Photo

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

13400 replies to this topic

#10926 STICH666 OFFLINE  

STICH666

Stargunner

• 1,860 posts

Posted Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:36 AM

Well garage sales are back and so am I. I went to a craigslist garage sale ad on a whim even though it was raining. For $50 I was not disappointed. The games you can't see because of the glare are Yoshi's Story and Mario Party.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10927 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

Stargunner

• 1,675 posts

Posted Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:41 AM

Well garage sales are back and so am I. I went to a craigslist garage sale ad on a whim even though it was raining. For $50 I was not disappointed. The games you can't see because of the glare are Yoshi's Story and Mario Party.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

wow, thats a great find. those games are mint

#10928 NinjaWarrior OFFLINE  

NinjaWarrior

Stargunner

• 1,241 posts

Posted Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:01 PM

Past 3 months

2 Sony Walkmans. 5 Cassette Tapes - $4 Thrift Store
Phone Case $0.48 Eco Thrift
3 Blank Cassette Tapes $1
Small Phone Case $0.11 Eco Thrift
Headphones $1 Eco Thrift (Non Pictured)
AM/FM Stereo (Tape doesn't work..only need it for the TurnTable) $8.03 Eco Thrift
Aiwa AM/FM walkman - Lionel Richie Can't Slow Down/Flashdance $4 Goodwll
Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1/Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits - SNES Not Pictured)($9.95 Ebay
Sonic Riders $2.99 Goodwill (Non Pictured)
Sonic Mega Collection $5 thrift store (Non Pictured)
Katy Perry Teenage Dream $21 Record Vinyl Solution Records
3 Cassette Tapes/1 Record $11 Vinyl Solution Records
Sega Game Gear with AC $3 Works like a Charm
5 33’s/ 4 45’s $14
Another Sony Walkman. Doesn’t work right
Phone Case $2 Eco Thrift
CD Case $3 Eco Thrift
Canon Camera Case $3 Eco Thrift
6 CD's - Debbie Gibson $1.99 Thrift Center/ other 5 came from NA for $8 shipped Non Pictured is MJ History 2 CD's
Sega CD 2 Plate/MK3/Space Invaders/Indy 500(Non Pictured) $9 shipped

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10929 2600Lives OFFLINE  

2600Lives

River Patroller

• 4,342 posts
  • The Masked Wrestleman

Posted Sun Apr 1, 2012 2:16 PM

Mwaaahahahaha!

Found me a Swordquest Waterworld today. Loose. Good condition label.

Price?

.99 cents.

WOOOOT!

#10930 RickHarrisMaine OFFLINE  

RickHarrisMaine

River Patroller

• 2,507 posts

Posted Sun Apr 1, 2012 7:00 PM

Picked up a mint Wario World for the Gamecube, along with Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest for $4.99 each at a Goodwill. OOT/Master Quest had a mint memory card inside too.....

#10931 thegoldenband OFFLINE  

thegoldenband

River Patroller

• 3,762 posts

Posted Sun Apr 1, 2012 11:10 PM

Picked up 5 GB games and 1 GBA games at a convention this week for $10 total, from a Play-N-Trade booth. Most of the booths there were insanely overpriced for anything Nintendo ($70 for a loose cart of Super Mario RPG!), but the GB stuff was quite reasonable.

Unfortunately, I also found out -- or rather, confirmed -- that all of the Play-N-Trades near me, which were owned by the same guy, have now closed. :( I used to buy GB games there at five carts for $5, though I was starting to pick their stock clean of the good stuff (at least the GB/GBC and Game Gear carts).

#10932 orangest OFFLINE  

orangest

Stargunner

• 1,034 posts

Posted Tue Apr 3, 2012 12:20 PM

Posted Image

DS Pokemon HeartGold Version-$15 at a pawn shop.
Jet Grind Radio music sampler-$2 at a thrift.

Posted Image

Genesis Scooby Doo Mystery (complete), NES Gargoyle's Quest II and Baby Boomer-$4.50 each at a thrift.

Posted Image

Zelda OOT Prima strategy guide with exclusive EB Games cover-$1.99 at a thrift.

Posted Image

Microsoft Developer Network Subscription binder from 1999. A few of the Office Test Platform & Development Tools and Development Platform discs are missing, but there's still around 50 discs worth. $2.99 at the same thrift where I found the Zelda OOT guide.

#10933 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Tear down this temple

• 12,424 posts
  • I'll rebuild it in 3 days

Posted Tue Apr 3, 2012 12:25 PM

Game Chasers would have loved to find those NES carts. You still have the best thrifts anywhere orangest.

#10934 xDragonWarrior ONLINE  

xDragonWarrior

Dragonstomper

• 568 posts

Posted Thu Apr 5, 2012 6:03 PM

A clear Gameboy pocket in near perfect condition for $1
a see through Gameboy pocket for $1
a LE Pokemon Gold/Silver Gameboy color close to mint for $1 with Madden NFL 2001
a Genesis model 2 for $2
Sonic the hedgehog,Mortal kombat,Shining in the darkness,Evander holyfield's real deal boxing,and Sports talk football all for $4

#10935 Cortat G ONLINE  

Cortat G

Dragonstomper

• 698 posts
  • Minor lacerations detected.

Posted Thu Apr 5, 2012 9:16 PM

Good Grief! Lotsa great finds! :thumbsup: I gotta get out there this weekend! :thumbsup: :grin:

#10936 Asaki OFFLINE  

Asaki

Stargunner

• 1,254 posts

Posted Fri Apr 6, 2012 6:30 AM

A clear Gameboy pocket ... a see through Gameboy pocket

What's the difference?

#10937 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Tear down this temple

• 12,424 posts

Posted Fri Apr 6, 2012 8:12 AM

A clear Gameboy pocket ... a see through Gameboy pocket

What's the difference?

One is the original fat brick, and one is the skinny slim. They do the same thing.

#10938 Asaki OFFLINE  

Asaki

Stargunner

• 1,254 posts

Posted Fri Apr 6, 2012 9:03 AM

A "Gameboy pocket" is not an "original fat brick" ;)

#10939 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Tear down this temple

• 12,424 posts

Posted Fri Apr 6, 2012 9:21 AM

A "Gameboy pocket" is not an "original fat brick" ;)

Read it wrong, thought it said a clear gameboy, and a clear gameboy pocket. In fact they must have meant a solid color pocket and a clear one.

#10940 Asaki OFFLINE  

Asaki

Stargunner

• 1,254 posts

Posted Fri Apr 6, 2012 1:09 PM

Just got back from Play N Trade looking for Resident Evil Zero, and they had Gunstar Heroes loose for only $8 for some reason. Even the cashier was confused.

Needless to say, I'm about to pop it in my Genny and hope it's not DOA or something.

#10941 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Tear down this temple

• 12,424 posts

Posted Fri Apr 6, 2012 1:26 PM

I've picked up quite a few good / rare genny games for $7.99 at PnT over the past year. Not sure why, maybe they think it won't sell because no one has a genny.

#10942 Asaki OFFLINE  

Asaki

Stargunner

• 1,254 posts

Posted Sat Apr 7, 2012 8:59 AM

Yeah, I don't know. I remember about a year ago or so, I overheard this guy at a different shop talking about how bad Genesis stuff was doing, but the market always has its ups and downs.

Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll happen across a copy of Pirates Gold. Though I really do prefer my Gen games to be CIB, and PNT rarely has boxes for carts.

Edited by Asaki, Sat Apr 7, 2012 9:00 AM.

#10943 31336haxx0r OFFLINE  

31336haxx0r

Dragonstomper

• 515 posts

Posted Sat Apr 7, 2012 9:28 AM

Had a nice ebay find just recently: a PAL 2600 light sixer for 10 bucks. Except for a somewhat wiggly power switch, ist is in an absolutely great condition and outputs the best RF video I've ever seen on a VCS. :)

#10944 Ghost Soldier OFFLINE  

Ghost Soldier

Stargunner

• 1,337 posts

Posted Sat Apr 7, 2012 10:00 PM

Been awhile since I bragged but I had a good score today. Wife had her annual yardsale today and we ended it around 2 p.m. We decided to hit a few yardsales and turned on to Clinton Rd. (Yardsale Road). I look to my left and see a guy on a lawnmower pulling a trailor with a arcade cab on it. I do a double take and see it is a Terminator 2 Judgement Day Cab (my favorite arcade shooter). I whip the Jeep around and pull up as the guy was taking it off the trailer. I asked him what he was doing with it. He said it was FREE to whoever wanted it. I told him I'd go get my truck and he said he would watch it. Went back up the road and grabbed the truck. Loaded my free T2 on it and thanked the man. Best part is the cab works (minus one gun that will fire but wont track onscreen). The cab is in excellent shape and the monitor looks good. Best part for me is that this cab might be the same one I played on at the local mall arcade (Galaxy)

Edited by Ghost Soldier, Sat Apr 7, 2012 10:05 PM.

#10945 Crimefighter OFFLINE  

Crimefighter

Dragonstomper

• 661 posts

Posted Sun Apr 8, 2012 2:18 PM

Midwest Gaming Classic finds...

Gremlins - an R6 game for 50 cents!
Private Eye - an R5 game for 50 cents!
Radar Lock - an R4 game for a buck!

Bought other things but these were the diamonds pulled out of the rough...

#10946 the.golden.ax OFFLINE  

the.golden.ax

Tear down this temple

• 12,424 posts

Posted Sun Apr 8, 2012 7:03 PM

Been awhile since I bragged but I had a good score today. Wife had her annual yardsale today and we ended it around 2 p.m. We decided to hit a few yardsales and turned on to Clinton Rd. (Yardsale Road). I look to my left and see a guy on a lawnmower pulling a trailor with a arcade cab on it. I do a double take and see it is a Terminator 2 Judgement Day Cab (my favorite arcade shooter). I whip the Jeep around and pull up as the guy was taking it off the trailer. I asked him what he was doing with it. He said it was FREE to whoever wanted it. I told him I'd go get my truck and he said he would watch it. Went back up the road and grabbed the truck. Loaded my free T2 on it and thanked the man. Best part is the cab works (minus one gun that will fire but wont track onscreen). The cab is in excellent shape and the monitor looks good. Best part for me is that this cab might be the same one I played on at the local mall arcade (Galaxy)

Fantastic, welcome to the arcade club. I was just looking at some of the XXXX-in-one sites that had a gun game multi-board. Arcade machines are great. I hope you post some picks, and work on it. Would love to hear progress and updates on repairs. :)

#10947 orangest OFFLINE  

orangest

Stargunner

• 1,034 posts

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:15 PM

Posted Image

PSP Breath of Fire III was $4 at an hole in the wall thrift. The FF Tactics disc was inside the case.
NES Power Blade and Puss 'N Boots were $4.50 each at an Out of the Closet thrift.
The Neverhood was $2.99 at a Salvation Army. The manual and disc are in excellent shape.

#10948 SRGilbert OFFLINE  

SRGilbert

River Patroller

• 2,494 posts

Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:48 PM

I don't know how I keep finding Colecovision games out in the wild, but I do. Last night at a used games/music/book store they had a box of Atari and CV carts that I picked through to find these gems:

Rocky Super Action Boxing
River Raid
Beamrider
Spy Hunter
The Dukes of Hazzard
Zengi
Up N Down
Roc'n Rope
Bump n Jump
Gateway to Apshai
Root Beer Tapper
Illusions
Q-bert
Spectron
Star Trek SOS
WarGames
Gyruss
Defender

Now some of the labels are a little rough and they all need a good cleaning, but I couldn't complain for ONE DOLLAR A PIECE! Oh, wait, I forgot, they were buy 5 get one free too! So the whole batch was only $15. :)

#10949 AtariLeaf OFFLINE  

AtariLeaf

Quadrunner

• 8,129 posts

Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:58 PM

I don't know how I keep finding Colecovision games out in the wild, but I do. Last night at a used games/music/book store they had a box of Atari and CV carts that I picked through to find these gems:

Rocky Super Action Boxing
River Raid
Beamrider
Spy Hunter
The Dukes of Hazzard
Zengi
Up N Down
Roc'n Rope
Bump n Jump
Gateway to Apshai
Root Beer Tapper
Illusions
Q-bert
Spectron
Star Trek SOS
WarGames
Gyruss
Defender

Now some of the labels are a little rough and they all need a good cleaning, but I couldn't complain for ONE DOLLAR A PIECE! Oh, wait, I forgot, they were buy 5 get one free too! So the whole batch was only $15. :)

I hate you. :P

#10950 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

Stargunner

• 1,675 posts

Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:01 PM

i have seen one colecovision game in the wild... EVER ... zaxxon for 3.99

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users