Photo

How to save in Stella

1 reply to this topic

#1 Davidjess OFFLINE  

Davidjess

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Tue Mar 8, 2011 10:49 AM

Please help me save my ROM in Stella. I tried simple file names with no extension, I tried the .bin extension, I tried a complete path with extension, I tried starting with ./ and ~/. I looked in all the paths in the Stella settings. I tried searching my entire computer for the file that I thought I saved. I read the entire Stella documentation. I am using a Macbook Air. These files are not appearing anywhere. This is such a newbie question, it seems like it would be easy to find the answer. Please, please help me, as without saving I cannot do much more.

#2 stephena OFFLINE  

stephena

River Patroller

• 2,539 posts
  • Stella maintainer

Posted Wed Mar 9, 2011 7:58 AM

Please help me save my ROM in Stella. I tried simple file names with no extension, I tried the .bin extension, I tried a complete path with extension, I tried starting with ./ and ~/. I looked in all the paths in the Stella settings. I tried searching my entire computer for the file that I thought I saved. I read the entire Stella documentation. I am using a Macbook Air. These files are not appearing anywhere. This is such a newbie question, it seems like it would be easy to find the answer. Please, please help me, as without saving I cannot do much more.

To be honest, this functionality hasn't been very well tested in Stella (particularly in OSX), since I get very little feedback on it. For OSX, it seems to save the files in the same directory as the Stella.app application. Normally that would be in /Applications. This is a very bad thing to do, and should be fixed immediately.

For the next release, I'm going to expand on the 'save ROM in debugger' functionality, and have it show a file browser, so you can (a) select where you want to save the file, and (b) see exactly where it's going.

Unfortunately, for now you're going to have to do a workaround. Place the Stella application on your desktop. Then when you save files, they will appear on your desktop too.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users