IGNORED

CrazyBrix - WIP

PacManPlus

Hi Guys:

Quick WIP, A breakout game called 'CrazyBrix'. Being that I abandoned 'PinOut', I took what I did do and applied it here.

There still will be 32 screens when I'm done, and I want to add something new and different to it, but I don't know what yet.

Left difficulty switch toggles between joystick and paddles, and the paddles go in the right port.

This is a VERY early WIP with only two playable screens.

Put this on a CCII for an interesting High Score display for all of you HSC buffs out there. :D (Obviously you have to enter some scores first to see the display) ;)

I think it may have to be renamed to 'CRZYBRIX' (or some 8-letter derivative) for the CCII

"7800: Crazy Brix WIP CRZYBRIX HSC_16K HSC"

Bob

• Like 2

Being that I abandoned 'PinOut', I took what I did do and applied it here.

... I want to add something new and different to it, but I don't know what yet.

Too bad that PinOut ran into trouble after looking so good. I liked the idea of a game inspired by the Bee/Q series.

- One idea might be to have the game start out with Breakout-style play for the first couple of levels. Gradually, obstacles and bonus elements like those in the Bee/Q series could be added.

- The 32 levels could be broken up into chapters with 8 level dedicated to variations of each game (Breakout, Bombee, CutieQ and GeeBee). The game can rotate every 2 levels to keep players engaged earlier

Edited by Nerf Herder73

Thanks guys :)

Allan - I thought you'd get a kick out of that High Score screen. I meant to PM you about it, but AA says you aren't accepting PMs :(

@Nerf Herder73 - I should mention that I'm trying to keep this game at 16K ;)

That being said, here's boards 1-4 (and some bugfixes):

(I really need a level editor, or this is going to take forever) :(

(I really need a level editor, or this is going to take forever) :(

I've used Tile Studio for years :-

http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net

It has its quirks so save your work often ;). It has its own built in script language for getting the data into a format that is useful for your game. If you need a hand with that, then let me know.

@Nerf Herder73 - I should mention that I'm trying to keep this game at 16K ;)

Yipes! Sorry, PMP. I took "something new and different" too far there. Thankfully, I didn't mention the addition of "boss" levels. icon_smile.gif

This is already off to a great start. I haven't reached the 4th level yet, but I like the brick patterns. I like the touch of the light effect moving across the bricks.

Excited to try! Anyone have the HSC16K bank file? I don't and the only thing Bing turned up was this thread.

Try HSC_16K instead ;)

oops... :ponder: :dunce: First post fixed.

@mimo - I'll post screen shots tonight when I get home from work. :)

Thanks!

Bob

Thanks guys!

@HammR25 - It isn't supposed to show a high score unless you put one in... I was thinking maybe the ID bytes I used were already taken (I use $0A,$01 for this game), but I looked through the High Score Cart Values thread (in the 7800 programming forum) and it doesn't seem to clash with anything else. :( Maybe it's an Anomaly.... Just out of curiosity, can you take a screenshot?

Also - has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,

Bob