IGNORED

TURBO GRAFX 16, what type of AC Adaptor and Videocables needed?

Don't want to give you any A/C recommendations otherwise I may fry your system.. It has RF out by default, standard type stuff like what's used on the NES. You may even be able to use a NES RF switch on it. You can get the Turbo Booster which will attach to the back of the system and add other kinds of connections (composite for sure, never owned one though so I'm not sure if it has S-Video too). :thumbsup:

I remember reading that a Sega Master Power supply will work on a TG-16. Maybe someone else could confirm this?

A hahahahah Now I have done it. Seriously that does sound vaguely familiar, let's see what others say! Thanks for the info so far guys! I just one a Turbo Graphics 16, seems to include controller, the little plastic add-on that covers the back and ALIEN CRUSH game, no power or video cords though, it is a start, my first NEC system!

Oooh, Alien Crush. That's a fun one.

Indeed I love Alien Crush and there is another one isn't there? Can't remember the name but I remember back in the day renting a Turbo Graphics system from my local video store with of course Keith Courage, Alien Crush, I think maybe R-type and some platform game. For sure I was impressed by the graphics, I mean I was blown away, me and my friend put our money together to rent it but otherwise those were pretty poor and hard times, that was my only experience with the system, it was not big in my area but I always remembered being impressed with the graphics.

The original AC adapter is a 10.5VDC 730mA. And the polarity is negative inside and positive outside or whatever, not sure of the best way to describe it.

And yeah, I think the adapter for a SMS will work. I remember I used something else once, but don't remember which one it was and I'm too lazy to pull everything out and try it again. Sorry. :roll:

You can use the RF cable and a generic power supply for an NES. Thats what I use since mine didn't come with either. Took it down to local vintage game shop to ask and thats why they said to use gave it a try and it works no problem. One thing to keep in mind, when I first hooked mine up it looked like ass and was in black and white with snow on the screen and no sound. Took me a good 15 minutes to figure out that the connection was bad at the TG16 end, turns out there was dirt(corrosion???) on the output, a bit of turning the cable to rub it off fixed the problem.

Edited by A_Locomotive

Indeed I love Alien Crush and there is another one isn't there? Can't remember the name but I remember back in the day renting a Turbo Graphics system from my local video store with of course Keith Courage, Alien Crush, I think maybe R-type and some platform game. For sure I was impressed by the graphics, I mean I was blown away, me and my friend put our money together to rent it but otherwise those were pretty poor and hard times, that was my only experience with the system, it was not big in my area but I always remembered being impressed with the graphics.

You'll LOVE this system Rob, its got a lot of fun games. You gotta get Galaga 90 - absolute must have. I highly recommend Blazing Lazers too - probably my favorite shmup of all time and don't forget the Bonk games and Legendary Axe :)

Military Madness is excellent too if you like turn based strategy games. Spida1a actually just did a review of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGDDNB1KZGE

Yeah, as Austin said, it's Devil's Crush. I actually started that page on Wikipedia (if you look at the history of revisions on the page, I'm Belknap, the page starter.) I have both Alien and Devil games, they are pretty good. I prefer Devil over Alien.

Yeah, as Austin said, it's Devil's Crush. I actually started that page on Wikipedia (if you look at the history of revisions on the page, I'm Belknap, the page starter.) I have both Alien and Devil games, they are pretty good. I prefer Devil over Alien.

Agreed, Devil's Crush is the first virtual pinball table I've really enjoyed since Epic Pinball.

This might be better multi ac adapter. Use for multiple systems. Plus you can only play 1 thing at a time anyway.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3705053934561?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=370505393456&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Yeah I think I will try my SMS adaptor plus I have a few others around. That might be a good deal if they did not want $25 for shipping to CANADA DOH!

The countryside in B.C. is amazing. Been so long since I've been around there though... :(

Personally, I'd skip the TG-16 if I were you OSRG, unless you know exactly which games you want and know you'll love them. You cannot dig for buried treasure on the TG-16 like you can with the NES.

The countryside in B.C. is amazing. Been so long since I've been around there though... :(

Personally, I'd skip the TG-16 if I were you OSRG, unless you know exactly which games you want and know you'll love them. You cannot dig for buried treasure on the TG-16 like you can with the NES.

Naw I am not skipping anything, I am a collector so it is just a new addition to many consoles and computers. Admittedly though I have been wanting one for some time anyway.

This is the rest of my collection though I am sure I am missing some things:

NintendoDS/Gameboy AdvanceSP/ Xbox / GP2X WIZ/ GP2X Caanoo/ Dingoo A320/ Sony PS1/ Sony PS2 (one Phat and one SLIM)/ Gamecube/ Dreamcast/ Sega Satun/ Sega CDX/ CDi/ 3DO/ Sega Genesis model 1/ Sega Master System/ FC Mobile II/ PS1 (Original and SLIM)/ Colecovision/ Intellivision II/ PSP/ Ti99a/ Atari 5200/ Atari 7800/ Atari 2600 Jr./ Atari 520st/ Atari 1040stf/ Commodore 64/ Commodore C64/ Super Nintendo/ NEO GEO CD/ N64/ Modded 5200 standalone VCS adaptor - PLUS a pretty decent Desktop and an average laptop.

;)

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer