IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Not much of a find really, but any type of game is rare around here lately. I found 3 NES games complete in boxes for $5 each. They were Side Pocket (R4), Vegas Dream (R3) & Championship Bowling (R4).

Where do these R ratings come from anyway? Is it a DP thing? The only guides I've ever had to go by are Mike Etler's rarity list and the Video Game Bible. :P

Today I Found:

Sega SR-1000 Data Recorder (For Sega's Computers) With AC Adaptor $AU5!!

Now I've got 2 Sega Computer Accesories, but no Computer  :sad:

WHOA badbrad!! I have been looking EVERYWHERE for that Atari case! Would also love to find the Atari cover either the navy blue w/ white logo or the vinyl w/ gold logo

Yep those rarity ratings are from the Digital Press Guide #7. R1= Common

For comparison's sake, what about RC Pro AM II and Jungle Book? What level of "R" do they rate? :)

See, this is why we need a ____ Age for every console out there; wouldn't that be cool? (i. e. segaage.com, nintendoage.com, etc.)

Or is that what Digital press is, to a certain degree? I've yet to check out that web site.

I agree..I have noticed that there's just not enough info on the INTV, Colecovision and just about every other system except for the Atari.

I'm referring to the fact that every system should have a site build just like AtariAge..except that it caters to the nooks and crannies of each particular system.

If I had the know-how..I would do something like this.

I agree..I have noticed that there's just not enough info on the INTV, Colecovision and just about every other system except for the Atari.

I'm referring to the fact that every system should have a site build just like AtariAge..except that it caters to the nooks and crannies of each particular system.

If I had the know-how..I would do something like this.

I went to the Kings vs. Mavericks game in Sacramento on Wednesday with my brother and while we were in that city we hit a few thrifts. Not much available but we did find a Flag Capture & Adventure(both text), and a Sky Diver (picture).

Those were good finds and the Kings won easily too. so it was a good trip.

• Like 1

Quite a neat idea for a thread... :)

Right around christmas I managed to find a complete boxed nes power-pack with the power-pad and the system/zappah/2controllers and the trackmeet/mario/duckhunt trio cart, all wrapped up in a sweet box with the styrafome and poster for $10 bucks. That score was all luck, and good timing... it was just on its way out to the floor when i spotted it on the guys trolley.

thanks for the vintagegamer.net link, i've been meaning to check some of the values of some of my nes games

happy day! never had a great thift find... until today.

I got a bunch of common/ somewhat scarce, AND a Xononx Robin Hood/Sir Lancelot double-ender, as well as a Milton Bradley Spitfire Attack - for $3 each! Any idea what these are worth lately? over and out (humming to self 'its a beautiful world').

Yesterday I Got:

Commodore 64 with 2 Boxed Commodore Joysticks, Boxed VIC-20 Paddles (I'm Keeping Those!), Boxed Dattsette and a few tapes. Looks like it had never being used! For only A$8

One Of the First Laptops ever made (Datavue Spark), With case, for A$5. Does anyone no anything about this, I can't find anything on it at all!

Boxed Asian Megadrive: $10. (Clearest ever picture for RF, no Switchbox Needed!)

I haven't ventured into the real world for a while now so all my recent

additions to my collection come from eBay ;)

Sega Saturn (what model has the oval buttons?)

2 controllers 1 looks really cheap but is made by sega too :?

Virtua Cop 2 Pack - CIB :D (note, this includes the Light gun :P )

The House of the Dead (I heard this was uncommon to rare? anyone know?)

Virtua cop

ThunderHawk 2

Bug Too!

Daytona USA

Road Rash

also for other systems (I tried to get something for every system I have this month ;) )

Snes - Killer instinct

N64 - Wipeout 64

VCS - Cookie monster munch (don't have controller)

SMS - 2xMichael Jackson's Moonwalker (only real thrift finds)

still have NES and Megadrive stuff left to find (4 days...EEEK!)

I finally got to this thrift that is only open for 1 hour on Saturday(it's closed by the time I get off work during the week) and it turned out to be pretty good. Here's what I got, all for the SMS:

Phantasy Star

Rambo III

Wanted

Marksman(? title) I can't tremember and I'm at work

Shooting Gallery

They were $3 a piece and had the box &book. All except Phantasy Star are phaser games which for some reason I've really been into lately. I'm starting to really dig the SMS. They have some more I'm going back for on Sat.

Today I got the Rarest 2600 game I have ever found, Steeplechase for $2.99. This is only about the 3rd time in the year I have been collecting that I have ever found ANY atari games at a thrift in my area.

I also found an atari 2600 power supply and a Jaguar power supply for $0.99 each.

At another store I got 2 TurboGrafix-16 games, World Class Baseball and TV Sports Football for $2.99 each

At the flea market today I found:

A really clean 2600 6-switch in a Imagic style storage center

6 common games with instructions (& two other instructions)

Game catalogs for Activision (Winter 1982), Imagic (1982) & Atari (1981)

A 1978 CX2600 Owners manual that has a photo of a heavy sixer on it

Atari Force DC Comic #1

Some assorted warranty cards

All that for $7.00. That was reasonable!

And then I found a white-colored 1982 Namco Pac-Man handheld game for $2.00

And a Vectrex WebWars cartridge for $1.00

This week was really good for me. I found an Atari Jr. (wide rainbow style) for $3, Atari pinball console for $2.50, a Sunnyvale heavy sixer for $3, and a Genesis 1 with version 1 CD add-on for $10 (including the awesomely kitsch game: Moonwalker).

I also fulfilled a longtime desire and I found a 2XL robot - the one that plays 8 track tapes. IF any of you out there have any tapes for it, I'd be interested! All I need is to find a PixelVision 2000, and I can finally retire from thrifting. :)