IGNORED

High Score Club 9.09 - Donkey Kong Junior

Ze_ro

15,700 - Default

There is no picture, because my emulator died right after I finished the third level.

In spite of Jacob's great tips (:thumbsup: ), I can't get into this game. I've tried to like the game. I really have.

Sorry, DK Jr., I'm just not that into you. :|

this game sucks ass just like all the coleco atari games. Keeps crashing, freezing or the game gets all messed up. Plus the third level has the worst controlls ever in a video game.

11,200 regular after about 30minutes of playing on emulator

Edited by Frostbite76

Donkey Kong Jr. Game 8

classicgamer

"since it's more likely to get struck by lighting 5 times, survive 7 strokes, quintiple bypass surgery, have a 14 lb kidney stone removed than passing the 3rd stage on level 8."

LOL!

I did it, I beat 3rd level on difficulty 8, not once but twice :!: :!: :lust: :evil:

I guess I beat the trillion to 1 odds. :-o :party:

post-3059-0-41846700-1304837022_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Donkey Kong Jr. Game 8

classicgamer

"since it's more likely to get struck by lighting 5 times, survive 7 strokes, quintiple bypass surgery, have a 14 lb kidney stone removed than passing the 3rd stage on level 8."

LOL!

I did it, I beat 3rd level on difficulty 8, not once but twice :!: :!: :lust: :evil:

I guess I beat the trillion to 1 odds. :-o :party:

no freakin' way!! :) :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :) :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sparks were flying overnight...

I also solved the level 8 puzzle on stage 3.

It is a shame that my game 8 expert score is now higher than my game 1 easy score.

oh well.. I guess I will now work on Game 1.

BUT here it is Game 8, Expert score of : 145,900 !!!!

Vocelli:

post-28484-0-75290700-1304857111_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The zaps won't kill you (FROM BELOW) if you are hanging at the top most part of the poles! It will go under your feet... I don't think this works in earlier levels, so you just have to get passed the 45-46ks range and through to game 5. Then you won't have to jump right away, you can watch the zap go under your feet, just be careful for the ones above your head, those still can kill you. You might want to set difficulty game 5 just to practice the 3rd level.

Coleco must have realized that Level 3 is impossible to finish by difficulty 5, without adding this trick. [/size]

Good luck!

That trick stops working at level 7, though. I can get past the second platform, but when you're on the left side waiting to jump onto the 3rd platform, the snapjaw will get you as it passes under your feet. Not sure folks will get past that point.

Here's my latest score: 167,100!

post-9712-0-36403600-1304899214_thumb.png

Edited by Deteacher

The zaps won't kill you (FROM BELOW) if you are hanging at the top most part of the poles! It will go under your feet... I don't think this works in earlier levels, so you just have to get passed the 45-46ks range and through to game 5. Then you won't have to jump right away, you can watch the zap go under your feet, just be careful for the ones above your head, those still can kill you. You might want to set difficulty game 5 just to practice the 3rd level.

Coleco must have realized that Level 3 is impossible to finish by difficulty 5, without adding this trick. [/size]

Good luck!

That trick stops working at level 7, though. I can get past the second platform, but when you're on the left side waiting to jump onto the 3rd platform, the snapjaw will get you as it passes under your feet. Not sure folks will get past that point.

Yes you're correct. The top left two bars go unsafe (sometimes) after "game 7" is cleared. Though, the bottom bars stay safe for that extra waiting moment. I found out last night, and will update my tips soon.

Everyone passing game 6... on level 3. MIGHT have to make a jump from the to left bar up/over the snapjaw teeth, this game randomizes it by game 8, at least... !

but, I played game 8 and I found the safe spot at the top left. Then the next round it was gone again. :?

Games 6 and 7 are most likely safe, it's difficulty game 8 that the trick is almost completley gone.

A good way to figure "level 3" "electric snapjaws", is select a different difficulty and practice it. game 8 is pretty good at doing that.. and is why I am even able to get passed the 90ks mark. :thumbsup:

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Good luck!

Yes you're correct. The top left two bars go unsafe after "game 5" is cleared. (bottom bars stay safe) I found out last night, and will update my tips soon. Everyone passing game 5... on level 3/game 6. all will have to make a jump from the to left bar up/over the snapjaw teeth. Or do what they can do avoid hitting your feet on the bottom row of teeth.

A good way to figure level 3, is select a different difficulty and practice it. game 8 is pretty good at doing that.. and is why I am even able to get passed the 90ks mark. :thumbsup:

And here I thought I was hitting a glitch in my Red Label Atari cart. Glad to know it's not just me... on the other hand, I have no idea how to compensate on level 8.

Difficulty 8 - 18,700.

Given what I said above, I don't think I'll be clearing that third stage. I can't hang safely on the left side vines, and can't get a fast enough joystick response to make a jump on that third platform. Think I'm going to play this on the 7800 and remember what it's supposed to look like.

• Like 1

Current scores. I found that the third level rope trick seems to work on most levels. It will work sometimes but not all the time on the first several.

Regular: 65,300

Mode 8: 17,100

Edited by Stan

Difficulty 8 - 18,700.

Given what I said above, I don't think I'll be clearing that third stage. I can't hang safely on the left side vines, and can't get a fast enough joystick response to make a jump on that third platform. Think I'm going to play this on the 7800 and remember what it's supposed to look like.

The 7800 Donkey Kong Jr is my favorite version of this game. :)

IMO it's the best port of DK Jr. The NES version is a close 2nd. :)

I'm totally rocking Mode 8. Increased my basic score too, but it's ironic that it's lower than the other at the moment. Picture attached for mode 8 since the score is so much higher. Could have gone further, had to go to bed.

Regular: 79,400

Mode 8: 111,900

post-22322-0-39249200-1305000118_thumb.jpg