IGNORED

Intellivision`s - Arcade ports

JacobZu7zu7

It is really a shame that the console did not live as long as it could, or that its reach and recognition wasn't as far spread as the Atari VCS. To this day, when I tell my friends and colleagues that I'm making old 80s video games, I have to qualify it with "like for Atari and stuff," because chances are that none of them had ever heard of the Intellivision

More importantly, we understand what you're talking about. And we're really happy about it. icon_mrgreen.gif

While not officially an arcade port, Thin Ice is based on an obscure Data East arcade game named Disco No. 1. The theme was changed, but the gameplay is very similar. Only played a bit of Disco No. 1, but I love Thin Ice.

Aside from other stuff mentioned, I heard those homebrews based on Moon Patrol and Arkanoid (Stonix, not really a port, but still impressive) are very well done.

While not officially an arcade port, Thin Ice is based on an obscure Data East arcade game named Disco No. 1. The theme was changed, but the gameplay is very similar. Only played a bit of Disco No. 1, but I love Thin Ice.

Aside from other stuff mentioned, I heard those homebrews based on Moon Patrol and Arkanoid (Stonix, not really a port, but still impressive) are very well done.

Both are fantastic, Space Patrol is flat out one of the best INTV games period IMO. icon_thumbsup.gif

Both are fantastic, Space Patrol is flat out one of the best INTV games period IMO. icon_thumbsup.gif

That is true, but it's not really fair to include it in this list. It has the advantage of 30 years of research, modern development tools, and no marketing department to mess with it and rush it.

That said, Space Patrol is indeed one of the best Intellivision games ever.

-dZ.

That is true, but it's not really fair to include it in this list. It has the advantage of 30 years of research, modern development tools, and no marketing department to mess with it and rush it.

-dZ.

Is it even better than the Atari 400/800 Moon Patrol??

-dZ.

Is it even better than the Atari 400/800 Moon Patrol??

I can't tell, since I haven't played that one. However, I will say one thing: Space Patrol it is more than a port; it is a new game on itself, it has lots of different and original features, and plenty of levels.

-dZ.