Photo

What happened to the JagCF cart?

19 replies to this topic

#1 gamegenie OFFLINE  

gamegenie

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 AM

I'm a bit disappointed that I missed the close-timed Skunkboard 3 pre-ording, but wasn't there another flash game cart being developed for the Jaguar. The JagCF? what happened to this device? The most recent news I could find on it from Googling stops at May 2010. Did the developers just give up on the creation of it?

I really wanted on these carts.

:(

#2 orpheuswaking OFFLINE  

orpheuswaking

River Patroller

• 4,714 posts
  • Lone Raider Time!

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:19 AM

The Skunkboard was never designed to be a flashcart, it's a developer tool primarily... And the preorder phase for the III was fairly long...

The JagCF has been talked about for years, I'm not holding my breath for it to come out anytime soon (as opposed to the Skunkboard, which was not announced until the version I units were actually ready for sale.)

#3 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 5,082 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:51 AM

True enough - I think if you search the forum you'll find that the Skunk3 was available for pre-order for at least two or three months late in 2010. Maybe write them an email and see if they have any extras still available?

#4 remowilliams OFFLINE  

remowilliams

Quadrunner

• 9,063 posts

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:34 PM

The Skunkboard was never designed to be a flashcart, it's a developer tool primarily...

Well what it was designed for and what 98.9% of people who own one actually use it for, are two very different things. ;)

#5 orpheuswaking OFFLINE  

orpheuswaking

River Patroller

• 4,714 posts
  • Lone Raider Time!

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:03 PM

The Skunkboard was never designed to be a flashcart, it's a developer tool primarily...

Well what it was designed for and what 98.9% of people who own one actually use it for, are two very different things. Posted Image

No argument from me there :D

#6 Jag_Slave OFFLINE  

Jag_Slave

Dragonstomper

• 502 posts

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:07 PM

Vaporware

#7 n5x OFFLINE  

n5x

Star Raider

• 87 posts

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:45 PM

it would be great if someone made a flash cart for it

#8 The_Laird OFFLINE  

The_Laird

Bratticus Maximus

• 3,569 posts

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:32 PM

There are flashcarts for the Jaguar, I know somebody who was selling several at the last Jagfest UK.

#9 orpheuswaking OFFLINE  

orpheuswaking

River Patroller

• 4,714 posts
  • Lone Raider Time!

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:36 PM

There were four just up on Ebay

#10 doctorclu OFFLINE  

doctorclu

******Blue Max****** *****Class 4*****

• 5,374 posts
  • (Bubsy Bobcat fan)

Posted Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:14 AM

There were four just up on Ebay

The Flash Cards are a good rom loader. A bit fun to get used to, but a good bit of hardware.

The Skunkboard, love it. I'm able to try out most rom or BJL images to test software that is passed my direction. Helps me stay in touch with what is new for the Jag these days. What I like about the Skunkboard over the Flash Card is the BJL ability and the fact it is USB over parallel.

As for the Compact Flash, well, maybe some year we will be surprised. Who knows.

If it arrives great, and if it doesn't, it was an interesting concept.

Edited by doctorclu, Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:14 AM.

#11 Stephen Moss OFFLINE  

Stephen Moss

Dragonstomper

• 675 posts

Posted Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:37 AM

I'm a bit disappointed that I missed the close-timed Skunkboard 3 pre-ording, but wasn't there another flash game cart being developed for the Jaguar. The JagCF? what happened to this device? The most recent news I could find on it from Googling stops at May 2010. Did the developers just give up on the creation of it?

I really wanted on these carts.

:(

The Jagware website or Zerosquare is probably the best source of information on the CF.

As for the SkunkBoard production hit a bit of a snag see http://www.atariage....y/page__st__125 for details but as they are offering those who pre-ordered the chance to cancel it is possible they will have some left over. Either keep an eye open for an announcement on the sale of any over run or contact goatdan.

#12 goatdan OFFLINE  

goatdan

Stargunner

• 1,645 posts

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:26 PM

As for the SkunkBoard production hit a bit of a snag see http://www.atariage....y/page__st__125 for details but as they are offering those who pre-ordered the chance to cancel it is possible they will have some left over. Either keep an eye open for an announcement on the sale of any over run or contact goatdan.

Just to follow this up slightly, I'll explain how the pre-order worked...

We opened up the pre-order and were willing to make whatever the market demanded. Until the absolute last minute, it looked like we were making 50, but a huge spike on the last day sold another 30 of them, pushing the run to 100 instead. However, in running any sort of small-batch product like this, there is a significant risk that we could end up with a large percentage of boards that have functional issues. Therefore, although we kept pre-orders open to fill up to our 'safety zone', we still have more than a dozen boards that if we have a similar yield as what was experienced in the last batch, we will have for sale sometime shortly after we ship the SkunkBoards to people who pre-ordered in the pre-order period.

If you want to know when these boards go on sale, the absolute best way to get the information is to sign up for our GOAT Store email lists. As soon as we confirm that we have extra boards in stock, we will be more than happy to put them on our site for sale, and we will use those email lists to share that information immediately.

So far, since the delay information we have had zero people contact us to cancel their orders - although we have had a lot of support, and thanks for that! I don't foresee at this point anyone canceling their orders who have pre-ordered, however we fully expect to have at least a dozen SkunkBoards eventually for sale on the GOAT Store site.

#13 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 2,138 posts

Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 12:33 AM

The Skunkboard was never designed to be a flashcart, it's a developer tool primarily... And the preorder phase for the III was fairly long...

The JagCF has been talked about for years, I'm not holding my breath for it to come out anytime soon (as opposed to the Skunkboard, which was not announced until the version I units were actually ready for sale.)

The rumor is JagWare has moved on to the Lynx, so all Jag projects are probably cancelled.

#14 Sauron OFFLINE  

Sauron

River Patroller

• 4,656 posts
  • In the land of Mordor.

Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 1:30 AM

The rumor is JagWare has moved on to the Lynx, so all Jag projects are probably cancelled.

I'm pretty sure there's no truth to this "rumor" whatsoever.

#15 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Dragonstomper

• 657 posts

Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 1:32 AM

Out of interest, is Jim Stirling your source?

#16 remowilliams OFFLINE  

remowilliams

Quadrunner

• 9,063 posts

Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 1:53 AM

Did you hear that from a Spectrum BASIC coder and 'prototype historian' ?

:lol:

#17 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 2,138 posts

Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 3:41 AM

:P

#18 The_Laird OFFLINE  

The_Laird

Bratticus Maximus

• 3,569 posts

Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 6:38 AM

Did you come here just to troll as usual? :?

#19 Zerosquare OFFLINE  

Zerosquare

Stargunner

• 1,575 posts

Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 10:08 AM

Considering the kind of controversies you were involved in several times, accusing people of trolling is pretty out-of-place.

Anyways, there's zero truth in this rumor. The reality is that several of us are busy with real-life things at the moment, and the fact we're not communicating doesn't mean there's no work being done.

Oh, and you shouldn't believe every rumor you hear about us, especially if it's coming from people that have an axe to grind.

#20 The_Laird OFFLINE  

The_Laird

Bratticus Maximus

• 3,569 posts

Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 10:20 AM

Considering the kind of controversies you were involved in several times, accusing people of trolling is pretty out-of-place.

Anyways, there's zero truth in this rumor. The reality is that several of us are busy with real-life things at the moment, and the fact we're not communicating doesn't mean there's no work being done.

Oh, and you shouldn't believe every rumor you hear about us, especially if it's coming from people that have an axe to grind.

I certainly didn't start any such rumour, have never spoken to Jag Chris or mentioned anything as such in this thread so be careful who you are accusing of what.

Personally speaking I have every single Jagware release on my shelf in a nice DVD box, have supported all your projects and reviewed them for various websites and plan to cover many of them for Atari User Magazine in the future. I also wish you good luck with all future projects :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users