IGNORED

Caves of Kroz 0.9.11 beta demo release

• 2 weeks later...

I would be willing to test in both emulation, and on CC3.

My 9 yr old son would be down to test too, he loves the Inty...give you two different perspectives on difficulty.

Ok, I'll put up a new crippled version of the game for testing purposes in the next few weeks. There are a few things I have to do before it's suitable for the CC3. I think basically we should be looking at playability and difficulty. I'd love a nine-year-old's perspective. Of course I will take all reports of bugs too. :)

My 9 yr old son would be down to test too, he loves the Inty...give you two different perspectives on difficulty.

Ok, I'll put up a new crippled version of the game for testing purposes in the next few weeks. There are a few things I have to do before it's suitable for the CC3. I think basically we should be looking at playability and difficulty. I'd love a nine-year-old's perspective. Of course I will take all reports of bugs too. :)

I have the Intellicart, i should be able to put it on there, right?

I have the Intellicart, i should be able to put it on there, right?

I do believe so. I've only ever heard of minor issues with my code being used with the intellicart in the past. Stuff easily fixed. And if I can't fix it, I know just the man who can. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've a version of Caves with nine levels complete. Certain things have been disabled to allow the player to access all the rooms without needing to collect keys. This will make it easier to move around.

I suppose the best way to distribute this file (it's a .rom file by the way) is to email it directly to those interested in testing the game.

Send requests to johnwadoherty@yahoo.ca.

I will reply with the zipped file attached. I request that those who do receive the game not distribute it as it's only a crippled version for testing purposes and may not represent the finished product.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I've a version of Caves with nine levels complete. Certain things have been disabled to allow the player to access all the rooms without needing to collect keys. This will make it easier to move around.

I suppose the best way to distribute this file (it's a .rom file by the way) is to email it directly to those interested in testing the game.

Send requests to johnwadoherty@yahoo.ca.

I will reply with the zipped file attached. I request that those who do receive the game not distribute it as it's only a crippled version for testing purposes and may not represent the finished product.

Thanks!

Any updates yet?

• 5 years later...

I've also attached the file here.

I would like to add a game to the intellivision 2011 home brew list: Caves of Kroz. I released the demo yesterday on the yahoo intvprog group and also on the download section of my web site home.cogeco.ca/~jadoherty.

Although it's not the full game release, the demo does have four playable levels. And the full version is expected to be released some time in the summer.

Let me know what you think.

Regards.

Downloaded the demo again after all these years. Will check out the early demo version. Thanks

• 6 years later...
On 4/2/2023 at 8:30 AM, Acepower said:

What is the appropriate cfg file to place with the bin? I know I can simply use the rom file but I want to know how do I configure or find the cfg one?

Try the following:

[mapping]
$0000 - $00FF = $4800
$0100 - $07FF = $5000
$0800 - $67FF = $A000
[memattr]
$8000 - $9EFF = RAM 16

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Acepower said:

Yes, that's it! Thank you! Any chance to learn a way how to write by myself, those cfg files? I mean is there an easy tutorial, somewhere?

Jzintv comes with a utility program rom2bin.  I ran the rom file through it and that's the cfg it generated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

Mark I never had any luck on a mac, on a pc you can just drag a file onto it and it converts it

I'm glad it's not just me. I have an ancient IBM ThinkPad laying around. Maybe I'll try the drag-and-drop on that machine. Thanks, Steve.

2 hours ago, mthompson said:

Is there a clear steo-by-step tutorial, or can someone write one, explaining how to use rom2bin and bin2rom? It drives me nuts that I can't do this for myself, but the MacOS command line just isn't my best friend.

I don't have a Mac but it could be that you have to give the rom2bin command executable properties.  Otherwise, (put the command and rom files in the same directory and) type rom2bin kroz0911b.rom .

Edited by mr_me
  • Thanks 1