IGNORED

Unreleased 8-bit Games at JetBootJack.com

Albert

http://www.jetbootjack.com/Game industry veteran Steve Goss sends us word that his website, JetBookJack.com is now online. His Atari 8-bit Relics Page contains a softography of various Atari 8-bit projects he was involved with, including several games that were never released such as Contagion, Shadow of the Beast, Menace, and Pac-Land. Included are screenshots and binaries (even of the unfinished games!), and you can find them all here. Have fun!

Shame these never made it. Some really cool stuff Steve!

lots of colours on-screen too for some of them- very nice.

Especially would have liked to see how Pacland would've turned out. Was the plan to overlay PMG's and chars for more colors?

Good luck with the new job too!

Chris

:)

The disc versions of Plastron were hand made and not done by Harlequin.

We gave certain retailers/distributors special master discs to make versions for customers who wanted them, the actual manufactured assets were the clear crystal cases (big enough for cassette or disc) with inlays and black cassettes with gold lettering...

sTeVE

Excuse my as I put pieces the past year's jigsaw puzzle together.

All this time I've seen you posting JetBoot, I did not know the extent of your involvement with Atari 8bit games. I don't know why it didn't click with me before, after all I've read Heaven say stuff about Harlequin, but never knew what he was talkin' bout, Willis. I thought you lived in Utah and worked on Xbox games. (erm, maybe you do).

ANYWAY -- the games look awesome as stills, and I see you have ATR files too, I gotta try these out tonight at home on the AtariWin 3.0. Hope I have the right OS files....

Pardon my ignorance, but is the release of these ATR (files) a long-awaited event for Atari 8bit fans? Were these games UK games?

Steve,

i like the stuff... can you tell me what kind of dev tools you used at that time?

- atari STs for painting?

- compiling/assembling directly on atari machines or on PCs?

- where to store the source data? on floppy 5,25 discs?

anyway good stuff.... but the only one is missing TLN2... :)

hve

The toolchain consisted of:

8bit:

MAC65

GAD

Charset Editor (home made)

PMG Editor (home made)

DDT

ST:

MADMAC

Advanced Art Studio

Neochrome

We did most of the art on the ST in OCP Advanced Art Studio and sent it over via serial cable.

Initially we used MAC65 on 130XE's for code creation, but then we moved over to the Atari MADMAC assembler on the ST and sent the code down to the 8bit via serial cable (connected to the joyports) - which was REALLY fast...

sTeVE