Photo

Old computer magazines

29 replies to this topic

#26 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 11,667 posts

Posted Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:45 AM

This is turning into a really fun thread.  You never know exactly what is coming next, but it's always cool stuff. 

I appreciate you guys taking the time to scan and in many cases clean up the scans too.  A lot of high quality goodies here, as well as stuff I've never seen before.  -- THANKS!  :thumbsup:

I've added this to my BEST threads blog entry.

#27 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,259 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:42 AM

from the german front :)

Attached File  vcs004.jpg   842.43KB   0 downloads

#28 mizapf ONLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 3,069 posts

Posted Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:00 PM

This is an interesting advertisement ... here is the translation (I try to mimic the somewhat odd wording from those days):

Programmed for versatility

"Video computer" is what Texas Instruments calls its console with keyboard, slot for software modules and connectors for external devices (periphery). But let us first have a look at the "inner life" of the console:

One crucial aspect of using your video computer system should be the question of freely available memory capacity - the working memory. The space which one can work with is an outstanding 16 K Byte RAM on the TI99/4A that can be expanded up to 48 K Byte.

By using the SolidStateSoftware modules, memory is not "loaded", neither by transfering, nor by cumbersome reading: The CPU directly accesses the program modules!

Do not go for less than this capacity. Not for today - and certainly not for tomorrow.

Beyond that, the console contains a BASIC interpreter for your own programs, as well as connectors for peripheral devices which allows you to tailor your video computer system TI99/4A as desired (and according to your requirements):

That way, a basic version can be set up from a TI99/4A, a color or B/W TV set (=monitor), and a cassette recorder. For the advanced version you need - besides the TI99/4A and the monitor - the Thermal Printer 32 [chars per line], a diskette control device, and the diskette drives 1 and/or 2. An office version may look like this: TI99/4A combined with a monitor, a normal-format printer, a V.24 [=RS232] interface, a diskette control device, and the diskette drive 1 (cf. page 6).

But, as said, you are the one to decide what video computer system TI99/4A shall run for you ...

#29 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,259 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:33 PM

Danke sehr ;)

#30 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,259 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:47 PM

so here this is the full version (6 pages in zip)

Video Computer System - TI-99_4A__GERMAN_AD.zip

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users