Photo

The "Holy Grail" of Intellivision game collecting

45 replies to this topic

#1 chad5200 OFFLINE  

chad5200

Star Raider

• 67 posts

Posted Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:33 PM

I recently listed my "STADIUM MUD BUGGIES" for the Intellivision on eBay. It is complete with cartridge, instructions, and box. Some refer to this game as the "Holy Grail" of Intellivision games.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 120699637564

#2 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 7,615 posts

Posted Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:03 PM

Good luck with your auction! The box looks pretty nice, that's the key to selling this game, I think you might catch a bid at that price. :thumbsup:
You wouldn't happen to have Spiker complete in box by chance would you? :cool:

#3 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,451 posts

Posted Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:05 PM

I'm not sure if Stadium Mud Buggies classifies as Holy Grail or not.

The real Holy grail to me would be:

-White Tutorvision intv console
-Computer keyboard
-Spiker Super Pro Volleyball
-Videoplexer

Did i miss anything?

#4 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 7,615 posts

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:05 AM

-Computer keyboard
-Videoplexer

Did i miss anything?

Playcable
Bandai :)

#5 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,451 posts

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:04 AM

-Computer keyboard
-Videoplexer

Did i miss anything?

Playcable
Bandai :)

Yep, those too!

Also the two ultra rare "homebrew" Activision games: League of Light and Robot Rubble

#6 Crazy Climber OFFLINE  

Crazy Climber

Crazy Climberer

• 10,992 posts
  • Metamuciler

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:22 AM

You should have started it at 99 cents ;)

#7 1980gamer OFFLINE  

1980gamer

Dragonstomper

• 500 posts

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:49 PM

That is a bit steep, I did sell 2 folded mint boxes and instruction for $83 & $78 about 7 years ago.
However, this is one of the games I picked up right at Toys R Us back in the day. Had to mail order most others.

How about Super Cobra and Body Slam for the Holy Grail list? I would think the Philly Classic version of 4-Tris must be the rarest game for intellivision.

Spiker is one I never saw in the wild. I mail ordered it from the "official" Mattel repair center. HSC or HCS something like that?
However, it did not work when it arrived...When I called to complain, they said they didn't have anymore :(

So, it is the last game I need. Well, I guess I have it, but it doesn't work.

At this point I would like to trade for spiker. I have Stonix Mint. A test cart in sealed bag with instructions. Maybe a few other goodies around as well.

#8 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 7,615 posts

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:48 PM

That is a bit steep, I did sell 2 folded mint boxes and instruction for $83 & $78 about 7 years ago.
However, this is one of the games I picked up right at Toys R Us back in the day. Had to mail order most others.

How about Super Cobra and Body Slam for the Holy Grail list? I would think the Philly Classic version of 4-Tris must be the rarest game for intellivision.

Spiker is one I never saw in the wild. I mail ordered it from the "official" Mattel repair center. HSC or HCS something like that?
However, it did not work when it arrived...When I called to complain, they said they didn't have anymore :(

At this point I would like to trade for spiker. I have Stonix Mint. A test cart in sealed bag with instructions. Maybe a few other goodies around as well.

Philly Classic 4tris for sure is a Holy Grail. Tut is rarer than Super Cobra but they're both top ten.

Neat story about Spiker. :)

#9 the-topdog OFFLINE  

the-topdog

Stargunner

• 1,724 posts

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:25 PM

I have an Atari 2600 E.T. cartridge that I scribbled "Intellivision" on... one of a kind! Holiest Grail of all :D

#10 jaybird3rd ONLINE  

jaybird3rd

Quadrunner

• 6,984 posts

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:27 PM

I have an Atari 2600 E.T. cartridge that I scribbled "Intellivision" on... one of a kind! Holiest Grail of all :D

Only if you originally dug it out of a landfill in Alamogordo. :D

#11 the-topdog OFFLINE  

the-topdog

Stargunner

• 1,724 posts

Posted Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:30 PM

Only if you originally dug it out of a landfill in Alamogordo. :D

I scribbled "From Alamogordo" on the top of the label :D

#12 Crazy Climber OFFLINE  

Crazy Climber

Crazy Climberer

• 10,992 posts
  • Metamuciler

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:29 AM

Philly Classic 4tris for sure is a Holy Grail. Tut is rarer than Super Cobra but they're both top ten.

Neat story about Spiker. :)

Wouldn't homebrew releases and high production releases be two differnt leagues though? I mean 4-tris had like what, 100 copies made while Super Cobra probably had 10,000+ made. Both rare in there own ways but 2 totally seperate fields if you ask me :)

#13 1980gamer OFFLINE  

1980gamer

Dragonstomper

• 500 posts

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 AM

"Wouldn't homebrew releases and high production releases be two different leagues though? I mean 4-tris had like what, 100 copies made while Super Cobra probably had 10,000+ made. Both rare in there own ways but 2 totally seperate fields if you ask me :) "

Yeah, I agree...

But of the home brew games, I would think the Philly Classic 4-tris has the fewest produced.
I would think a few hundred 4-tris carts are out now. At least 3 releases of the cart are out. I have the Left Turn Only edition myself.

Good call on Tut. That one did take me a long time to come across.

I am now looking for these 3 incredibly rare game: COMBAT for the 2600, Poker & Blackjack for the Intellivision and Donkey Kong for the Colecovision. ;) LOL

#14 Crazy Climber OFFLINE  

Crazy Climber

Crazy Climberer

• 10,992 posts
  • Metamuciler

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:34 AM

and Donkey Kong for the Colecovision. ;) LOL

Hey, don't laugh at that one :) You want a Complete in box DK for the Colecovision you are looking at $100+ ;)

#15 1980gamer OFFLINE  

1980gamer

Dragonstomper

• 500 posts

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:37 PM

Hey, don't laugh at that one :) You want a Complete in box DK for the Colecovision you are looking at $100+ ;)

I guess that is true. I think my first coleco had the cart in just a slot in the styrofoam and the instructions were on top in a small indented area.

Anyone else buy early INTV games that came in a cardboard box and the cart and instructions in a bag.

I think the first 2 or 3 games I got from them came that way. Super Pro Football for certain. I was bummed out when I saw the box in the next catalog.
Thankfully, I got it at Toys R Us around 89-90 for $1.99 in the box with Slap Shot and a few others. At the time, I had a friend that was hooked on
B-17 Bomber. So the Intellivision was hooked up again. But the C=64 was the gaming system in the house then.... To bad, they had Super Pro systems and
a ton of games cheap! But I spent my money on Bop 'n Rumble instead. :( Now I don't even have a C=64.... Kinda miss some of the games.

#16 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 7,615 posts

Posted Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:19 PM

I guess that is true. I think my first coleco had the cart in just a slot in the styrofoam and the instructions were on top in a small indented area.

Anyone else buy early INTV games that came in a cardboard box and the cart and instructions in a bag.

I think the first 2 or 3 games I got from them came that way. Super Pro Football for certain. I was bummed out when I saw the box in the next catalog.
Thankfully, I got it at Toys R Us around 89-90 for $1.99 in the box with Slap Shot and a few others. At the time, I had a friend that was hooked on
B-17 Bomber. So the Intellivision was hooked up again. But the C=64 was the gaming system in the house then.... To bad, they had Super Pro systems and
a ton of games cheap! But I spent my money on Bop 'n Rumble instead. :( Now I don't even have a C=64.... Kinda miss some of the games.

My Spiker came sealed in two bags with instructions but it was a late issue, not an early one.

#17 OldAtarian OFFLINE  

OldAtarian

Stargunner

• 1,599 posts

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:09 AM

"Wouldn't homebrew releases and high production releases be two different leagues though? I mean 4-tris had like what, 100 copies made while Super Cobra probably had 10,000+ made. Both rare in there own ways but 2 totally seperate fields if you ask me :) "

Yeah, I agree...

But of the home brew games, I would think the Philly Classic 4-tris has the fewest produced.
I would think a few hundred 4-tris carts are out now. At least 3 releases of the cart are out. I have the Left Turn Only edition myself.

Good call on Tut. That one did take me a long time to come across.

I am now looking for these 3 incredibly rare game: COMBAT for the 2600, Poker & Blackjack for the Intellivision and Donkey Kong for the Colecovision. ;) LOL

A boxed Donkey Kong for Colecovision is harder to find than you think, and apparently a boxed Sears Checkers for Intellivision is harder to find than Stadium Mud Buggies and may even harder to find than Spiker.

Edited by OldAtarian, Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:10 AM.

#18 maximebeauvais OFFLINE  

maximebeauvais

Stargunner

• 1,725 posts

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:40 AM

-Computer keyboard
-Videoplexer

Did i miss anything?

I think we need to define 'holy grail' in order to have an answer.

turorvision, computer keyboard, videoplexer, playcable, bandai....etc are all nice holy grail BUT to me, I think that holy grail is more a game and not equipment.

A Boxed Spiker is the top holy grail.

I'm not counting homebrew since they are pretty common but could be expensive.

#19 tz101 OFFLINE  

tz101

River Patroller

• 2,138 posts

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:32 PM

"Holy grail" is overused these days. This auction claims that Intellivision's holy grail is Congo Bongo. What is a person to believe?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 360353420250

#20 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,451 posts

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:46 PM

"Holy grail" is overused these days. This auction claims that Intellivision's holy grail is Congo Bongo. What is a person to believe?

to the seller EVERYTHING is holy grail.

pickachu07 :roll:

#21 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Tear down this temple

• 12,424 posts
  • I'll rebuild it in 3 days

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 PM

I'd pay the same $250 I sold mine for a few years ago. $399 is too much. Look at what you got on your Subterranea though... sheesh 3x the going rate! Maybe now you could lower mud buggies? :D

AX

#22 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,451 posts

Posted Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:15 PM

I'd pay the same $250 I sold mine for a few years ago. $399 is too much. Look at what you got on your Subterranea though... sheesh 3x the going rate! Maybe now you could lower mud buggies? :D

AX

it rarely comes on ebay

#23 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 7,615 posts

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:38 PM

I saw that and thought the same thing. In fact, there's another one claiming that as well. :D

#24 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 7,615 posts

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:40 PM

-Computer keyboard
-Videoplexer

Did i miss anything?

turorvision, computer keyboard, videoplexer, playcable, bandai....etc are all nice holy grail BUT to me, I think that holy grail is more a game and not equipment.

Hmmm. Let me throw out another game then....the ECS Super Series Baseball box variation. Very hard to find, maybe the hardest non-homebrew, although the CBS Turbo has to be up there too.

#25 revolutionika OFFLINE  

revolutionika

Quadrunner

• 10,451 posts

Posted Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:56 PM

-Computer keyboard
-Videoplexer

Did i miss anything?

Hmmm. Let me throw out another game then....the ECS Super Series Baseball box variation. Very hard to find, maybe the hardest non-homebrew, although the CBS Turbo has to be up there too.

Also a ultra rare game is the French Canadian Super Cobra variation. But no one really knows about it.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users