.... so here are my other 3 treasures displays.... enjoy!

post-25989-0-23647500-1346422441_thumb.jpg

post-25989-0-25570600-1376311599_thumb.jpg

Edited by iratasan

That sounds awesome, two more items and your Goal will be complete... awesome, happy for you. (I've a looong way to go to complete my lists.) What's next after you're finished with this current goal? Another system or time to play everything in depth??? :D

I am also a japanese anime vintage robot collector and i also love to collect items from scifi tv series of the 70s/80s.... so here are my other 3 treasures displays.... enjoy!

Wow, those look so clean... did you buy them new? Or did you refurbish them, or simply find them in great shape? Do you have anything from that Lizard tv show that was popular in the 80s? I forget what it was called... Z or X... :?

Wow, those look so clean... did you buy them new? Or did you refurbish them, or simply find them in great shape?

The ones from the first pic were purchased new from 1998 onwards... the so called Bandai Soul of Chogokin line.....

The ones from the second pic are "vintage" ones from the 80s... purchased in great shape with no need to refurb but all boxed and complete.

In the last pic (scifi items) the Dinky Toys ones are from the 70/80s... all the other ones are new releases year 2000>.

I love them all! :grin:

Do you have anything from that Lizard tv show that was popular in the 80s? I forget what it was called... Z or X... :?

Well... you should give me more details on this... many lizard monsters were around !!!

Wow, those look so clean... did you buy them new? Or did you refurbish them, or simply find them in great shape?

The ones from the first pic were purchased new from 1998 onwards... the so called Bandai Soul of Chogokin line.....

The ones from the second pic are "vintage" ones from the 80s... purchased in great shape with no need to refurb but all boxed and complete.

In the last pic (scifi items) the Dinky Toys ones are from the 70/80s... all the other ones are new releases year 2000>.

I love them all! :grin:

Do you have anything from that Lizard tv show that was popular in the 80s? I forget what it was called... Z or X... :?

Well... you should give me more details on this... many lizard monsters were around !!!

Very cool indeed!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(1983_miniseries)

That one ^ :-D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Newcomers today!!

White Boxed Early model Atari 410 Tape Recorder in very nice conditions!

Boxed INHOME SOFTWARE B Key Atari 400 Keyboards (all-brown + brown/yellow types) with instructions etc. (very nice!).

Now there is just one item to fetch then I am done... (sort of!).

post-25989-0-06164500-1352824899_thumb.jpg

post-25989-0-85957700-1352824911_thumb.jpg

Edited by iratasan

I see a lot of incrediable hardware, what about all the software. Are you not collecting that? I only see a few Atari cartridge boxes.

You are right... i am more a hardware geek... I do not collect software...

But i'm happy to have in my collection the following titles....

- MISSILE COMMAND BIG BOX 400/800 SERIES

- STAR RAIDERS BIG BOX 400/800 SERIES

The above 2 i got with "THE ENTERTAINER" boxed kit for Atari 400/800.

I have PACMAN "large box" (400/800 series) cause i really loved PACMAN(s) in the Arcades... icon_thumbsup.gif

Last but not least... got SUPER BREAKOUT (400/800 series) so that i can use the paddles...

In the 80s i used to play a lot KARATEKA, GREAT AMERICAN CROSS COUNTRY ROAD RACE, ALLEY CAT, THE LAST STARFIGHTER, BALLBLAZER, M.U.L.E., BOULDERDASH on my 800XL and 130XE.

Now i do not have that much time to play games but i def have very good memories... icon_razz.gif

Edited by iratasan