IGNORED

Have any of these Apple II games?

Streck

I have a bug up my rear about getting all the different cracked versions of games archived online. Back in the day, there were many different groups doing cracks of the same games, with their own unique members and BBSes.

Recently, I looked through Jason Scott's collection of Apple II crack screens, and compared them to what was on Asimov (the biggest and best Apple II archive), and found that Asimov seemed to be short some. I contacted Mr. Scott, who very generously sent me a DVD of all the disk images he had, but it appears that some of them must have been lost since he originally placed the screenshots online.

So, I turn to AA. :) The comp.sys.apple2 group isn't really the best place for this sort of inquiry; the wonderful folks there are more programmers and hardware hackers than gamers. I'm looking to know whether you might have any of these exact copies of games sitting around in your collection, and whether you might be amenable to ripping images from them (I'll gladly do it!).

3.gif

4.gif

(this one actually isn't from textfiles.com, but a different site, and yeah, not a game)

5.png

10.png

6.gif

7.png

8.png

11.png

(unknown title)

12.gif

(unknown title)

14.gif

Edited by Streck

I have .dsk files of some of these that aren't plastered.

Print Shop I've never even seen a plastered version. O_o

My Spy Hunter has a "PGP" intro that should be easy to strip away.

I think my One On One was cracked from a non-disk format.

Oh, no, you misunderstand - I'm looking specifically for these cracked versions. :)

For example, the Spy Hunter you mention with the PPG (Pacific Pirates Guild) crack is all over Asimov and other sites, but the only place I've seen the West Coast Connection crack is in this screenshot.

Edited by Streck

I have .dsk files of some of these that aren't plastered.

Print Shop I've never even seen a plastered version. O_o

My Spy Hunter has a "PGP" intro that should be easy to strip away.

I think my One On One was cracked from a non-disk format.

Oh, no, you misunderstand - I'm looking specifically for these cracked versions. :)

For example, the Spy Hunter you mention with the PPG (Pacific Pirates Guild) crack is all over Asimov and other sites, but the only place I've seen the West Coast Connection crack is in this screenshot.

Ah. See, I'm the opposite - I'm looking for unplastered versions. And on some occasions I've actually gone through and DEPLASTERED games.