IGNORED

Question about Intellivision vs. Sears Super Video Arcade games

milligangames

Hey guys, sorry that my first post here is of a price check nature, I know that can be annoying.

I recently bought a nice stash of around 50 CIB Intellivision games, and about half of them are red box "Sears Super Video Arcade" versions. What I am wondering, is if the Super Video Arcade versions are any rarer or more valuable than the regular Intellivision versions of the games? When I do an eBay search for most of them, a ton of the standard versions come up in the results but few, if any, of the Sears Super Video Arcade versions.

Also, does anyone have any idea what a reasonable asking price would be for these?

DSC03453.jpg

I may not be the proper person to answer this, someone may correct me. But it is my understanding that most of the Sears games aren't worth much more than the regular releases except for a small few like Snafu, Backgammon, and maybe one other one, maybe Checkers.

It may all depend on the condition of the boxes.

I may not be the proper person to answer this, someone may correct me. But it is my understanding that most of the Sears games aren't worth much more than the regular releases except for a small few like Snafu, Backgammon, and maybe one other one, maybe Checkers.

Thanks Intvdude - I didn't think they were anything special, I just found it weird that its really tough to find a lot of these Sears versions up for sale when the market is flooded with the standard releases. I appreciate the input!

Thanks Intvdude - I didn't think they were anything special, I just found it weird that its really tough to find a lot of these Sears versions up for sale when the market is flooded with the standard releases. I appreciate the input!

Well, normally those sears games are sold in lots with other mattel games, as what i can see on ebay in the past.

Could you post a pic of all the games?

if you have all 29 sears titles in a lot it would sell for a decent price im sure.

i think snafu or checkers may be the rarest of the sears titles.

btw, may i ask you found our little intellivision forum? :)

Edited by revolutionika

Just to let any interested parties know, I've had quite a few messages/offers on the controllers. In order to be fair to everyone, I am going to list them up in an open auction on eBay tomorrow. I will link the auction here as soon as its up and running. Thanks so far for the tips on the Sears games. I thought I'd point out this set of loose carts I have up right now - noteworthy games are Triple Challenge and Pac-Man. If anyone is interested in them I'd be willing to chop at least $15 off the price for a deal outside of eBay:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005690675791?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200569067579&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

To answer Rev's question: I sell video games full time and I am a very active member of a couple other collector forums (most notably NintendoAge) and a long-time lurker here on AtariAge. I just don't come across interesting pre-1985 stuff very often so I didn't make an account to post until today. I knew there was an Intellivision sub-forum here if I ever had any questions, and its great to know that there are knowledgeable collectors out there for this underrated platform.

To answer Rev's question: I sell video games full time and I am a very active member of a couple other collector forums (most notably NintendoAge) and a long-time lurker here on AtariAge. I just don't come across interesting pre-1985 stuff very often so I didn't make an account to post until today. I knew there was an Intellivision sub-forum here if I ever had any questions, and its great to know that there are knowledgeable collectors out there for this underrated platform.

I am a member at nintendoage too,and rf generation. what other forums is there?

I am a member at nintendoage too,and rf generation. what other forums is there?

Not really any of note :) Speaking of other forums, is there a good base of C64/128 collectors here? I have boxes and boxes of Commodore stuff and I am pretty clueless about all of it, especially the hardware.

yeah, im clueless about the commodore stuff too. :dunce:

Wow, you have on 300 items and the highest priced one is 69.99. What crazy universe are you from!!!

Certain people we know here would have some of the items you have for Buyitnow 450.99 and 9.99 shipping. :D

Are you putting the controllers buy it now or a regular auction?

Just to let any interested parties know, I've had quite a few messages/offers on the controllers. In order to be fair to everyone, I am going to list them up in an open auction on eBay tomorrow. I will link the auction here as soon as its up and running. Thanks so far for the tips on the Sears games. I thought I'd point out this set of loose carts I have up right now - noteworthy games are Triple Challenge and Pac-Man. If anyone is interested in them I'd be willing to chop at least $15 off the price for a deal outside of eBay:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005690675791?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200569067579&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That auction looks very familiar. I believe i have run across it a few times and wondered why someone didn't snag that great deal up. That Triple Challenge looks tempting. If only i didn't already spend my money on some other games "you will be seeing shortly" ;):cool: