IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

$5.99 at Value Village yesterday. It was in with the board games. Musta caught them slipping because something like this is normally in the glass display case for $50. No instructions or game but the gun looks good. Worth the price just for the box and it's in pretty good shape. It's not something I'm going to use though so I'm giving it to another local collector.

post-2493-0-59041000-1418815466_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I have a couple n64 fight sticks. Mine have removable sticks they can either be placed in center or side.

Mine look like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-64-N64-Shark-Arcade-Fighting-Stick-Controller-Killer-Instinct-Gold-LOOK-/151506488352?pt=US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item23467d8c20

Upon a little more inspection of yours and noticing you have the stick on right side, I seen the buttons on it as well. You do not have a fight stick you have a flight stick.

Edited by icemanxp300

Until a few days ago, I was taking a sabbatical of sorts from thrifting since I had barely been finding anything good. It must have been a good idea, because when I returned to a local Goodwill for the first time in months, I found a bunch of N64 games, boxed and in plastic cases. I ended up getting CIB copies of Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day (the best pick of the haul!), and cased copies of Mario 64 and Doom 64, with manuals. Everything was 3 bucks, and it really re-encouraged me to keep looking around for good stuff.

Until a few days ago, I was taking a sabbatical of sorts from thrifting since I had barely been finding anything good. It must have been a good idea, because when I returned to a local Goodwill for the first time in months, I found a bunch of N64 games, boxed and in plastic cases. I ended up getting CIB copies of Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day (the best pick of the haul!), and cased copies of Mario 64 and Doom 64, with manuals. Everything was 3 bucks, and it really re-encouraged me to keep looking around for good stuff.

Lucky find. Must be the holiday help. I doubt that something like Conker's Bad Fur Day at ours would even make the floor before it is diverted to their own auction site or for that third party reseller that was posted several pages back.

Lucky find. Must be the holiday help. I doubt that something like Conker's Bad Fur Day at ours would even make the floor before it is diverted to their own auction site or for that third party reseller that was posted several pages back.

None of my Goodwills have done that, or at least yet. It's always a worry though, since so many people here are talking about their local places converting to that system. Typically, I'm just worried about other collectors or resellers nabbing the cool stuff first, or the staff overpricing games. Or the store only having worthless copies of old sports games I don't care about. I can barely tell you how many times THAT'S been the case

Edited by Nesbroslash

It was mentioned on Cheap Ass Gamer a few days ago. Evidently Target was eliminating stock from the previous year. Here's the link:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/340705-50-off-discontinued-games-and-consoles-at-target-starting-the-28th-ymmv/

Old Vitae and Xbox Ones were included in the sale, along with an assortment of games. You had to use the Lego fan site Brickseek to track down the deals, though. Type in a DPCI code for each item and you'll be shown where you can (and can't) get them.

The deals are probably gone by now, but there were four 3DS XLs in Sierra Vista yesterday morning and two left at night.

Shame a new 3DS will be coming soon with its own software library...

I don't know, when the DSi came out they were talking about all the games that were going to take advantage of it, but it doesn't seem like very much came of that.

New 3DS might be a different story though...who knows? I just want one because it fixes everything I don't like about the 3DS.