IGNORED

Drakhan's Night

abaudrand

1) your video requires flash, though if I go to Daily Motion's site I can watch other videos w/out having flash installed. I, and many others, opt not to have Flash installed because Adobe's not done a very good job of porting it to the Mac (my Safari crashes have significantly decreased since uninstalled Flash).

2) I did watch the video using Chrome (which has built in flash) - the title would look better in the video if you turn on phosphor mode in Stella (toggle it with COMMAND-P on the Mac, ALT-P on Linux and Windows), it'll clear up that flickering. You might want to turn off phosphor mode for the other parts of the video.

Looks like a good start, I liked the rain and lightning effects.

• 4 months later...

you need to fix the blanklines on the playfield it looks like. i'm not sure if that is a playfield or not though~

I can't fix the blanklines with the kernel I'm using. Sure I'll be glad to port the game on the DPC++ when it will be ready. For the moment the game weights about 23Ko which prevent me to port it to DPC bankswitching method. The idea is to finish it with this "not old yet" kernel method and release it as a free download version. The DPC++ kernel, if I ever make it, will be a nice cartridge version.

The DPC+ supports 32k so porting it shouldn't be much of an issue :)

Not quite 32K.

DPC+ provides six traditional 4K banks (24K) plus another 4K bank that's not directly accessible by the Atari (it's used for storing graphics, waveforms, etc that can only be accessed via the DPC+ registers). The remaining 4K of the 32K ROM are used to hold the ARM routines and lookup tables that make it all work.

From the blog entry, "Currently, all kernel setup is done with ordinary 6507 assembly language. This will change as this evolves.", some of the 24K will be taken over for adding bB advanced features, possibly things like more sprites using routines like what I've come up with for Frantic:

post-3056-0-01009700-1309870362_thumb.png

The DPC+ supports 32k so porting it shouldn't be much of an issue :)

Not quite 32K.

DPC+ provides six traditional 4K banks (24K) plus another 4K bank that's not directly accessible by the Atari (it's used for storing graphics, waveforms, etc that can only be accessed via the DPC+ registers). The remaining 4K of the 32K ROM are used to hold the ARM routines and lookup tables that make it all work.

From the blog entry, "Currently, all kernel setup is done with ordinary 6507 assembly language. This will change as this evolves.", some of the 24K will be taken over for adding bB advanced features, possibly things like more sprites using routines like what I've come up with for Frantic:

post-3056-0-01009700-1309870362_thumb.png

thanks for the techs specs, SpiceWare. Batari told me once and that's the main reason I'm staying with 32K_SC kernel for the moment. As u can see on my demo, the graphics are poors and doesn't weigh much. The game mechanism is the biggest space consuming and there are many thing to be added (sounds, etc... ). I don't know if it will be makeable with a DPC++ once ready. Honestly, I've came here to have fun in programing, not to make the best video game in the world.

• 4 weeks later...

Still working on this one? It looks really cool.

Hi, thanks for your interest in our little project. I got an older project that kept me away all July but it will not affect the schedules (we plan a release just before the end of the world). My bro is adding some bips and sounds in the program. I'm still struggling with the final boss. the code is 23Ko and the main quest is not quite ready. For the moment the titlescreen with its music are temporary as they could be remove for saving space (takes about 3Ko). If everything turns well, I hope to release a new video with latest features by the end of August.

• 7 months later...

Ton travaille est tres bien! J'aime l'effet d'éclair. Les deux sont meuilleux que mon francais.

Jon Travolta passed three beans! Jamie flicked da éclair. Lets do it sans mucus 'kay? Man, Francis!

Fixed it! By the power of babblefish I translated it for those who don't speak Esperanto! :)

:rolling:

• 3 months later...