IGNORED

7800 Serial Number List

Crazymoon67

A1 7B 5112466

(no expansion port)

this was my sisters console which I received in 1992 when she graduated from college… I believe it was purchased in late 1986 or possibly in early 1987? she is the original owner…

Hmmm...that would throw my theory into the trash then. I was thinking that the "A1" units had some meaning to the first two characters. I thought the first number might be the year and the second is the month.

This would mean,

6C = December 1986

78 = August 1987

However, yours is a "7B" and that would put it November 1987. Are you sure it wasn't late 1987 or early 1988?

Hmmm. Mine doesn't have anything between the A1 and number so it must be from Nevervember then. :P

Could be!

However, I have seen some 7800 pass through my hands that had no blue numbers/letters on the console but the box had them.

I didn't get the box or any paperwork on it. Had one broken cart port pin and bad power switch. Still worth the $5 though. :D

A1 7B 5112466

(no expansion port)

this was my sisters console which I received in 1992 when she graduated from college… I believe it was purchased in late 1986 or possibly in early 1987? she is the original owner…

Hmmm...that would throw my theory into the trash then. I was thinking that the "A1" units had some meaning to the first two characters. I thought the first number might be the year and the second is the month.

This would mean,

6C = December 1986

78 = August 1987

However, yours is a "7B" and that would put it November 1987. Are you sure it wasn't late 1987 or early 1988?

I just spoke with my sister a little bit ago and just brought it up on when she got the console - she doesn't recall the year, but she said she got it just after her birthday, which is October 5th, with money she had got from our grandmother - she then mentioned that at Christmas she got the games Food Fight and Xevious as gifts… so it is likely late 87 when she got the console

I just spoke with my sister a little bit ago and just brought it up on when she got the console - she doesn't recall the year, but she said she got it just after her birthday, which is October 5th, with money she had got from our grandmother - she then mentioned that at Christmas she got the games Food Fight and Xevious as gifts… so it is likely late 87 when she got the console

My theory may hold then. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...