IGNORED

No more Root Beer Tapper?

keilbaca

Not much of a story. It doesn't provide any sort of an explanation besides the same assumption everyone else has had, that they were delisted due to Midway's bankruptcy and sale.

It doesn't explain why it took quite sometime afterwards for them to be delisted, why the PSN Midway games developed by the same developer around the same time are still for sale, etc.

* Cyberball 2072

* Defender

* Gauntlet

* Joust

* Paperboy

* Robotron 2084

* Root Beer Tapper

* Smash TV

* Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Gone

Luckily I snagged every one of them except for Cyberball 2072.

I wonder, lets say I knew someone who didn't have these games.

Could I take my profile to their console, log into Live, re-download the game to the system, then log off and let the other person log in.

The game itself at that point would be the trial version, but I would think at that point there would still be the button for the Buy Full Version.

Probably wouldn't work, but who knows until it's tried.

I think I can actually test this later, by trying it with my GF profile on a console I didn't originally purchase the games on.

I think I can actually test this later, by trying it with my GF profile on a console I didn't originally purchase the games on.

I think the game would be blocked from all users that never owned it. So they can't buy it even though a copy is dumped on their local drive. Kind of like shares on a server. That would be the smart thing to do to prevent people from buying games that are not offered anymore. But who knows? Let us know what happens if you try.

Yeah didn't work.

The Purchase Full Game was indeed there, and I clicked it and it said this download FREE!! (This is where I got a bit excited)

But when I clicked it, it paused a few seconds and then said something about not being able to retrieve information blah, blah, blah...

If you have a prepaid code it will likely still work because the codes were "purchased" at the time the cards were produced. That’s likely the only way to the downloads now.

I did this with Joust fairly recently. I had an old 5x5 code for it and was able to get the game.

Are you saying you had an old unused code? If so, and those still work, that is cool.

I do have some of those old codes Joust for sure, and maybe Robotron, but as far as I know they were already used so I can't test it now.

Might be worth trying to snag one off eBay.

Watch them be going for like $20 now!

Someone already confirmed earlier in this thread that the Robotron 2084 code still works. So I assume that goes for any other delisted arcade game that might've been sold via a unlock code at one time or another just like it does for Robotron and Joust.

And I had paid for a bunch of those games. I'll have to see if I can transfer them off the hard drive from my old 360.

If you still have a broadband connection and your log-in information, you can just redownload them from your download history.

I wonder, lets say I knew someone who didn't have these games.

Could I take my profile to their console, log into Live, re-download the game to the system, then log off and let the other person log in.

The game itself at that point would be the trial version, but I would think at that point there would still be the button for the Buy Full Version.

They legally can't be sold any longer. So while the buy full version option will still appear, the window that pops up when you click on it will show an error since purchases have been disabled, as you've discovered.

I tried the same thing quite sometime ago with Double Dragon, and also got excited when I saw it listed as free. :)

Edited by Atariboy

I tried the same thing quite sometime ago with Double Dragon, and also got excited when I saw it listed as free. :)

LOL I know for a second I was like OH WOW if you do have access to downloaded it, but haven't purchased it in the past they'll let you do it for FREE!!! No such luck though. Oh well.

And I had paid for a bunch of those games. I'll have to see if I can transfer them off the hard drive from my old 360.

If you still have a broadband connection and your log-in information, you can just redownload them from your download history.

I'd love to do that... but I can't find any kind of download history for games. Not through the computer or 360.

I have a history for movies/videos, but not for games.

I tried going through games I've played and when I try to go to the page for any Williams game I get a message about the page being moved or removed.

<edit>

And I did check under My Xbox, Game Library. Doesn't show games purchased on my old 360 even though I moved the licenses over.

Edited by JamesD

And I did check under My Xbox, Game Library. Doesn't show games purchased on my old 360 even though I moved the licenses over.

Just curious, did you hit the Guide button to pull up your blades, then go all the way to the right and choose Account Management, then choose Download History?

If you do that, at the top it should say Zune Purchase History and if you click on and open that, it will be all the videos you've downloaded. I'm just wondering if you double clicked and went right into the videos maybe?

Anyways, directly below that should be all the other content.

If that doesn't pull it up, I'm stumped.

For anyone that missed out, this guy on eBay is selling Joust codes for $5 a pop. It says he has more than 10 available: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3305305743751?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330530574375&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

*edit:

This guy has 10+ of UNO and Robotron cards bundled together: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1605413933021?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160541393302&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I always wanted uno and that's dirt cheap for it. I wonder if the code will work even if its deactivated?

I REALLY want Robotron. I guess I'll be the gunnea pig and try it out, being I want UNO.

Just curious, did you hit the Guide button to pull up your blades, then go all the way to the right and choose Account Management, then choose Download History?

If you do that, at the top it should say Zune Purchase History and if you click on and open that, it will be all the videos you've downloaded. I'm just wondering if you double clicked and went right into the videos maybe?

Nope, I was actually looking somewhere else.

Anyways, directly below that should be all the other content.

If that doesn't pull it up, I'm stumped.

That did it... I was able to grab Defender, Joust, and a couple others I purchased.

However, some things in the list display "Content No Longer Available" and I have to wonder if it's something I purchased or was just a demo I downloaded.

If you have a prepaid code it will likely still work because the codes were "purchased" at the time the cards were produced. That's likely the only way to the downloads now.

I did this with Joust fairly recently. I had an old 5x5 code for it and was able to get the game.

Fantastic news, I can't wait to play Robotron, in a true dual stick setup!

I always wanted uno and that's dirt cheap for it. I wonder if the code will work even if its deactivated?

I REALLY want Robotron. I guess I'll be the gunnea pig and try it out, being I want UNO.

I thought UNO was featured as a discount item a in the last few months so I would think it's still available.

Robotron is one of the games I had purchased and just re-downloaded. Always loved that game!

Good luck!

I thought UNO was featured as a discount item a in the last few months so I would think it's still available.

Robotron is one of the games I had purchased and just re-downloaded. Always loved that game!

Good luck!

Discount price I think is still 400 points, which the card is still less than what's on XBLA, with a free Robotron. :)

That did it... I was able to grab Defender, Joust, and a couple others I purchased.

However, some things in the list display "Content No Longer Available" and I have to wonder if it's something I purchased or was just a demo I downloaded.

I'm thinking it's things like promotional items. Free gamer pics or themes for movies etc....

I'm basing this on the fact I have over 130 arcade games on my profile and never run across an actual game yet I haven't been able to download to a new 360. (I've had to re download my purchases about a dozen times for various reasons!!)

If you can name a game you think is missing now, I might can check it for you.

Aren't there also two versions of UNO? The one released back in '06 or '07, then a newer one released in the last year or two? I wouldn't be surprised if the original was pulled.

Given the late night peep shows it was being used for it wouldn't surprise me if they changed something on the video feeds.

I'm thinking it's things like promotional items. Free gamer pics or themes for movies etc....

I'm basing this on the fact I have over 130 arcade games on my profile and never run across an actual game yet I haven't been able to download to a new 360. (I've had to re download my purchases about a dozen times for various reasons!!)

If you can name a game you think is missing now, I might can check it for you.

LOL, I forgot I had purchased some of the stuff I found let alone stuff that might not be available.

Once I can move my hard drive over I'll justs check it for stuff.

Now, can I copy all my old game saves over...

Now, can I copy all my old game saves over...

Maybe snagging a USB stick would probably be the easiest way.

Make sure it's compatible. You can find lots of sites where people have tried and verified or discounted various ones:

http://allaboutyellowchilli.blogspot.com/2010/04/xbox-360-usb-stick-flash-drive.html

I've done this in the past to get all my old saves on one console. You can usually move your game saves although I have come across rare instances where you can't!

Like for instance I could never transfer my Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2 saves (Luckily I didn't give a crap!)

Seems to me there were others also, maybe not, been awhile since I've done that.

Uno was never delisted, although there was a sequel released. Uno Rush is a different take on Uno and you can't play the normal game, so it's more of a standalone expansion pack than a replacement for the original.

There are also some card packs (I remember a PGR one) for the original Uno that changed up the rules, but I never bought any of them.

The original is well worth $5. I wasted a lot of time in it before getting sick of it. If they'd release some sort of expansion where I could earn new achievements while playing with the original rules, I'd probably get sucked back in again.

I've got Joust and Robotron. Defender is what I'm missing, and now I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to get it. Stupid Sumner Redstone and his daughter running Midway into the ground...

By the way, they're working on a Tapper sequel/remake for the iPhone, with artwork supplied by Don Bluth and his team of animators. Pretty neat!