IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Could have been a pistol from one of the old pong systems. Some of those had plugs instead of being hardwired IIRC

Was it something like this?

It looked more like a Konami Justifier.

Master System had a light gun that used a din 9 connector. There are also allot of famiclones that use light guns with a din 9 plug. It could have been that I see them at goodwill from time to time.

The Light Phaser plugged into the controller port.

I'm thinking this only had four or five pins and may have said "made in Hong Kong."

We had a gun that looked like an orange Justifier, with a DB9 connector that was plugged into an adapter so it would work on an SNES...I think it came bundled with Battle Clash.

Didn't have any light gun games at the time to see if it worked on a Genesis, and now that I do, I have no idea where the thing went =|

Found a small cache of Genesis games... and not sports games, thank goodness! For five dollars, I picked up Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition and Mortal Kombat 3, both still in box (but without instructions). I could have gotten a loose copy of Bubsy, but who wants that?

There's a new store in my mall, they sell everything from cards to games, not exactly a thrift store. luckily they had some older stuff clear down to the Nes but everything's rather common carts. I picked up Doom 64 though for 10 bucks. A little on the high side but I'm a Doom and n64 fan.. just had to have it.

I still have the cardboard case for that...somewhere...

I remember liking those games when I was a kid, but I haven't really been able to play them since.

If you find the orphaned Bubsy case, I wouldn't mind snagging it from you. I have my Bubsy cart + manual in a clamshell with repro art, but I wouldn't mind freeing it up for my copy of Super Off-Road instead. I've only got a few loose Genesis carts left to find homes for!

If you find the orphaned Bubsy case, I wouldn't mind snagging it from you.

I doubt it =( There should be a cardboard Sonic 3 case with it also, but the last couple times I looked for them, they were nowhere to be seen. And unless somehow they got water damaged or moldy or something, I can't picture my mom throwing them away. LOST FOREVER.

IMG_20140117_171740_zpsnyu1f4zi.jpg

Brought a little bit of trade-in at a game store near work and got this for $13.57.

IMG_20140117_171804_zps91icu96m.jpg

Two days after finding Pikmin 1 for $1.99 at a Salvation Army near my home, I found this at the Goodwill one block down today for $5.99. Go figure...

It has been well over a year since finding absolutely anything even remotely worthwhile at a thrift store. I stopped this evening to drop off donations and looked around for a minute. Not a darn thing. *sigh*

Found some Atari 7800 Games today bundled together. Four packs of 10 games for $8 each ... bought them all. Included was Double Dragon, Midnight Mutants, Commando, Alien Brigade, Basketbrawl and Planet Smashers. They had some Atari 5200 game packs as well ... but I can't see the labels to see if there's anything good so I left them!

attachicon.gifGames 1.JPG attachicon.gifGames 2.JPG

Nice find! I need a couple of those :)

Every time i see this thread, i get so tempted to go try at my Goodwill...but then I retract to reality knowing that it will only end in disappointment. Maybe this week-end I'll find myself in a Goodwill.

It's the lure of the siren ... you're drawn in by the dream of finding the holy grail of video games (an Intellivision keyboard component) only to be thrust upon the rocks of despair (a couple of overpriced ps2 sports games).

And yet, we trudge on, desperately telling ourselves that the next time ... the treasures of the world shall be ours.

• Like 1