IGNORED

1200XL Field Service Manual

Havok69

• 4 years later...

For those interested I am attaching an improved schematic for the 1200XL video circuit, the parts values are the originals from the 1200XL Service Manual. Since I was only doing the video circuit I spread it out to fill the page, and also used the Service Manuals layout of the color circuit which is easier to follow. Other than the pull-up resistors there are only three places lines cross without connecting.

The .sch file isn't zipped, just the extension added to be able to upload it here.

I have double checked, but there still could be errors.

post-26063-0-92490400-1461313216_thumb.jpg

1200XL OEM video.pdf

1200XL OEM video.sch.zip

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Bumping up an old topic - does anyone have a better/more legible version of the silkscreen diagrams from the 1200XL FSM? I think I need to replace the electrolytic caps in the machine and I'd like to correlate their locatiosn with the values specified in the book (some of mine just have an old manufacturer's name and part number with no actual capacitance value specified - arrrgh).

• 4 years later...
14 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello Karl

You can find better scans (made by David Mil) on my Docs Page.

Sincerely

Mathy

Thank you!  Those look to be some sort of re-done drawings.  U13, for example, doesn't match the official pinout on the FSM (data lines) or the original schematics sheet -- then again the official pinout could be wrong.  There are differences in the Designations table too.

11 hours ago, kheller2 said:

Thank you!  Those look to be some sort of re-done drawings.  U13, for example, doesn't match the official pinout on the FSM (data lines) or the original schematics sheet -- then again the official pinout could be wrong.  There are differences in the Designations table too.

Seems to be an issue of 28 pin EPROMs vs 24 pin masked ROMs. But yes, those schematics are obviously a redrawing, and I think they should really be documented as such.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, kheller2 said:

You want me to convert them to PDF?  The zip file just had these JPGs in them, I have not modified the source content .. so this is the best resolution you are gonna get.

ok, so we might just right click and save image as... thanks for the clarification