IGNORED

Livewire Video finally here.

Clint Thompson

Very nice! Thanks for uploading that! I've never seen the game in action before, it's a shame it never made the rounds. Looks pretty impressive.

That does indeed look pretty cool but your camerawork makes it unwatchable.

Get yourself an easycap usb stick, only about £5 from ebay including postage, it'll do a much better job than a mobile phone held up (shakily) to a tv.

Very nice! Thanks for uploading that! I've never seen the game in action before, it's a shame it never made the rounds. Looks pretty impressive.

That does indeed look pretty cool but your camerawork makes it unwatchable.

Get yourself an easycap usb stick, only about £5 from ebay including postage, it'll do a much better job than a mobile phone held up (shakily) to a tv.

There's no way around it... I'm using an HD Kodak camera, it is the quality of the video itself from the cd (which is actually VCD), aside from my moving around a'bit at first to get situated. I did it in quick haste because I feared I wouldn't be able to get it to replay again at all. May attempt to do a better one later during daytime. The strobing is also part of the VCD, not my camera. Not sure why or what is going on there...

Don't think this is much better actually but it's on a tripod. Can't get past the way the game moves and then blinks on the screen so... I dunno.

Slightly longer...

Hey Clint thanks for uploading that vid, somehow the old screenshots had dissapeared so it is nice to have at least that much from the game since the game has seemed to vanish. Interesting to see it in motion.

Thanks for this piece of history :)

I second what Linko wrote : if it's a VCD, just rip it and upload the video (or the ISO file directly, if you don't want to bother with the format conversion yourself).

Sadly, that's not possible. For some reason, this disc simply does not recognize/read properly any 6 of the computers I've used, from XP to Ubuntu on another system even on a Mac.

It says it is unable to read the files from the disc... which is why it sat for years collecting dust. I tried ddrescue and safecopy, bot failed. I have no idea why or what the issue is or even why it plays in my Toshiba XDE but nothing else. I spent roughly 5 hours or so trying to get this thing copied but with no luck.

It is a VCD but read errors galore come about when trying to access it at all from any computer I've had access too.

If somehow I can manage to get it copied (doesn't seem possible at this point) I would be more than happy to post an ISO somewhere.

With that said, it does get pretty repetitive after about 10 minutes.

Sadly, that's not possible. For some reason, this disc simply does not recognize/read properly any 6 of the computers I've used, from XP to Ubuntu on another system even on a Mac.

It says it is unable to read the files from the disc... which is why it sat for years collecting dust. I tried ddrescue and safecopy, bot failed. I have no idea why or what the issue is or even why it plays in my Toshiba XDE but nothing else. I spent roughly 5 hours or so trying to get this thing copied but with no luck.

It is a VCD but read errors galore come about when trying to access it at all from any computer I've had access too.

If somehow I can manage to get it copied (doesn't seem possible at this point) I would be more than happy to post an ISO somewhere.

With that said, it does get pretty repetitive after about 10 minutes.

Would you be willing to send it to someone who can try doing a recovery of the disk?

Cool video, thanks for sharing. For some reason the game reminds of Trevor Mcfur, I'm sure there's no way it would have been anywhere near that bad.

I wish Jason could get his Highlander 2 disk working but it to was unreadable iirc

What's supposed to be on the CD?

Edited by wozencl

The CD was made using pinacle studio 8. If anyone has a copy of that still, I would imagine it would run from that? I might try & locate my orginal copy in my mountain of crap. As for the original developer he disappeared years ago, was part of cortex design, who were making the game!

• Like 2

Cortex Design ? The same guys who made Apex Media for the Falcon ?

Wasn't Cortex born from Titan Designs (Dave Encil)? I think they published stuff others made on the Falcon (eg Black Scorpion Software).

EDIT: did some searches, added link

• 1 year later...