IGNORED

Altirra Speeds

JCat

Love Altirra, but is there any way to adjust the speed of the Atari, similar to the way A8Plus does under the performance option? There are some 'basic' games that are so much more playable with speeds at 150-200%. Warp Speed is of course, insanely fast so that's not an option or me. Thanks!

Edited by JCat

Love Altirra, but is there any way to adjust the speed of the Atari, similar to the way A8Plus does under the performance option? There are some 'basic' games that are so much more playable with speeds at 150-200%. Warp Speed is of course, insanely fast so that's not an option or me. Thanks!

Yeah, need to get to that at some point. The core supports it, but there are some video and sound buffering issues to deal with, like making sure that latency doesn't go through the roof.

Yeah, need to get to that at some point. The core supports it, but there are some video and sound buffering issues to deal with, like making sure that latency doesn't go through the roof.

Thank you for this wonderful emulator! It would be fantastic if/when that gets added at some point! I use to use Atari800WinPlus, and the only thing I miss is that one feature. Raising the speed of the machine to 200% makes a great deal of strategy/adventure/rpg games that had hellishly-slow moving characters, actions and text screens, much more tolerable.