IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Got the following:

Uriah Heep - Very 'eavy, Very 'umble" - $3

Uriah Heep - "Demons and Wizards" - $3

Head East - "Flat As A Pancake" - $3

Led Zeppelin - "Houses of the Holy - $7 (the jacket is kinda messed up but the vinyl plays fine)

Gameboy Pocket sans battery cover - $6

Metroid Fusion - $6

post-23072-0-02501700-1410280907_thumb.jpg

Edited by BDW
  • Like 2

If anyone wants the Mario display and the Super Mario Bros display PM me, I'm not interested in keeping Nintendo stuff. I'll put a posting in my for sale thread (Grig's Gunstar Garage). Thanks!

But are you selling the Littel Cupides?

Got the following:

Led Zeppelin - "Houses of the Holy - $7 (the jacket is kinda messed up but the vinyl plays fine)

Gameboy Pocket sans battery cover - $6

Metroid Fusion - $6

attachicon.gif2014-09-09 11.35.39.jpg

Very nice. Now you've got me feeling like I should check the vinyls more often, I never find anything nearly that cool (I don't know the Head East album, though).

• Like 1

Lot of boxed games I want to sell, PM me offers:

SNES:

Beavis and Butthead

Donkey Kong Country

Emmitt Smith Football

Super Metroid

Vegas Stakes

Wheel of Fortune

N64:

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes

Duke Nukem: Zero Hour

South Park

Stars Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Collector's Edition

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I'm selling these as a lot, so they all go at once, :)

EDIT:

Also, forgot to say all games come in plastic shells, to protect from dust and such.

Edited by Darth Link

Found these today at a local gaming shop. Some guy came in and traded in a bunch of 2600 sealed games when i was in but haven't been priced out yet. Gonna go and see them later, but here are the ones they had ready to go. No big deal, but nowadays finds even like this are getting slim for me.

post-7407-0-05662600-1410402376_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got the following:

Nice finds! Some bands are incredibly hard to find on vinyl at thrift stores, and Zeppelin is definitely one of them. Of course thanks to the Internet and eBay any thrift store employee can figure out what's worth keeping off the floor, but even back in the day some vinyls were hard to come by. I guess even before the Internet everyone knew about the Beatles.

Very nice. Now you've got me feeling like I should check the vinyls more often, I never find anything nearly that cool (I don't know the Head East album, though).

That one has their one memorable hit, "Never Been Any Reason." I was happy to find that vinyl a year or so ago. At the time that was one of the very few big classic rock songs I didn't yet have on any medium in my collection. Coincidentally enough, Uriah Heep's "The Park," off of Salisbury, is one I still hope to find on vinyl.

Nice finds! Some bands are incredibly hard to find on vinyl at thrift stores, and Zeppelin is definitely one of them.

On the rare occasion that I do find something good, it's 50s or 60s.

My friend had an extra Houses of the Holy that he gave me, and it was covered in mold. I took a little bit of Ivory soap and water to it, and spun Rain Song a few times. Glorious.

That one has their one memorable hit, "Never Been Any Reason."

Yep, never heard this song before.

Local pawn shop find...

4KSCbfE.jpg

$16. All cords. Works perfect. Battery cover in tact.

Also had a 32X sitting in it.

There was a Saturn NetLink in the same box.

SIXTEEN DOLLARS.

This find is the reason I frequent thrift stores and yard sales. It will be mine someday. Oh yes. It will be mine.

That said I hit two good yard sales today and didn't do too bad:

2lc1ris.jpg

Xbox with 2 controllers and all hookups for $5 because the tray would not eject.

Fixed it at home in 5 minutes. One of the plastic pins that held the door eject gear in place snapped so I replaced it with a solid steel nail. Works great now!

Then I got the PS3 games for $2 each at another yard sale!

Finally on the way home I stopped at a thrift store and got a fully working xbox for $10.

That gives me an active, a spare, and two for trade! :)

Edited by dashv
  • Like 1

Does garage sales find count too here?

I found one nifty item today, for 2€.

IMG_20140914_173837_zps9908d787.jpg

Along with a DVD, a 20 (or maybe 30) years old fluocompact lamp, a Casio Graphics, very compact and so 80's, and a numeric camera/webcam, sadly the batteries leaked inside and it doesn't work.

And so, this mouse and software for the Amstrad CPC line of computer.

IMG_20140914_173930_zpsd21f94fc.jpg

Does it works? No idea,I do'nt have any CPC right here to test it. But I assume that the hardware is OK, if not the software.

Of course garage sales count!

I'd like to know more about this Casio graphics thingamabobber. Is it a calculator or a pocket computer? (Not that there was much of a difference in the 1980s.)

Somewhere in between? It's a scientific calculator in which you can record some basic programs. Not really a computer, but much more powerful than your pocket calculator. It's way enough for all grades of schools I guess :) and for 2€ with freshly replaced batteries, I couldn't let it pass.

http://www.rskey.org/CMS/index.php/7?manufacturer=Casio&model=fx-7500G

For once Goodwill majorly paid out for me this weekend. They had some 2600 games in the case for 5 bucks each, but the clerk wanted to get rid of them, so she dropped them to 2 bucks. I ended up buying Surround, Super Challenge Baseball and Football, Chopper Command, Megamania, Basketball and extra copies of Robot Tank, Pitfall and Berzerk to replace worse condition ones I already had. I got 9 games for about 18 bucks. Not a spectacular deal for many of you I bet, but I hardly find 2600 games around, so I'm willing to pay a bit more for them.