IGNORED

"New B" bring's TI 99/4A back up to power after 19 years!

APB 99/4A

Catalog disk functioning. Found two more disks. External floppy two check. Powers up, grabbing a sizzers. This should be a DS DD drive I'm cutting a hole on other side and by center ring. Forgot how many tracks per side?

Edited by APB 99/4A

Looks like external drive may have died, make a of nose when seeking head. Got out of DM2 and put extB cart with Advanced Diagnostics in Dsk 1 trying to test out why I can't format to disk 2. Rpm speed 290.5 to 300.2, That seems a good normal. Testing with same floppy the other drive preformated. Already tride the other to disks in DM2. Testing further.....No luck. This is a Texas Instrument 5 1/4 drive model No. PHP1850C. It seems the read/write arm is having trouble seeking and making a vibration noise that seems loud. By the above number is there a reference to see what style or format that drive is, only because I used that drive to back up my personal library not the SS/SD floppy in the expBox.

Edited by APB 99/4A

Ok after using Advanced Diagnostics testing the drive, it state that there is no data on disk during test. This is not true for I put a format on with a file name. Besides the other drive goes threw the test fine. Cataloging old disk that had my TI Write doc's just fine in disk one but disk 2 has the disk as not initialized. Any ideas what part of the drive faled?