Worm War I has begun. Hordes of giant worms are decending upon the city of Teriyaki! It's up to you, a master tank commander, to skillfully navigate through the ruins and blow away these destructive invaders. Be careful, many a good driver has run out of a gas and been wiggled to death under the weight of a giant worm. Lots of luck, commander!
<div class='maintitle'>Game Information</div><div class='borderwrap'><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='row2'><td>
- Game Name: Worm War I
- Released By: 20th Century Fox, 1982
- Left Difficulty: B / Novice - Fixed Worm Movement
- Right Difficulty: B / Novice - Faster Brake Response
- Game Mode: Default
<div class='maintitle'>Challenges</div><div class='borderwrap'><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='row2'><td>
- Worm Warrior - Score 150,000 points or higher and you get 2 bonus points.
<table class='ipbtable'><tr><td><div class='maintitle'>Current High Scores</div><div class="borderwrap"><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='row2'><td width='100%'>
- 1,000,000 (oyamafamily) [+11][+2]
1,000,000 (Gorfy) [+11][+2]
1,000,000 (Vocelli) [+11][+2]
1,000,000 (toymailman) [+11][+2]
1,000,000 (Scrabber15) [+11][+2]
1,000,000 (JacobZu7zu7) [+11][+2]
1,000,000 (Frostbite76) [+11][+2]
- 300,365 (classicgamer_27330) [+10][+2]
- 212,035 (pokeplayer984) [+9][+2]
- 184,760 (Amstari) [+8][+2]
- 152,300 (SpiceWare) [+7][+2]
- 124,125 (Curious Sofa) [+6]
- 97,050 (keilbaca) [+5]
- 84,875 (HatefulGravey) [+4]
- 79,575 (Krytol) [+3]
- 60,040 (roadrunner) [+2]
- 46,695 (zylon) [+1]
- 40,445 (Miss 2600) [+1]
<div class='maintitle'>Best Tips</div><div class="borderwrap"><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='row2'><td>
- Scrabbler15 [+2]
<div class='maintitle'>TwinGalaxies Top 3</div><div class="borderwrap"><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='darkrow2'><td>(Game 1, Difficulty B)</td></tr><tr class='row2'><td>
- 656,565 (Stephen Riesenberger)
- 71,065 (Greg Troutman)
- 30,520 (Glenn Bussell)
- JacobZu7zu7 
- oyamafamily 
- toymailman 
- Vocelli 
- Frostbite76 
- Deteacher 
- Gorfy 
- pis 
- SpiceWare 
- Miss 2600 
- SeaGtGruff 
- classicgamer_27330 
- keilbaca 
- Amstari 
- Scrabbler15 
- roadrunner 
- HatefulGravey 
- Curious Sofa 
- zylon 
- bennybingo 
- Krytol 
- LarcenTyler 
- atariUCLA24 
- Mister VCS 
- SpaceDice2010 
- littleman jack 
- Wickeycolumbus 
- rmaerz 
- Cream147 
- MIKE5200 
- theKLT 
- DickNixonArisen 
- leematari 
- Cortat G 
<div class='maintitle'>Scoring Points in Worm War I</div><div class='borderwrap'><table class='ipbtable'><tr class='row2'><td>
- The Worms will always attack in groups. Each group begins with the appearance of one Worm on the screen, then two Worms and then three on up to six Worms at once! You earn 20 points for each Worm shot in the first attack group. The Worm point value increases AND bonus points are awarded after every group is destroyed.
- You can also get points for blasting down obstacle Blocks. Blocks are always worth 5 points a piece.
<div class='maintitle'>Hints and Tips</div>
As always, you really should read the manual. In case you don't have the manual, AtariAge has a typed copy available online. Here are the hints it provides:
- To avoid being totally clobbered by hordes of Worms, pull back on the stick whenever a new group is appearing.
- If a fuel Pagoda appears on top of a block, carefully shoot away the block, or try just to nick the Pagoda.
- When you are refueling, you are safe from collisions. Use this to move over inconvenient Blocks.
- The far left and right sides of the screen are safe spots, but don't hang there too long. If you don't shoot Worms, you won't bring on any Pagodas.
- The faster that you run into the house, the more extra seconds you get . Slam into it, then hit the brakes afterwards (pull back on thie stick)
- Aim your shooter into the middle of the group of worms. Accidental shooter counts the same as sharpshooter.
- When the group of worms materializes, take a half second to see to if a house comes up, too.
- Shooting the house clears the screen. Try to do this when you run out of room to move side to side.
- After shooting the house, if another house comes up immediately, make quick work of the worms and run all out to the house to get the extra time. Shoot the blocks on either side of the house beforehand, so you have somewhere to go after soaking up the seconds in the house.
- When there are lots of blocks, clear a column that will allow worm shooting as they go back and forth. Keep widening the column, as possible.
- The house seems to come up less often at the higher level, so take advantage when the chance comes.
WAIT FOR THE WORMS TO "FORM" BEFORE SHOOTING... if you only hold down the fire button you will shoot precious gas stations.
When you shoot down a gas station you start the round over again, so the worms will be back in which ever group, they started in.
Be a patient driver. There is plenty of time "go slowly" (unless picking up gas) and collect as much gasoline as your tank can handle! Of course always shoot worms as fast as possible.