IGNORED

Flashback 1 is there any mods or fun projects?

I scored a near new condition complete in box original Flashback at a thrift store yesterday and wondered if there were any mods or fun portable projects to build with it. I know it is based on the Nintendo on a chip and wondered can it be modded for a Ninty cart. Also I didn't realize how small it is, but since it's small I thought maybe I could rig it to a small lcd tv for a portable system.

I asked about six years ago. It is based on a Nintendo-on-a-Chip--the Novatek 6578, to be exact--and Curt Vendel says that there was a FB1 test unit with a cartridge port on it, but it sounds like the modification instructions (assuming it can even be done with production units) are not forthcoming.

It's unfortunate, too: there is at least one NES multi-cart available now with a board that looks small enough to squeeze inside the FB1 case, so it could make a great little all-in-one NES clone ... if only it was possible to add a cartridge port.

I asked about six years ago. It is based on a Nintendo-on-a-Chip--the Novatek 6578, to be exact--and Curt Vendel says that there was a FB1 test unit with a cartridge port on it, but it sounds like the modification instructions (assuming it can even be done with production units) are not forthcoming.

It's unfortunate, too: there is at least one NES multi-cart available now with a board that looks small enough to squeeze inside the FB1 case, so it could make a great little all-in-one NES clone ... if only it was possible to add a cartridge port.

Guess maybe I'll just focus on making it portable. Or maybe a shelf queen coltectable since the game play is barely any good and most of the 2600 games I already have for the original system (don't have a 7800 yet).

I had an idea for a small thing like that: Put the whole thing inside a cd-rom empty shell, and run it into the video input on most video cards. Have it run on the PC or out to a TV set and have the controllers plug into the front. Kind of a technical thing, but might be workable. I was thinking of this for my Yobo, it's already the size of a CD drive.

• 1 month later...

I had an idea for a small thing like that: Put the whole thing inside a cd-rom empty shell, and run it into the video input on most video cards. Have it run on the PC or out to a TV set and have the controllers plug into the front. Kind of a technical thing, but might be workable. I was thinking of this for my Yobo, it's already the size of a CD drive.

I've done this already to a 4 switch Atari 2600.

It won me an Intel contest, stuck it in my computer. :)

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/keilbaca/My%20love/

• Like 1