IGNORED

Master System HSC Season 2 Round 8: Secret Command

4Ks

Made it to Round 6 for the very first time, with a final score of 302,600 points. Unfortunately I was a second too late to take a picture of my final score (I stupidly forgot to hit pause), but I did snap one at the end of Round 5, when I had 301,900.

Thus, as you can see, Round 6 kicked my butt pretty quickly. :) Couldn't figure out what to do about those bouncing grenades...

post-6067-129765873246_thumb.jpg

Thanks to zylon, BTW, without whose generosity I wouldn't have this cart!

You're welcome. :thumbsup: I've just always had some sort of a "block" against playing this game. I figured better to pass it on. I did keep one of each variant for the collection. I might give it one more go :ponder: I've gotta fight the seemingly irresistable urge to turn it off after about 1 screen. :x

When I first played the game some months back in emulation I really struggled with the game's slowness and Rambo Ashura whoever's limitations, i.e. not being able to shoot backwards and so forth. But after a while I somehow got a feel for things, and I remember getting to Stage 5 the last time I played. Still, I wasn't expecting to go on such a tear!

The high score deadline is past but for the record, I finally beat the game, with a score of 1,306,490:

post-6067-129806171519_thumb.jpg

There's a credit crawl at the end that I don't believe can be paused, making my screenshot of the actual ending unreadably blurry. So I played through Level 1 again to get the high score shot.

Edited by thegoldenband