IGNORED

Chris Crawford videos made for Atari Users Groups - 1981

Here are three videos that Chris Crawford made for Atari Users Groups to explain the graphics features of the 8-bit computer line. They were made in 1981.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EItr8jSyxXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJf4OjE6IXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLowdBQToV8

• Like 5

interesting videos, its nice how it gives perspective to the state of technological knowledge of the times...

many thanks for the posting of them :')

sloopy.

Ha you know, I mis-read and came in this thread puzzled because I thought I read "CINDY CRAWFORD" lol!

Carry on..............

if it was a video of Cindy Crawford, we would be carrying on...

sloopy.

When I first watched this, I thought someone had done a cheesey mockup using Adobe AE of a 1980's era infomercial. As the video progressed, I realized who it was. The quality is amazing! I know it's been a few days now, but are there any retro Atari video clips as crisp as these? I have only been able to find trash...

This video is just showing how great nostalgic computers are.

Back then it was very futuristic, and even now... it is fantastic to see what a superb system the Atari 8bit computer is.

I was surprised by the amount of time they have invest in creating these movies. It is not just a summary of facts, no it is really educational.

I did not know this guy... but when I saw the Eastern Front screen, I realised he REALLY knows where he is talking about, since he is the programmer of that game.

Very nice movies.

Thanks for sharing!

Greetz

M.

Man!

Gee, I feel I am soooooo f-late to this party!

These videos are pretty cool, and already tell stuff easier and faster than even the HW Reference Manual.

I just wish I could have had access to this knowledge, to these videos, back then when I was just 10-12 years old... I had so much to give, with the proper guidance... but where I lived, access to this info. was practically impossible...

...Consequently, I had to "contempt" myself with simply staring at some Atari magazines, with some screen-shots showing Qix, Typo Attack, Quarxon, and (especially) EASTERN FRONT 1941 and SCRAM. Chris' name was always showing at the top of my list... but never got a hold of his fine creations...

Today, I have corrected this situation (although decades-late), and I have a fully-loaded arsenal of pristine HW, documentation and resources so I can get (this time) the job done.

In this context, Chris continues to be a great example of fine coding in the Atari, with a different/unique perspective of combining SW development and entertainment. My kids LOVED Scram, when they saw it for the first time (my 9-years old actually read most of the manual, and, as soon as he was done, we went straight for his first reactor MELT-DOWN!!! :P ) We are talking about kids for whom BluRay, digital 1080p video, 7-channel digital audio and multi-player/networking are just NATURAL concepts (while, for me, they just seem a dream come-true ;) )

Talk about a really valuable and cool guy (Chris), trying to make things different, more meaningful, as far as my memory goes... His effort resembles (in intention) those behind Yoomp!, which I simply find a superb game and piece-of-code, too.

F.

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 1