IGNORED

Trak Disk Drives (Compatibility)

8BIT 1337

I gave some disks to a friend of mine that don't work on his Trak Drive. My stuff would've been formatted on a 1050 drive, and a good chunk of is stuff I've been using for years (but were dupes) so I know the disks *work*. Any ideas as to why he's having problems? Is it SD/ED/DD related?

He has suggested that his SIO cable looks a bit shoddy, so that could be it (but some games do load, so I think it's the disk formatting or something). Is it possible that sending disks through customs was the problem? Wouldn't that affect everything I gave him? (some of the stuff does work).

Unfortunately I don't know which Trak drive he has yet. I'll edit this post when I get that tidbit. Any help is appreciated. I know nothing about the 3rd party stuff. He'll probably get a 1050 *anyway* but I'd like to give him the option if I can.

I was wondering that too. I'm pretty sure that the stuff I gave him that didn't work would've been formatted using ED. I was hoping that somebody would suggest that the Trak can't handle that ED formatting and I'd have to resend him stuff in SD since I don't have any DD capabilities (and I believe his Trak Drive is SD/DD).