IGNORED

Ultimate1MB preorder starts

candle

Chear or Pro?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Should the PCB be PRO?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Sorry for bringing this whole blackbox related issue up. I have chosen to use U1MB without blackbox on my other Atari Setup.

For reasons described above I'm not going to take a risk with my BlackBox. I'm the only one that suffers from this issue, so everyone could let it rest by now.

Without the BlackBox U1MB works like a charm, and it's a fabulous upgrade. I'm wondering how many BlackBox owners also did order this U1MB upgrade. I think that amount of people is not that high.

Anyway: concentrate on other things candle. It is not important (anymore).

Good luck and thanks a lot for all your support!

Marius

Hi Candle,

I've managed to loose those resistors you sent. Those darn things just got up and walked off. Probably with a little bit of help my feline helper. :D

I've got a couple days off and I was going to install the board. Need to know what their value was. I should be able to subsitute from my parts bin.

Thanks,

Have you checked in the litter box? (Yuck!) :-D

-Larry

Hi Candle,

I've managed to loose those resistors you sent. Those darn things just got up and walked off. Probably with a little bit of help my feline helper. :D

I've got a couple days off and I was going to install the board. Need to know what their value was. I should be able to subsitute from my parts bin.

Thanks,

Have you checked in the liter box? (Yuck!) :-D

-Larry

Hi Candle,

Thanks,

I would really NOT like to dig through it. :grin:

Pretty much done, although I didn't do the wiring for D6/D7 VBXE select.

Couple of notes:

- my PBI clip fouls against the wiring soldered near the PBI connector. People with thru vias rather than pads mightn't have the same problem. So, I'm just grinding off some of the clip now with a 240V cheap Dremel clone.

- for those with VBXE you'll need to find another source for CASINH if yours gets it from the MMU. I just grabbed it from a pad near the PBI.

- once again VBXE owners, make sure you have a non-RAMBO core enabled (I forgot to do this, so off to fix that now)

Forgot to mention - the annoying Phi 2 glitches have gone, they were due to the 32in1 OS which I'll now probably put in my 600XL or maybe a 130XE.

Also, the Diagnostic OS... it gives weird results. Regardless of RAM scheme it reports the same.

Ran just then, it's getting 55,000 something. Pretty sure it was 65,536 with IDE Plus 2 removed.

One question... is there a utility for setting the RTC ? I probably won't use it, or the SpartaDos due to IDE Plus 2 having both, but it'd be nice to set it though.

Just checked the reference page... the interface to RTC is via an SPI link ?

OK... got the clock set, just disable IDE+2 and enable U1Meg.

Date display on config screen shows the wrong day... "Sat 11-12-2011"

Edited by Rybags

thats because sdx rtc driver setting it incorrectly ;)

was mentioned before

diagnostics got never done, so it will show only base ram

it won't ever show 65536 bytes, - you have 2k wasted on hw register space

it will show 56k with basic or any other cartridge enabled (including internal sdx)

Sorry, I can no longer resist asking: What were you expecting me to beta-test?

Why hesitate? I was (presumably incorrectly) under the impression that there were Ultimate 1MB boards out in the field, being beta tested with hardware configurations unavailable to the original designer. I was expressing surprise that you weren't one of these imagined beta-testers. :)

Hello Jon

I haven't done anything on the Atari in years, except for those two weekends a year they call NOMAM and Fujiama. So I'm not doing any testing at the moment (except patience :-) ).

The U1MB doesn't have separate ANTIC and CPU access in 1MB mode, one for the reason I developed my own upgrade, plus the U1MB has SD(X) on board. That's two reasons why the U1MB isn't "my thing".

Mathy

I haven't done anything on the Atari in years, except for those two weekends a year they call NOMAM and Fujiama. So I'm not doing any testing at the moment (except patience :-) ).

The U1MB doesn't have separate ANTIC and CPU access in 1MB mode, one for the reason I developed my own upgrade, plus the U1MB has SD(X) on board. That's two reasons why the U1MB isn't "my thing".

Ah - no problem Mathy. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

This is where i connected the wires for my U1MB...

post-24811-0-94894000-1323617480_thumb.jpg

and dont mount the U1MB where i did, the hole in the pic next to the AV jack is where the right mount post is supposed to go. The other mount is supposed to go in a hole drilled between the power switch and power jack...

(the unlabeled wire is A4, and isnt for the U1MB...)

edit: NOTE- THE GREY (not BROWN) WIRE AND THE PINK WIRE ARE LABELED BACKWARDS IN THE ABOVE PICTURE!!!

edit: THE GREY WIRE IS R/W, PINK WIRE IS RST...

and the wires in the connector on the U1mb are green, grey, pink, and blue, top to bottom...

sloopy.

Edited by sloopy

and dont mount the U1MB where i did, the hole in the pic next to the AV jack is where the right mount post is supposed to go. The other mount is supposed to go in a hole drilled between the power switch and power jack...

sloopy.

Are there any traces to cut on the 130xe as there are in the 800xl.?

sloopy.

Are there any traces to cut on the 130xe as there are in the 800xl.?

YES! from what i understand they need to be done now matter the machine the U1MB is installed into, or the U1MB will be broken...

sloopy.