#26 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:29 AM

Here's a topic about fixed point math:
http://www.atariage....xed-point-math/

It may be retarded but you could probably simulate numbers like 1.3 by using two variables.

thanks for the link. I didn't knew you can include the player0X/Y in the writing to spare a variable. However my issue is probably simple for good programmer. all the parts I use this methode work fine safe the part on the mountain with lightnings (cf. video on the blog). If the player go left and slide a bit, he can stop by pushing joystick right. but if you slide right and push left to stop sliding, the increment still going as the value can' t be set at zero. I got this for over a year and left for the moment as I think the issue come from another part of the program.
I ll post it later as I prefer increase my knowledge by doing other part that eventually help me to understand the problem. :)

#27 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Sat May 11, 2013 12:41 PM

Been away from this project cos of that . Time to dive in again !

#28 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Sat Nov 9, 2013 8:07 AM

Teaser #1

a bit outdated video but which could give you an insight of the game. sorry for the horrible accent. The project is for the moment on stand-by as I had to switch to W7. The compilation of bataribasic weirdly crashed on some instructions that were okay on the XP built I had. I got a long list of bugs to solve just to have the same version which is displayed on this video.

#29 YANDMAN OFFLINE  

YANDMAN

Moonsweeper

• 489 posts

Posted Sat Nov 9, 2013 9:00 AM

a trial of packaging: still work to do on it but its a good start icon_smile.gif

This game looks really cool i would definitely buy a cartridge, I love the general artwork but not so keen on the traditional label style and font, i think it would look better being a full label using the title font from the packaging, Great work though, How close to finishing are you??

#30 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Sat Nov 9, 2013 3:08 PM

This game looks really cool i would definitely buy a cartridge, I love the general artwork but not so keen on the traditional label style and font, i think it would look better being a full label using the title font from the packaging, Great work though, How close to finishing are you??

thanks for the feedback. the artwork will be rewrapped to be more close to games of that era. I agree that the label and cart lables should not match atari game. Anyway the game is at a crossage for the moment: Debugging the current version and finish it on a 32ko scheme or completly rewrite it and go for a 64ko version. Me and my bro are focused on the moment on a short sci fi movie and are quite busy on it.

#31 YANDMAN OFFLINE  

YANDMAN

Moonsweeper

• 489 posts

Posted Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:41 AM

Cool a sci fi movie huh and making cool Atari games good work

#32 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:08 PM

back at work

#33 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Dragonstomper

• 646 posts
  • videogamestores.net/

Posted Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:50 PM

back at work

did this title ever get released???

#34 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:21 AM

never released as the gameplay is not balanced. goin to release a demo soon and maybe ask for help as my skills are too limited

#35 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:59 AM

We want to try to build a cartridge and need help. The game is 64Ko with a SARA chip.

What kind of Eprom to buy? what USB PLD to buy? Where to find PCB designed for the 2 chips?

#36 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:17 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for a blueprint for making a PCB. The game will use a 64ko+SARA chip scheme. if anyone have schematics, it will be very helpful.

Unfortunately, there are no reference on this website: http://www.grandidea...io/pixels-past/

#37 Gemintronic OFFLINE  

Gemintronic

Jason S. - Lead Developer & CEO

• 8,780 posts

Posted Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:09 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for a blueprint for making a PCB. The game will use a 64ko+SARA chip scheme. if anyone have schematics, it will be very helpful.

Unfortunately, there are no reference on this website: http://www.grandidea...io/pixels-past/

Are you sure you don't want to be lazy and just let AtariAge supply the boards?  I think the Melody boards can already handle 64k + SARA.  At least I thought so :)

#38 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:36 AM

well, yes that will probably end like that... just feeling i'm in a desert with that topic...

#39 Gemintronic OFFLINE  

Gemintronic

Jason S. - Lead Developer & CEO

• 8,780 posts

Posted Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:28 AM

well, yes that will probably end like that... just feeling i'm in a desert with that topic...

There is a user on the NintendoAge forums called Jazzmarazz.  He might have enough cart making background to give you some hints.

http://jazz-disassem...s.blogspot.com/

#40 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:52 AM

http://www.drakhansnight.com/?p=146

#41 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Tue Jan 3, 2017 2:25 PM

Facebook page.

Attached Thumbnails

• 15781396_10211968913076152_3814184830690462572_n.jpg

#42 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Wed Jan 4, 2017 1:08 PM

15781396_10211968913076152_3814184830690462572_n.jpg

#43 abaudrand OFFLINE  

abaudrand

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted Thu Jan 5, 2017 1:24 AM

A detail from the magnificient artwork painted by my friend YDL. Happy new year to everyone.

Yannick.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users