IGNORED

Kdevelop 4

esplonky

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if there is a batari IDE for kdevelop 4 on fedora 14?

If KDevelop 4 is an outpost on a planet called Fedora 14, it's possible. Anything is possible in the future. :D

Oh, I just looked it up. You're talking about some Linux thing:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/179888-kdevelop-4/

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/177189-linux-and-visualbb/

I don't think anyone has made an IDE specifically for bB that will work with Linux yet. You'll probably have to wait until a rabid Linux lover with the tools, talent, and time decides to make one. Or you could buy or steal a Windows PC and just use Visual batari Basic. :D

I have Windows XP on it, but i hate microsoft, and windows, and it completely turned to crap, the mouse takes like 10 minutes to move, and i hate it. i run windows 2000 in virtual box but it takes 2 hours to boot up :P I have a friend who is completely fluent in c++, I minght get him to help me, but he probably doesn't know linux

I have Windows XP on it, but i hate microsoft, and windows, and it completely turned to crap, the mouse takes like 10 minutes to move, and i hate it. i run windows 2000 in virtual box but it takes 2 hours to boot up :P I have a friend who is completely fluent in c++, I minght get him to help me, but he probably doesn't know linux

Are you using a 486 or something? I have a 3 year old laptop and Windows 7 runs fine.

-Jeff

i use linux, Please jeff learn linux and give us all a way to use visual bB. i would love you forever, i only have an hour a day to code at school and everyone around me flips shit lol they ask so many questions "what are all those x's? what is COLUBK?"

i use linux, Please jeff learn linux and give us all a way to use visual bB. i would love you forever, i only have an hour a day to code at school and everyone around me flips shit lol they ask so many questions "what are all those x's? what is COLUBK?"

I got my computer engineering degree working on Unix. Discovered Windows after college. No way I am ever going back. It's so much easier on Windows.

-Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
and after those four years it took me like 5 minutes to realize how much windows is shit. every windows machine that has entered this household has destroyed itself by doing tasks that linux can do.

What are you doing that would destroy a Windows PC? I just run programs and use the Internet. I'm not trying to create a girl like in Weird Science.

Some Ubangi Linoleum users seem to have obsessive–compulsive personality disorder:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_personality_disorder

Obsessive–compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) is a personality disorder which is characterized by a pervasive pattern of preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, and mental and interpersonal control at the expense of flexibility, openness, and efficiency. People with OCPD may feel anxious when they perceive that things are not right. This can lead to routines and rules for ways of doing things.

We all know that Windows isn't perfect, but most software works with it, so you hold your nose and deal with it. Huddling in a dark corner with OCPD Ubangi Linoleum users might be fun, but it's counterproductive. Come out of the shadows and join the rest of us. It's OK. The light is bright, but it will not burn you. :D

well what i do on windows is the same as you, except i program, and then when everything is going good, things start failing, windows put a virus in a security update, i updated my computer, rebooted, and it came up with a virus that made a bunch of things non functional. microsoft is shit.

Given the limited usage of Linux and Mac operating systems, it really isn't profitable to develop virii for those platforms. However they do exist so perhaps it's time for Linux to turn in the cape. As those platforms grow in popularity they will be effected. Given you can grab the source code of Linux it gives a gifted hacker a headstart. The idea that a Mac and Linux is secure by design is completely inaccurate. Anything as complicated as a operating system, written by humans, used by humans will be open to attack.

As the largest software company in the history of mankind Microsoft will most often be attacked, but they are not the only ones. Even, "do no evil" Google has exploits. I love my Android tablet, but alas that isn't even secure. BTW what was Android based on? Linux...

The draconian rules of Apple and iTunes do a pretty good of ensuring you don't get a bad app on your iPad. Then again iTunes is run like the Soviet Union under Stalin.

-Jeff

well what i do on windows is the same as you, except i program, and then when everything is going good, things start failing, windows put a virus in a security update, i updated my computer, rebooted, and it came up with a virus that made a bunch of things non functional. microsoft is shit.

Was it a real Microsoft update on your computer or did you click a link in an e-mail or open an attachment? If it was an e-mail, then you made a big mistake. Microsoft doesn't do updates through e-mails.

If it wasn't an e-mail, sometimes an official update can bring a virus you already had to the surface. Using Microsoft Security Essentials and Firefox with the NoScript add-on can help keep your computer from getting viruses.

Edited by Random Terrain
  • Like 1