IGNORED

donkey kong 2 jumpman returns

reambriz

• 5 months later...

Didn't see this thread till now for some reason, but I can confirm that dkongx11 works in MAME 0.142. Loaded it up on my laptop when going on vacation to New Hampshire last fall in preparation for playing Donkey Kong II at Funspot ;)

(Didn't really help my playing, though :ponder: )

Don't ask me where to find dkongx11; I'm sure I have no idea where one would find dkongx11.

D2K is made by a hobbyist and it is still being sold (hence only being able to get it in misfitmame). I would implore you guys to buy it before using it in misfitmame. He deserves to make money on such a tremendous work that obviously took a tremendous amount of time. It's not that much money. Support people who contribute to the classic gaming hobbies. :)

I have it running in my DK cabinet and love the game, as hard as it is. I've been playing it a lot lately and finally topped 50k.

I don't have MisfitMAME installed. dkongx11 works fine in my slightly out-of-date plain old MAME and is the same sadistic game I played at FunSpot/ACAM. Maybe the debian/ubuntu packagers enabled the misfit games at build time, I don't know, but since MisfitMAME is packaged separately I assume that's not the case.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have MisfitMAME installed. dkongx11 works fine in my slightly out-of-date plain old MAME and is the same sadistic game I played at FunSpot/ACAM. Maybe the debian/ubuntu packagers enabled the misfit games at build time, I don't know, but since MisfitMAME is packaged separately I assume that's not the case.

You don't need MisfitMAME to play Donkey Kong 2 it's supported by the latest version of MAME.

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/

Search for Dkongx

It was added to at least MAME v.140...I skipped over several versions before that. There is also Donkey Kong Foundry which only contains one extra screen that was added around v.135.

You don't need MisfitMAME to play Donkey Kong 2 it's supported by the latest version of MAME.

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/

Search for Dkongx