Photo

Why can't the Atari 2600 display better graphics?

253 replies to this topic

#251 RevEng ONLINE  

RevEng

River Patroller

• 4,673 posts
  • Bitnik

Posted Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:22 PM

Everything you will ever need for the VCS/2600 homebrews can be found on my List : https://1drv.ms/x/s!...VbQayev1Wc1QprN

Wow, that is very comprehensive. Good job! :thumbsup:

#252 Zonie OFFLINE  

Zonie

Stargunner

• 1,670 posts

Posted Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:06 PM

This thread really underscores the need to collaborate on a controller design to remove the controller constraints on the homebrewers.

A decent joystick. 2 or three action buttons (no more), a trac ball and a paddle and/or spinner could be incorporated into a two plug cable for the VCS all the while being uncluttered and affordable.  I'd love to manufacture them. 

If I build it, will they come?

#253 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Dragonstomper

• 762 posts
  • videogamestores.net/

Posted Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:03 PM

This thread really underscores the need to collaborate on a controller design to remove the controller constraints on the homebrewers.

A decent joystick. 2 or three action buttons (no more), a trac ball and a paddle and/or spinner could be incorporated into a two plug cable for the VCS all the while being uncluttered and affordable.  I'd love to manufacture them. 

If I build it, will they come?

Sounds cool! Now if it looks cool and is under $100, I'm pretty sure it will be a hit.

#254 Zonie OFFLINE  

Zonie

Stargunner

• 1,670 posts

Posted Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:07 AM

As a parts kit with assembly instructions, it could probably be around $100. A cheaper version could require the user to provide their own housing, cables, and fasteners, for example.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users