IGNORED

Introducing the Coleco Sagittarius

djpubba

I burnt the midnight oil this evening to wrap up my latest project -- the Coleco Sagittarius.

This is a ColecoVision Expansion Module #1 which I modified to work on it's own (no need to connect it to a ColecoVision).

It was a bit of work since it doesn't have it's own clock or reset circuit (it uses the ColecoVision's). I had to build my own clock and reset circuit by looking at the schematics for an Atari 2600.

For the video out, I used a Longhorn Engineer s-video mod board.

For power I'm using a ColecoVision power supply.

Since it's like an alternate Gemini, I went with Sagittarius since that's my sign.

You can still connect it to a ColecoVision for power if you wanted but you'll only get video and audio through the new connections.

I probably will end up selling it after I show it off to my friends since most of the fun for me was the build and I can always build more. :)

Pics:

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

• Like 18

Okay, I've had my fun playing with it and showing it off and I'm ready to sell. I'm starting a thread over on Marketplace to take offers.

What made you think of doing that?

I guess it's always been floating around in my head ever since I heard that there's a whole 2600 inside that just pipes it's video through the ColecoVision.

Awesome work! Now that you've done the guts and know the layout-- would it be possible to make a 'box' to just just connect to the card edge connector of a stock Exp Mod #1? (Yeah yeah, I know it already exists-- it's called a ColecoVision. lol But I think you know what I mean!)