IGNORED

Question about Intellivision vs. Sears Super Video Arcade games

milligangames

Got the INTV II working! I am having another problem though. Is there some trick to removing the original controllers so I can test the new ones? I thought these controllers were compatible with INTV II? It seems like the controllers are hard-wired into the system, and if not, they are jammed into the ports ridiculously tight. Can you tell that I'm an Intelly noob?

Got the INTV II working! I am having another problem though. Is there some trick to removing the original controllers so I can test the new ones? I thought these controllers were compatible with INTV II? It seems like the controllers are hard-wired into the system, and if not, they are jammed into the ports ridiculously tight. Can you tell that I'm an Intelly noob?

Model 2 controllers should come right out. Just have to wiggle them. They can be hard to get hold of.

Thanks Dude. I'll have to try again. I didn't want to break anything by forcing them out. The auction for the CIB controllers will go up tomorrow. I'll probably throw the system up as well.

They can be really hard to get out. Rgw is right, you need to wiggle them a bit sometimes and they can be hard to get a good grip on. As an aside, are we certain they're compatible?

I'm going to go check mine, I'd hate to see you damage these. :(

Thanks dude I appreciate that. here is the link:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005784449791?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200578444979&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

And here is the system w/voice module if anyone needs one:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005784504651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200578450465&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I put up the lot of Sears Super Video arcade games as well, and I'm about to list another lot of commons up as well. Thanks for checking out my auctions and all the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I'll post here first in the future if I find any other interesting INTV items!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005784449791?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200578444979&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2005784504651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200578450465&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I put up the lot of Sears Super Video arcade games as well, and I'm about to list another lot of commons up as well. Thanks for checking out my auctions and all the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I'll post here first in the future if I find any other interesting INTV items!

i hope your auctions do well. and please do come back if you have any good finds!

i hope your auctions do well. and please do come back if you have any good finds!

I second this, and I'm pretty sure your INTV auctions will do just fine. icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, my average sale is somewhere around $10. I usually ship around 25 items per day though so I keep pretty busy. The controllers will go for a 7 day open auction starting at a penny.

cool! i look forward to losing this auction to cmart. icon_ponder.gificon_rolling.gif

icon_innocent.gificon_rolling.gif

Just opened these up this morning, very cool! icon_lust.gif

Yep, my average sale is somewhere around $10. I usually ship around 25 items per day though so I keep pretty busy. The controllers will go for a 7 day open auction starting at a penny.

cool! i look forward to losing this auction to cmart. icon_ponder.gificon_rolling.gif

cool! now stop gloating and post pics of your collection already! :D

cool! now stop gloating and post pics of your collection already! icon_mrgreen.gif

Very close to pics coming, I think there are just a few more things to come in (I've said that before) icon_mrgreen.gif

cool! now stop gloating and post pics of your collection already! :D

Very close to pics coming, I think there are just a few more things to come in (I've said that before) :D

The pics never came because you never stop purchasing! :D We may have to start a campaign with the slogan "We want pics from Cmart's Collection!" :lolblue:

cool! now stop gloating and post pics of your collection already! icon_mrgreen.gif

Very close to pics coming, I think there are just a few more things to come in (I've said that before) icon_mrgreen.gif

The pics never came because you never stop purchasing! icon_mrgreen.gif We may have to start a campaign with the slogan "We want pics from Cmart's Collection!" icon_laughingblue.gif

There is a lot of truth to that statement. icon_rolling.gif There are a couple of really cool things coming that must be included.

I may not be the proper person to answer this, someone may correct me. But it is my understanding that most of the Sears games aren't worth much more than the regular releases except for a small few like Snafu, Backgammon, and maybe one other one, maybe Checkers.

It may all depend on the condition of the boxes.

I don't know why Sears Checkers is so hard to find. None of the rarity guides lists it very highly and you see games a lot rarer CIB all the time on ebay. Is it rarer than Diner or Tower of Doom? Congo Bongo or Dig Dug? I don't think so but you see those games for sale all the time. Stadium Mud Buggies has even shown up for sale more times than I've seen Sears Checkers. I've seen several guides that pretty much agree on Mattel Checkers being a 3 and the Sears version a 4. You should see it for sale a lot more often unless someone is hoarding them to drive the price up.

I may not be the proper person to answer this, someone may correct me. But it is my understanding that most of the Sears games aren't worth much more than the regular releases except for a small few like Snafu, Backgammon, and maybe one other one, maybe Checkers.

It may all depend on the condition of the boxes.

I don't know why Sears Checkers is so hard to find. None of the rarity guides lists it very highly and you see games a lot rarer CIB all the time on ebay. Is it rarer than Diner or Tower of Doom? Congo Bongo or Dig Dug? I don't think so but you see those games for sale all the time. Stadium Mud Buggies has even shown up for sale more times than I've seen Sears Checkers. I've seen several guides that pretty much agree on Mattel Checkers being a 3 and the Sears version a 4. You should see it for sale a lot more often unless someone is hoarding them to drive the price up.

I suspect it may be rarer than a couple of those but given that it's a box variation of a game that isn't really that collectible /desirable I think that may account for it not fetching as high a value and therefore people aren't in a rush to list it for sale. Furthermore I think many owners of Sears Checkers may not know how rare it is.