Photo

Neo Geo AES with two controllers and games possbily for sale, make offers.

36 replies to this topic

#1 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• 726 posts

Posted Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:36 PM

I am currently thinking of selling my Neo Geo AES and was wondering what people would be willing to pay for it. It is a Japanese model, Pow-3. Is not in box, comes with King of Fighters 96 American version and Fatal Fury Special also American with the bid dog logo on the side. Comes with 2 of the original large controllers on one the d button seems to be going out, and a memory card. The only thing is the Power Supply is touchy, sometimes is works some days it does not want to work. So if I were to sell it the buyer would need to buy a new power supply. There is a seller on eBay from the US that sells replacement power supplies for it. Or at the Neo Store located in Tennessee. Here is the listing http://www.neostore....e-AES-p/595.htm cost about 25 from there plus shipping. It uses a 9volt supply or Pow-3 as it says on the bottom of the system. Both games have there cases, the top of the King of Fighters 96 is a little chipped and cracked along the edge but I just used some gorilla glue to fill the crack, it is the latter design that snaps shut and has the lock on the edge American version, The Fatal Fury Special one looks almost brand-new and includes the manual. Early American version with the dog on the top spine edge. The second controller the fourth button sometimes does not seem to want to work on King of Fighters. So worst case would be that the second controller only has 3 buttons(I use heavy kick a lot and might have worn it out) Memory card is in good shape and the console does have a few light scratches on the top if you look at it the right way. If you are interested make me a offer and let me know and I will try to get some pictures posted here soon. I am pretty sure it is the power supply seeing as when ever it stops working is when the AC adopter gets warm to hot. Not the best in electronic repairs. All offer will be considered though currently someone is extremely interested just to let people know they might not be the only ones interested. I am currently at college and it is at my parents house so it would not be until next weekend before I can get pictures.

EDIT: Here are the pictures, if this link does not work I also put one in my latest comment.

:)
http://www.atariage....uff-for-sale-2/

Edited by ATARI7800fan, Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:40 AM.

#2 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Quadrunner

• 12,547 posts

Posted Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:51 PM

I'd be interested in that 96 maybe if the price was right and I could see a pic.

Thanks,
AX

#3 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts

Posted Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:23 PM

I'd be interested in that 96 maybe if the price was right and I could see a pic.

Thanks,
AX

Thanks, will try to get pictures up by this upcoming weekend.

#4 fmdof OFFLINE  

fmdof

Chopper Commander

• 227 posts

Posted Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:10 PM

yeah, I'd have to see a pic of the Fatal fury special too. I don't think it ever was released as a dog tag version. FF1 and FF2 were, but not FFS.

Oh yeah, I'll take that KOF 96, after seeing pics, if the price is right and ax doesn't go for it.

Edited by fmdof, Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:12 PM.

#5 nonner242 OFFLINE  

nonner242

River Patroller

• 3,664 posts
  • ALL your base ALL belong to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:51 PM

And if fmdof or ax dont want KOF96 I would.:D

#6 Koopa64 OFFLINE  

Koopa64

Stargunner

• 1,183 posts
  • Love havin' an Apple //e again!

Posted Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:13 PM

if the price was right

if the price is right

Atari7800fan, what this really means is they want that game for peanuts, dirt cheap. :D :thumbsup:

#7 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts

Posted Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:51 PM

yeah, I'd have to see a pic of the Fatal fury special too. I don't think it ever was released as a dog tag version. FF1 and FF2 were, but not FFS.

Oh yeah, I'll take that KOF 96, after seeing pics, if the price is right and ax doesn't go for it.

I will have to double check on it to make sure it is a Fatal Fury Special. They have been in storage for so I might be mistaken.

#8 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts

Posted Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:51 PM

if the price was right

if the price is right

Atari7800fan, what this really means is they want that game for peanuts, dirt cheap. :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice.

#9 fmdof OFFLINE  

fmdof

Chopper Commander

• 227 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 AM

if the price was right

if the price is right

no, what it means it a lot of people think their neo geo system and games is worth eons more than they really are.

#10 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Quadrunner

• 12,547 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 AM

For example I know where I can get an english 96 for around $200. It hasn't sold for a while because it's too high. This one has a cracked case. It's a KOF, I'm not going to panic to speed collect it, but I'd like it. I'm a little sour over the recent NGF KOF2000 that sold for a couple thousands. Back in the day I paid $399 for that game when it came out I think, and sold it for a hundred dollar loss, because I needed the money. It's sad to know there are just some titles I'll never get in english.

AX

#11 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 AM

For example I know where I can get an english 96 for around $200. It hasn't sold for a while because it's too high. This one has a cracked case. It's a KOF, I'm not going to panic to speed collect it, but I'd like it. I'm a little sour over the recent NGF KOF2000 that sold for a couple thousands. Back in the day I paid $399 for that game when it came out I think, and sold it for a hundred dollar loss, because I needed the money. It's sad to know there are just some titles I'll never get in english.

AX

If I were to sell it separately I was thinking around 90-120 dollars for this one, that's what I paid for it. I will of course consider any offer, currently have someone interested in the whole lot though. By the way is any one interested in selling either a Amiga 1000 or Amiga 3000. That's what I am planning on using the money for.

Edited by ATARI7800fan, Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:30 AM.

#12 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Quadrunner

• 12,547 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:20 AM

AX

If I were to sell it separately I was thinking around 90-120 dollars for this one, that's what I paid for it.

That would be totally cool with me as long as the insert is fairly good. Eventually I'd swap out the box. I see them for sale every now and then.

AX

#13 fmdof OFFLINE  

fmdof

Chopper Commander

• 227 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:28 AM

AX

it's all cause of that NGF bullshit. Well that and only 100 were supposedly made in english.

#14 HatefulGravey OFFLINE  

HatefulGravey

River Patroller

• 2,436 posts
  • A ROM image is no way to live.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:28 PM

Its hard to sell a console this rare with no games. Just saying. I know I would like to have a working AES, but to buy one that might not be working right and have to wait to find games for it knowing I might not be able to play them and that might be because the games are bad or because the AES is bad is a lot of "might" for the money. I would honestly be attempting to sell this as a lot first. You will more then likely make more money off the parts if you part it out, but you will also more then likely end up with an AES you are selling as is because you can't test it to prove it is still working.

Everyone that has offered to buy from you here is an honest member on this forum and they are not making any effort to low ball you, but I would think about selling at least one of the games with the console.

#15 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:17 PM

Its hard to sell a console this rare with no games. Just saying. I know I would like to have a working AES, but to buy one that might not be working right and have to wait to find games for it knowing I might not be able to play them and that might be because the games are bad or because the AES is bad is a lot of "might" for the money. I would honestly be attempting to sell this as a lot first. You will more then likely make more money off the parts if you part it out, but you will also more then likely end up with an AES you are selling as is because you can't test it to prove it is still working.

Everyone that has offered to buy from you here is an honest member on this forum and they are not making any effort to low ball you, but I would think about selling at least one of the games with the console.

Do not worry, you were the first to ask and show interest. I would only sell games by them self if no one shows interest or you decide not to buy it. This is why I said if I were to sell KOF 96 separately. Parting it out would be the last thing I would do would rather have everything stay together like a family.

#16 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:41 PM

Currently HatefulGravey is interested in the console and Fatal Fury game, the golden axe is interested in King of Fighters 96. Will keep post updated on what is and is not on hold.

#17 fmdof OFFLINE  

fmdof

Chopper Commander

• 227 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:03 PM

Its hard to sell a console this rare with no games.

it's a japanese version. it's not that rare.

#18 HatefulGravey OFFLINE  

HatefulGravey

River Patroller

• 2,436 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:16 PM

Ok, but the games aren't the kind of thing I can just go get either. I know its not super rare, but it isn't a $25 Genesis either. If I don't get to buy this one I'll have one I know it working imported. It means enough to me to get one from shipped from inside this country and to support another Atari Ager that I made a offer higher then eBay pricing on similar items in better condition.

#19 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:07 PM

Ok, but the games aren't the kind of thing I can just go get either. I know its not super rare, but it isn't a $25 Genesis either. If I don't get to buy this one I'll have one I know it working imported. It means enough to me to get one from shipped from inside this country and to support another Atari Ager that I made a offer higher then eBay pricing on similar items in better condition.

Thanks, you too.

#20 HatefulGravey OFFLINE  

HatefulGravey

River Patroller

• 2,436 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:44 PM

Thanks, you too.

Not sure I understand what you are thanking me for... you're welcome? :ponder:

#21 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:52 PM

Thanks, you too.

Not sure I understand what you are thanking me for... you're welcome? :ponder:

Thanks for being interested in mine besides its problems and not going to eBay.

#22 HatefulGravey OFFLINE  

HatefulGravey

River Patroller

• 2,436 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:09 PM

Thanks for being interested in mine besides its problems and not going to eBay.

Oh, no problem at all. I'm sure it can be made to work 100% with very little effort at all , really just sounds like a new power supply will fix it, and I have eBay, you never know who you are dealing with at all.

#23 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:04 PM

Bump.

#24 Koopa64 OFFLINE  

Koopa64

Stargunner

• 1,183 posts
  • Love havin' an Apple //e again!

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:08 PM

If it's not a bad power supply, maybe the power jack's solder joint is broken. Just open 'er up, grab a soldering iron and reflow the joint and everything should be fine. :)

#25 ATARI7800fan OFFLINE  

ATARI7800fan

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:09 AM

If it's not a bad power supply, maybe the power jack's solder joint is broken. Just open 'er up, grab a soldering iron and reflow the joint and everything should be fine. :)

I have never used a soldering iron before.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users