EricDeLee, on Thu Feb 3, 2011 2:43 PM, said:
It is the same basically. The new version of cc65 is not completed yet. Wookie is still working on the fast boot process and I have some minor or major bug in cart loading. But if you download the daily snapshots things will get better day by day.
If the "bleeding edge" is not important then I suggest my old cc65.u3p collection that is easy to use on Windows and pretty bug free afaik.
The biggest difference between bleeding edge and the U3 versions are:
- U3 does not have built-in IRQ support
- U3 does not have ComLynx drivers
- U3 does not have commands "open", "read", "lynx_load" and "lynx_exec"
In addition to this the "bleeding edge" version can probably soon be single-stepped and debugged in Code::Blocks IDE. You know setting breakpoints, examining variables and so on.
The "bleeding edge" also has three pre-created configurations:
- lynx.cfg (cart)
- lynx-bll.cfg (upload to ram)
- lynx-coll.cfg (cart including collision detection)
The cc65.u3p is now published as cc65.u3p U3 memory stick release
My server at home just does not work anymore (sipo.fi)