IGNORED

Action 52...On the 2600!

Netsurfer_x1

Clear carts like Action 52 (NES)?

That's something I'd like to do. My goal with regard to that is have a limited run of 104 (hand numbered, and maybe even autographed by myself) cartridges per volume with full (gatefold) packaging, and clear cartridge cases. Once they're gone, they're gone.

• 1 year later...

Gotta watch the dates on these posts. The last response was from 2012.

Still, there is new information. Action 52 for the Atari 2600 is a worthy idea too.

CPUWIZ just posted information on an upcoming board that can do 256k. That means 64 4k banks which should be enough room for at least 52 4k games.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/219144-new-homebrew-board-coming-soon/

My last question was whether we need to start a community hunt for SARA donor carts or if he managed to buy someones stash of donors. Extra memory would make my games and something like Action 52 much more awesome!

When you consider that back in the day, individuals were given about a fortnight to create a finished game, Action 52 should be done in the same fashion, but with multiple people working on one game for only about a week before moving to the next one. It's a race of quantity over quality!

You're obviously talking about Agile development. For the laymen stretch = quantity and quality is something that runs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New information:

I just emailed the current IP owner of Action 52. Hopefully I can work out licensing or at least some guidelines to make him comfortable with my own homage. This process can take awhile but at least it's started!

Bad news. I got the official word:

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE CHEETAHMEN AND ACTION 52 , BUT BECAUSE WE HAVE MANY FUTURE PROJECTS THAT INVOLVE THE ACTION 52 AND CHEETAHMEN FRANCHISE, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO AUTHORIZE ANY OUTSIDE PROJECTS. LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS MAKE LICENSING TOO MESSY AT THIS TIME.

GREG

I appreciate how you asked the right owner. I do not like some dude gravedigging an ancient flopped video game that itself was so broken it could be called a scam that became a minor meme though. If you have no better idea than to cash in on something like Action 52 with iOS versions you better lie down and die.

Theloon, just call it Active 52, Another 52, Power 52, Asswipe 52 or something and you're good. The Cheetahmen become the Jaguarmen, the Ooze becomes the Jizz.

• Like 1