Photo

CT meet Friday 3/11

10 replies to this topic

#1 AtariRx OFFLINE  

AtariRx

Moonsweeper

• 327 posts

Posted Sat Mar 5, 2011 3:06 PM

A few of us have decided to get together this coming Friday, March 11th, at 6:30pm at my house in Middletown, CT. If anyone else wants to join in send me a PM and I'll provide more details. Those who are coming please post so I can be sure to order enough pizza for everyone!

Lots of systems to be set up and available to play, plus a couple arcade machines. Dress warm, my basement has no heat. Posted Image

Edited by AtariRx, Sat Mar 5, 2011 3:06 PM.

#2 kisrael OFFLINE  

kisrael

HMBL 2600 coder

• 3,970 posts

Posted Sun Mar 6, 2011 10:37 AM

A few of us have decided to get together this coming Friday, March 11th, at 6:30pm at my house in Middletown, CT. If anyone else wants to join in send me a PM and I'll provide more details. Those who are coming please post so I can be sure to order enough pizza for everyone!

Lots of systems to be set up and available to play, plus a couple arcade machines. Dress warm, my basement has no heat. Posted Image

Dang! It's PAX weekend!

#3 AtariRx OFFLINE  

AtariRx

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 327 posts

Posted Sun Mar 6, 2011 2:04 PM

Dang! It's PAX weekend!

Eh, I didn't even think about that since I'm not attending. Maybe next time we'll try to coordinate a bit in advance. Nice PAX is in Boston this year for all the northeast people who never get to go.

#4 christianscott27 OFFLINE  

christianscott27

Quadrunner

• 5,147 posts

Posted Sun Mar 6, 2011 10:51 PM

Glad to see some folks carrying on the tradition! Have fun!!

#5 AtariRx OFFLINE  

AtariRx

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 327 posts

Posted Wed Mar 9, 2011 8:55 PM

Anyone else coming? The current tally is three definites, one probably, and two maybes.

Christian: I'll make no false claims that this will rival one of your meets but at least we'll have some fun.

#6 AtariRx OFFLINE  

AtariRx

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 327 posts

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:11 PM

We are up to 5 definites. Anyone else?

#7 Zeptari1 OFFLINE  

Zeptari1

Stargunner

• 1,161 posts

Posted Mon Apr 4, 2011 9:31 PM

We are up to 5 definites. Anyone else?

Hi all,
I'm just pooking around... wondering how the meeting went...
Did you guys sell/trade games and systems too?
I miss the old atari meetings i went to in west springfield,ma
many years ago,those we're the days...

(looks at mapquest) yuck!! middletown is on the southside of hartford.
i hate that damn traffic....

ohh,i should intro myself, i'm Rick from agawam ma... i'm into atari consoles and computers,
sega genesis/32x/cd and xbox 360...

gotta go....

-rick

#8 Allan OFFLINE  

Allan

Quadrunner

• 5,435 posts

Posted Tue Apr 5, 2011 7:01 AM

We had a great time. Well, at least I did. :)

Not really much trading went on. We played a lot of Warlords.

I want to have a get-together soon so you're welcome to come when I do. Unfortunetly I live in Wallingford, CT so you'll still have to deal with the traffic. Although it's not bad at all after dark. It's just bad at work-to-home and home-to-work travel times.

Allan

#9 AtariRx OFFLINE  

AtariRx

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 327 posts

Posted Thu Jun 9, 2011 8:56 PM

Wow, its been almost three months since our last meet... Either we are all real busy or "soon" doesn't mean what I think it means.

#10 Allan OFFLINE  

Allan

Quadrunner

• 5,435 posts

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:10 AM

Wow, its been almost three months since our last meet... Either we are all real busy or "soon" doesn't mean what I think it means.

Soon as in 'Geologicly' speaking. :)

I'll talk to the wife and see what Friday nights are free for us so that we can plan something.

Allan

#11 DickNixonArisen OFFLINE  

DickNixonArisen

River Patroller

• 2,079 posts

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:36 PM

Ahoy. I play some warlords from time to time. You know, in the medieval era, it was common for kings to die when arrows became stuck on a rebound loop between the backs of knights and castle walls.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users