Photo

donkey kong 2 jumpman returns

9 replies to this topic

#1 reambriz OFFLINE  

reambriz

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Sun Mar 6, 2011 7:18 PM

can anyone tell me how to play donkey kong 2 jumpman reurns on MAME...i downloaded the roms (hacks) but cannot get it to work...im using the MAME VERSION .112 the one on my jtagged XBOX360...thanx

#2 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 21,083 posts

Posted Sun Mar 6, 2011 8:09 PM

Wasn't it added to version .140? Yours would be too old to notice Dkongx.

#3 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Quadrunner

• 8,939 posts
  • \m/

Posted Sun Mar 6, 2011 8:19 PM

I thought it was a Misfit MAME ROM only? I got in trouble posting the ROM here previously.

#4 raindog OFFLINE  

raindog

Stargunner

• 1,699 posts

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:25 PM

Didn't see this thread till now for some reason, but I can confirm that dkongx11 works in MAME 0.142. Loaded it up on my laptop when going on vacation to New Hampshire last fall in preparation for playing Donkey Kong II at Funspot ;)

(Didn't really help my playing, though :ponder: )

Don't ask me where to find dkongx11; I'm sure I have no idea where one would find dkongx11.

#5 bigbee99 OFFLINE  

bigbee99

Stargunner

• 1,082 posts
  • Runnin Gunnin

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:50 PM

My Jumpman Returns ROM is d2k but you need the parent ROM dkong to run it. I had to pick up Misfit just to try it.

B

#6 TheShanMan OFFLINE  

TheShanMan

Star Raider

• 56 posts

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:15 AM

D2K is made by a hobbyist and it is still being sold (hence only being able to get it in misfitmame). I would implore you guys to buy it before using it in misfitmame. He deserves to make money on such a tremendous work that obviously took a tremendous amount of time. It's not that much money. Support people who contribute to the classic gaming hobbies. :)

I have it running in my DK cabinet and love the game, as hard as it is. I've been playing it a lot lately and finally topped 50k.

#7 bigbee99 OFFLINE  

bigbee99

Stargunner

• 1,082 posts
  • Runnin Gunnin

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:25 PM

Do you know his site? I searched vigorously a few months back. I wouldn't mind checking it out.

B

#8 raindog OFFLINE  

raindog

Stargunner

• 1,699 posts

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 PM

I don't have MisfitMAME installed. dkongx11 works fine in my slightly out-of-date plain old MAME and is the same sadistic game I played at FunSpot/ACAM. Maybe the debian/ubuntu packagers enabled the misfit games at build time, I don't know, but since MisfitMAME is packaged separately I assume that's not the case.

#9 Bountybob OFFLINE  

Bountybob

Moonsweeper

• 281 posts

Posted Wed Sep 7, 2011 7:01 PM

I don't have MisfitMAME installed. dkongx11 works fine in my slightly out-of-date plain old MAME and is the same sadistic game I played at FunSpot/ACAM. Maybe the debian/ubuntu packagers enabled the misfit games at build time, I don't know, but since MisfitMAME is packaged separately I assume that's not the case.

You don't need MisfitMAME to play Donkey Kong 2 it's supported by the latest version of MAME.

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/
Search for Dkongx

#10 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• 2,717 posts

Posted Thu Sep 8, 2011 9:31 AM

It was added to at least MAME v.140...I skipped over several versions before that. There is also Donkey Kong Foundry which only contains one extra screen that was added around v.135.

You don't need MisfitMAME to play Donkey Kong 2 it's supported by the latest version of MAME.

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/
Search for Dkongx

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users