IGNORED

High Score Club 9.10 Tapper

Ze_ro

With 5 lives, let a customer get all the way to the Bartender's end of the bar without a drink, or let the mug crashes on the floor at the following scores: 19K, 69K, 119K, 169K, 219K, and so fourth. Remember the scores which you must reach to get a Bonus Life: 20K, 70K, 120K, 170K, 220K, and so fourth.

You get bonus lives at 20K, 50K, and then every 50K thereafter, not what you said, though I'm sure you just made a mistake. You'd want to lose a life purposefully at 19K, 49K, 99K, etc. I've found it makes sense to lose a life and stay on the alien levels if you can, because they give you the most customer points. You get 1,000 for every level cleared regardless (other than bonus level). YUS, finally got the bonus score level! Picture attached. Once you get further in the game the customers get quite difficult. It seems at times that you get a little lucky if they don't toss glasses back, but I got stuck on the later level with the split bars because they kept chucking glass after glass back at me. Anyway, current high score:

Stan, I noted with attention and verified that you get the first bonus life at 20K points and another extra life AT 70K, 120K, 170K POINTS, and so fourth. The second BONUS LIFE occurs when you increase your score by 50K after REACHING 20K-points; so, 20K + 50K = 70K points.

SEE THE FIGURES:

post-24681-0-28957100-1305411013_thumb.png4 LIVES

post-24681-0-53054900-1305411020_thumb.png4 LIVES (Note that I DIDN'T lose any life after 49K mark)

post-24681-0-06380000-1305411024_thumb.png4 LIVES (Note that I DIDN'T lose any life after 49K mark)

post-24681-0-67888500-1305411028_thumb.png5 LIVES (Extra Life at 70K)

Edited by oyamafamily

Hard with using a keyboard

Your settings are WRONG, because the Left Difficulty probably is on "B" position (Novice - Starts at 0 points). Please, note that Left Difficulty sets the starting score: 0 on "B/Novice", and 10,000 on "A/Expert". Please, check the Difficulty Settings before starting your gameplay: Left Difficulty A/Expert (Arcade Level - Starts at 10,000 points) and Right Difficulty B/Novice (Arcade Level - 5 lives to start).

SOME TIPS - NEW REVISION:

BONUS LIVES: The maximum number of lives (bartenders) in this game is 5, because we are playing with Right Difficulty B (5 lives to start). With 5 lives, let a customer get all the way to the Bartender's end of the bar without a drink, or let the mug crashes on the floor at the following scores: 19K, 69K, 119K, 169K, 219K, and so fourth. Remember the scores which you must reach to get a Bonus Life: 20K, and EACH additional 50K points AFTER the 20,000-point mark.

DEMONSTRATION MODE: Press "Game Reset", but DON'T press Fire to start the game. Use the "Demonstration" feature to study the following levels sequence:

1. Cowboy/Girl (2 screens)
  2. Bonus Level
  3. Sportsperson (3 screens)
  4. Bonus Level
  5. Punk Rocker (3 screens)
  6. Bonus Level
  7. Space Creatures (4 screens)
  8. Bonus Level
  9. Repetition of steps 1 to 8, but more difficulty (fast-moving customers).

LAYOUT: Study Tapper Layouts for all 4 level types: Cowboy, Sportsperson, Punk Rocker and Space Creature (according to the map showed below). You can move your Bartender directly from bottom to top table moving your Joystick towards you (DOWN), and vice versa. You always start every stage on the 3rd row (from top to bottom). In 2600 Tapper version, the maximum number of customers per table is 3 on later levels, while in Arcade version, there are 4 customers per table on later stages. Another limitation in 2600 Tapper: on "Punk Bar" scene, there are 3 levels (in Arcade version, 4 levels for this scene).

After completing Wave 2, you note that Waves 3, 4, 5,... have the same Wave 2 Layout.

LEGEND:

1, 2, 3 = Number of customers present on each table

------- = Tables

B = Bartender

COWBOY LEVELS - WAVE 1

SCREEN 1   SCREEN 2
1------B   2------B
1------B   2------B
1------B   2------B
1------B   2------B

SPORTSPERSON LEVELS - WAVE 1

SCREEN 1   SCREEN 2   SCREEN 3
B------2   B------2   B------3
B------3   B------3   B------3

PUNK ROCKER LEVELS - WAVE 1

B------2   3------B   3------B
B------3   3------B   B------3
3------B   B------3   3------B
3------B   B------3   B------3

SPACE CREATURE LEVELS - WAVE 1

SCREEN 1   SCREEN 2   SCREEN 3   SCREEN 4
B------3   B------3   B------3   B------3

COWBOY LEVELS - WAVE 2

SCREEN 1   SCREEN 2
3------B   3------B
3------B   3------B
3------B   3------B
3------B   3------B

SPORTSPERSON LEVELS - WAVE 2

PUNK ROCKER LEVELS - WAVE 2

B------3   3------B   3------B
B------3   3------B   B------3
3------B   B------3   3------B
3------B   B------3   B------3

SPACE CREATURE LEVELS - WAVE 2

SCREEN 1   SCREEN 2   SCREEN 3   SCREEN 4

Edited by oyamafamily

Well I got to 60,000 with four lives left and felt pretty good about getting the bonus...and then the screen went black. I have no idea what happened. I wanted to cry.

I kept playing though and finally got the bonus and killed myself off. I didn't care about the extra man I received. I just let him die as I was getting the camera. I didn't want to risk the screen blacking out again.

post-2105-0-45965800-1305516074_thumb.jpg

I'm having a real hard time with the bonus level. Most of the time (75%)I have no clue which one it is.

I've found that the way I do that bonus round might be the key. Try not to focus on the can itself. I zone my eyes out and look at all of the cans while following the one you need to. This seems to be the way I do it, but I have a good eye for this kind of thing so it might just be an inborn thing or something, but I paid attention last time and that's how I myself do it. Try it!

Thats so like you Jacob... Only at 30,150 myself I hate this game on the VCS (love it on the arcade machine however)

I pretty much agree with you... at least in competition. I'm stuck on emulator

:D Ugh, Tapper is a bit long and demanding on 2600, I keep pressing the button and sometimes he freezes...instead of tossing the drink... (no beers are flying across table) yet, he takes forever. Not sure if it's the game itself or the rom. :ponder:

I swear this game jeopardizes on purpose! Especially if you don't get the bonus round. :x

Edited by JacobZu7zu7