IGNORED

Error while searching

Just looking through some pages after entering a search term and I got a blank page containing this message after I clicked a page "button" at the bottom :-

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15091 bytes) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/vorash/sources/classes/bbcode/core.php on line 958"

I haven't had it before so it might be a forum upgrade problem.

Just duplicated it with the following :-

Open a new browser instance

Type in www.atariage.com

Click on Forums

Type "nes atari most titles" into the search box (without the quotes)

Click "2" box/button at the bottom of the page

Click "3" box/button at the bottom of the page and you get the error

Thanks for the details--you only need to click on "page 3" to get the error, you don't need to visit page 2 first. I've seen this with other multi-word searches as well. Just filed a support ticket with Invision, and they are usually pretty good about fixing issues like this (within 48 hours or so).

..Al

Thanks--I've been talking to Invision about it, and they feel it's a problem with specific posts that are crashing the BBCode processor. So I need to use one of these searches and try to narrow one of these search criteria down to a single post (which probably has quite a bit of bbcode tags, or malformed tags). If someone wants to try narrow it down to a single post, that would allow the issue to be fixed more quickly. I probably won't be able to do it until Monday or Tuesday..

..Al

The search content in my last bug report gets the server error when I search for the term between the following dates :-

August 7, 2001 1:35 AM

August 8, 2001 1:35 AM

I'm not sure how the times are converted in the search so they might need adjusting to your side of the pond Al.

I just got the same error while searching for the classic computers movie thread using the search box.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15091 bytes) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/vorash/sources/classes/bbcode/core.php on line 958

• 2 weeks later...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15091 bytes) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/vorash/sources/classes/bbcode/core.php on line 958

I get the same error right now - was searching for "wanted st mouse."

• 1 month later...

This error still isn't fixed. I get this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 15091 bytes) in /home/atariage/public_html/forums/vorash/sources/classes/bbcode/core.php on line 997

I was searching for "movies 2600" as I'm trying to find a thread that talked about movies that featured a 2600. This is similar to a query above so maybe the problem thread has something to do with movies.

EDIT: the bug happens on page 4

Edited by batari