IGNORED

Atari Mega St For Sale

I just about put all my old Atari Mega ST, seems like it is a 2Meg system, stuff in the trash till I came upon this forum. The system and all the components I have are in pristine condition as well as the color monitor and the monochrome monitor and other stuff. A couple of years ago I hooked it all up and it all worked but since then I have lost my education on this system. I also have hundreds of disks of games and applications as well. If there is any interest in this equipment please let me know before it is lost forever. I am not sure what to ask for the bundle but like I said, it has been kept in perfect condition. I am located in the Houston, TX area. Thanks.

New to the forums? Big item for sale, how about some pictures? References?

Like I mentioned, this is a computer and acessories I have had in boxes and I just found your forum thinking someone might want this stuff. I just about put all of it out for trash pickup but after finding this forum I decided to see if there is any interest. I will post picss or a link to where they can be found in a few days. As far as references, what are you looking for? I have been using Atari back when I first bought an 800, then an XL, everything other computer they built and all the way to the Mega ST. I used to live and breathe Atari many years back. In fact, I fought hard not to go to a PC but eventually it happened. Stay tuned.

References, as in have you sold anything online before? Not your "atari" experience, a lot of fly by night sellers show up here attempting to sell items only to take the money and run, references such as testimonials from people who have bought from you perhaps in another forum or even say your Ebay references or feedback? This is not about blind trust but you will find here and elsewhere online people like some assurance before blindly sending payment.

Headed to houston on friday. ill give you 30 for it. Let me know. cheaper than shipping

It will all go into the trash before I take that offer. After I post the pictures of what I have this weekend, I will consider a reasonable offer for everything, package deal.

So you would rather throw everything away and clog up a landfill with toxic waste rather than take cash for it and give it a good home???

I'm glad you are getting rid of it, we don't need people like that in the Atari world!

• Like 2

So you would rather throw everything away and clog up a landfill with toxic waste rather than take cash for it and give it a good home???

I'm glad you are getting rid of it, we don't need people like that in the Atari world!

Incredible. If I was looking to make money, I'd never have declared I was going to put it in the trash. Is it not an insinuation of good will to declare you've saved a machine from the trash? I mean, on its face, it appears one would be looking to do right to the hardware by saving it, and to the interested community by placing what was valued as garbage into the hands of someone who appreciates it. If the object is not simply to save the hardware, nor make a gesture of good will (donation or near-donation), then what is the purpose of declaring it as almost-trash? It's not a very good sales pitch, and it's something of a dichotomy.

I would also suggest coming back at the one who made an offer with a counter offer, rather than bring up the trash again.

Edited by wood_jl

Best clean it up if you've slung in in the bin (and get rid of any smells as well)

As for oldschoolretrogamer.....how many st's do you want, i thought you already had a couple

Yeah read my posts again carefully, THAT WAS NOT MY POINT. :roll: I would like to see pictures and some type of refs, your welcome to buy blindly from every new yahoo that drops by out of the blue, if your good without them then good for you.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

It will all go into the trash before I take that offer.

Nice.

BTW: I had a super tough time getting rid of my MegaST 2 here or otherwise. Ended up parting it out on ePay. Piece by piece literally and I was "patient". Good luck buddy!

Nice.

BTW: I had a super tough time getting rid of my MegaST 2 here or otherwise. Ended up parting it out on ePay. Piece by piece literally and I was "patient". Good luck buddy!

Yeah, he's a real charmer!

I must not have been around when you were getting rid of your Mega ST2; sounds like it wasn't very valuable (i.e. cheap) so I would have been interested, under that circumstance. I could have traded you parts from the Amiga 1200 that I had to part out on Ebay. :)

Nice.

I am on the opposite side of the spectrum. Most items I try to buy are boxed more minty systems. I paid $300 for one up in Washington and since I was taking a vacation up there within 30 miles or so, I picked it up. Was Mega 2 ST, keyboard, mouse, manual, original box, SC1224 with original box. No yellowing. Was my first ST when I purchased one in 1990 so was willing to pay out my ass for a mint one. I am stupid that way. grin.

Turn around I had a spare Mega 2 ST by itself with no keyboard or mouse, just the running box ( I made a view to prove it worked when I sold it on eBay) and sold it for $50 + shipping I think.

tj

• 2 weeks later...

I had a mega4 that took a year to sell, I posted it on craigs list so many times LOL! It did sell for $75 with monitor and megafile 30 to a local guy . I posted on usenet a few times and ben smith wanted me to ship it first before he paid... Iam in southern oregon he is all the way northern 290 miles.. Point is I did not want to ship it. The local guy was a commy user so atleast he will have it to check out atari. I did upgrade keyboard with megaclick, made it real nice.

Point is There's not alot of atari people local anymore.

ramble, ramble ? lol

• 3 weeks later...

I had a mega4 that took a year to sell, I posted it on craigs list so many times LOL! It did sell for $75 with monitor and megafile 30 to a local guy . I posted on usenet a few times and ben smith wanted me to ship it first before he paid... Iam in southern oregon he is all the way northern 290 miles.. Point is I did not want to ship it. The local guy was a commy user so atleast he will have it to check out atari. I did upgrade keyboard with megaclick, made it real nice.

Point is There's not alot of atari people local anymore.

ramble, ramble ? lol

Point is, I have been away from Atari so long that I am struggling to remember all the nuances of this computer. I have items that go with it that I will have to find the manuals to be able to check them out. The last time, 2 or three years ago, I fired it up it ran great. Also, I am sure that you Atari people have lots of software but I have tons and if someone wants to step up with interest they will get most everything that was published for the MegaST. I have no interest in shipping any of this but will sell to someone local in the Houston, TX area. By the way, the guy from Dallas that offered $25 didn't hurt my feelings, I just wanted him to know that $25 is an insult and for that I would trash it. For years I thought Atari was the computer to have and started with the 800 and bought every new one they offered.

I just about put all my old Atari Mega ST, seems like it is a 2Meg system, stuff in the trash till I came upon this forum. The system and all the components I have are in pristine condition as well as the color monitor and the monochrome monitor and other stuff. A couple of years ago I hooked it all up and it all worked but since then I have lost my education on this system. I also have hundreds of disks of games and applications as well. If there is any interest in this equipment please let me know before it is lost forever. I am not sure what to ask for the bundle but like I said, it has been kept in perfect condition. I am located in the Houston, TX area. Thanks.

*SOLD* JUST WANT TO SAY ADIOS YOU ATARI DEADBEATS. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A PARANOID FORUM IN MY LIFE. YOU ALL NEED TO GET A LIFE! ESPECIALLY YOU STARGUNNER.

*SOLD* JUST WANT TO SAY ADIOS YOU ATARI DEADBEATS. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A PARANOID FORUM IN MY LIFE. YOU ALL NEED TO GET A LIFE! ESPECIALLY YOU STARGUNNER.

Let me be the first to say GOODBYE!

Edited by Pilsner73

Let me be the first to say GOODBYE!

I wonder if PMs will still go through, now that he's in "group:BANNED?" :ponder:

<just kdding, not worth the time>

Meh, no loss there... And apparently he can't fogure out how to tell usernames in here, no one called stargunner in THIS topic ;-)

• Like 1