IGNORED

My first Jaguar

NML32

I just bought a boxed Jaguar should be here next week. Never owned one before so I pretty excited. I also ordered a video cable that uses standard phono cables for video, chroma, and luminance, a 1/8 stereo plug for audio, and will accept an svideo plug/cable (b.o.b). Now off to flea-market to get a few games (I hope to find some).

Should I get a CD-ROM or is there a multicart out for the Jaguar. I searched the net and couldn't really find a multicart.

Jag CD won't let you play ROMs. No multicarts have been released. The only simple/cheap option for playing ROMs is the skunkboard, but it won't play everything.

Basically you have to go buy the games, but beware there's plenty of pretty ordinary & over-priced stuff in the Jaguar library.

• Like 2

Jag CD won't let you play ROMs. No multicarts have been released. The only simple/cheap option for playing ROMs is the skunkboard, but it won't play everything.

Basically you have to go buy the games, but beware there's plenty of pretty ordinary & over-priced stuff in the Jaguar library.

+1

• Like 1

+1

+1

• Like 1

The Jag CD isn't really worth it unless you're really wanting to play the homebrew CD releases or the few commercial CD games that were released. Getting a Skunkboard is quickly becoming a mandatory thing in regards to the Jag, now.

• Like 2

The Jag CD isn't really worth it unless you're really wanting to play the homebrew CD releases or the few commercial CD games that were released. Getting a Skunkboard is quickly becoming a mandatory thing in regards to the Jag, now.

Where can a Skunk board be bought?

What are CD Encryption Bypass Cartridge and how are they used? With one of these carts could a CD image (.cdi) be burnt to CD-R and then be run from a Jaguar CD drive?

Where can a Skunk board be bought?

You might be able to get a leftover one from Goat Store in the next month or two. I believe preorders have closed.

Also, the SkunkBoard doesn't support EEPROM saving, so you won't be able to save your place or high scores. That's not a big deal for certain games, but it will make other games a nightmare to play through in one sitting. The SkunkBoard is mostly intended as a development tool, not a flashcart.

What are CD Encryption Bypass Cartridge and how are they used?

Those were used mostly to boot unencrypted CDs before the encryption details were made public.

With one of these carts could a CD image (.cdi) be burnt to CD-R and then be run from a Jaguar CD drive?

Burn a CD-R from a cdi image of an encrypted disc & you won't need a bypass to run it - it would serve no purpose. Only if the image was of an unencrypted disc would the bypass be of any use to you.

We've released a few games as cdi images for people to burn themselves. We've also made a tool to take any 'homebrew' BJL games or demos and then turn them into bootable CD images. There's also a CD version of a bypass cart that you can burn to a disc rather than using a cart. Look in my sig for links.

• Like 4