You can only play game variation 5 here.
Here's the key setup which Tep392 handled when he ported the game a while back. I asked him to include the Joystick2 button because I always hated having to learn forward and press the Space Bar.
* or Select to select game level
# or Option to select character after entering 1980
S or Start or Joystick1 button to start game
R to revive
P to pause
space or Joystick2 button to rotate object
Pressing Select or Option during game play will exit game same as 5200 reset key
What's different about this demo1 compared to the 2007 5200 version?
Here are the most noticeable changes:
- items are hidden in some different places. This will continue to evolve before I call this finished.
- There's only 1 different sound effect in this demo, although I have the game's code all set up now to start adding new sounds to bank1. Next demo will have more.
- dragons will now give up their chase of you sometimes. You'll hear their scream of despair when they stop chasing you screen-to-screen.
- Minotaur will drop you off on different screens now, not always the troll bridge screen like in the 5200 version.
- splash screen /title screen w/new font /win screen w/ statistics.
What am I working on right now?
- more new sounds/music
- dots will change hiding locations based on which variation you are playing.
- have to add in the end-of-game stat for how much time it took you to beat the game
Feel free to report any issues with the game, I may have left something screwy in there. Let us know which emulator you played it on, or if anyone played it on real hardware, which I have not done yet. I need to buy one of those Classics A8 flash carts soon.